Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis extends 11:37 - Jan 16 with 7382 viewsDaleiLama

Contracted 'til summer 2020
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 11:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lillis extends on 11:39 - Jan 16 with 5146 viewsNewbury_Dale

I think he’s quite fortunate to secure an extension based on the limited evidence I’ve seen this season.
Lillis extends on 11:49 - Jan 16 with 5085 viewsdawlishdale

I think Josh is a decent enough keeper for us. Happy for him to have extended.

However, it's other areas where we need to sort things out. LH Side of defence is now looking very weak. A central midfield box to box (lund type), a winger with genuine pace, and a goalscorer would have all been higher up on my list.
Lillis extends on 11:53 - Jan 16 with 5060 viewssandy_dale

Happy with this. He has let in some absolute shockers I have to say but it is league one. Low budget and if we had even a half decent defence that gave josh some confidence most of those mistakes probably would be avoided
Lillis extends on 12:39 - Jan 16 with 4862 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lucky Lad.....
Lillis extends on 12:51 - Jan 16 with 4818 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis extends on 12:39 - Jan 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Lucky Lad.....

You’re right, we should have brought Shilton out of retirement.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lillis extends on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 4775 viewsJimmyRustler

Honestly, I think this is an extension which has been made on the proviso that we're going down. I think that if our League 1 status would have been much more certain at this stage of the season, we'd be looking to bring someone else in
Lillis extends on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 4737 viewsnordenblue

Lillis extends on 11:53 - Jan 16 by sandy_dale

Happy with this. He has let in some absolute shockers I have to say but it is league one. Low budget and if we had even a half decent defence that gave josh some confidence most of those mistakes probably would be avoided

Most of his mistakes are basic schoolboy goalkeeping errors though,blame confidence,defenders etc whatever you like but he is very/too fragile for a keeper,and his decision making is less than crap,(ie Blackburn recently)....

Amazed he's been offered a new contract,even more so considering Hilly has tried to replace him a fair few times,hardly shows much faith in him
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 13:11]
Lillis extends on 13:16 - Jan 16 with 4701 viewsBrierls

I’ve never been Lillis biggest fan, I don’t think Hilly has either, but I do recognise that he is a decent keeper at this level. His form does swing quite a bit; one month he’ll appear unbeatable, the next he’ll look like he’s forgotten how to save or catch a ball. Average things out and he’s done a good job for us, I think.

I’m not disappointed at this one, we could do a lot worse!
Login to get fewer ads

Lillis extends on 13:18 - Jan 16 with 4692 views442Dale

For the 474th time we need to ask what better keepers are there at this level within our budget. Lillis will make mistakes, as all keepers do, but he’s steady in the main and excellent on occasions. His bad spells are confidence related rather than ability and he’s committed to regaining his place when left out.

A good deal for club and player.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lillis extends on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 4617 viewsToffeemanc

Quite happy with this one.
Overall Josh has been a good keeper for us and just suffers with the odd dip in form/confidence just like any other players.

This contract extension makes a lot more sense than some others that have been handed out this season.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 14:34]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Lillis extends on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 4610 viewssweetcorn

Hope he’s signing as a number 2 ffs

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Lillis extends on 13:38 - Jan 16 with 4589 viewsD_Alien

Lillis extends on 13:35 - Jan 16 by sweetcorn

Hope he’s signing as a number 2 ffs

Are you saying he's shit?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis extends on 13:45 - Jan 16 with 4561 viewsJimmyRustler

Lillis extends on 13:18 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

For the 474th time we need to ask what better keepers are there at this level within our budget. Lillis will make mistakes, as all keepers do, but he’s steady in the main and excellent on occasions. His bad spells are confidence related rather than ability and he’s committed to regaining his place when left out.

A good deal for club and player.

I don't agree that his mistakes are confidence related.

The bottom line isn't that whilst he's a very good shot stopper, he hasn't ever convincingly commanded his area. With the level we're at and given how vulnerable we are from set pieces/crosses, I would much prefer a keeper who sacrifices some of that shotstopping ability for a proper control of his own 6 yard box.
Lillis extends on 15:24 - Jan 16 with 4390 views100569

and his distribution at times is god damn awful
Lillis extends on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 4280 viewsDaleiLama

Some of his gaffes have cost us games. Some of his great saves have kept us in games or won us games. He's far from our weakest link. He also needs decent competition, as does most of the squad within reason and budget,

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lillis extends on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 4240 viewssweetcorn

Lillis extends on 13:38 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

Are you saying he's shit?

He’s not shit, but he’s also not very good.. how many keepers have we had on loan who have dislodged him from number 1 since he’s been here.. that speaks volumes

Lillis extends on 16:54 - Jan 16 with 4191 viewsBlueDales

Lillis extends on 16:37 - Jan 16 by sweetcorn

He’s not shit, but he’s also not very good.. how many keepers have we had on loan who have dislodged him from number 1 since he’s been here.. that speaks volumes

But yet he's always won the jersey back. You don't play over 200 games at a club that is above your level.
Lillis extends on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 4143 views442Dale

Lillis extends on 16:54 - Jan 16 by BlueDales

But yet he's always won the jersey back. You don't play over 200 games at a club that is above your level.

Exactly. He’s a 7/8 out of ten keeper who is surpassed when you get a Logan (1st spell), but in the main is a good player to have. Can we do better? Some names?

Lillis extends on 17:13 - Jan 16 with 4125 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lillis extends on 13:45 - Jan 16 by JimmyRustler

I don't agree that his mistakes are confidence related.

The bottom line isn't that whilst he's a very good shot stopper, he hasn't ever convincingly commanded his area. With the level we're at and given how vulnerable we are from set pieces/crosses, I would much prefer a keeper who sacrifices some of that shotstopping ability for a proper control of his own 6 yard box.

Be ok for league two

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lillis extends on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 4051 viewssweetcorn

Lillis extends on 17:05 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

Exactly. He’s a 7/8 out of ten keeper who is surpassed when you get a Logan (1st spell), but in the main is a good player to have. Can we do better? Some names?

The question of asking for names in lower league just doesnt work out.. if it was europes top leagues fair enough, as you see a lot of the players.. but as said by someone on a previous thread, we see players in the lower league, once or twice a season when they play us and maybe of they’ve done something which makes it onto the 1 minute highlights, so our opinion can sometimes be skewed on who is a good lower league player, other than the obvious stars who are scoring tons of goals..

It’s not my job to find someone better than lillis, that’s why we have scouts to go and find potentially better players.. lillis isnt good enough for me and thats my opinion, he flaps that much you’d think his arms are wings..

Lillis extends on 18:07 - Jan 16 with 3992 views442Dale

Lillis extends on 17:47 - Jan 16 by sweetcorn

The question of asking for names in lower league just doesnt work out.. if it was europes top leagues fair enough, as you see a lot of the players.. but as said by someone on a previous thread, we see players in the lower league, once or twice a season when they play us and maybe of they’ve done something which makes it onto the 1 minute highlights, so our opinion can sometimes be skewed on who is a good lower league player, other than the obvious stars who are scoring tons of goals..

It’s not my job to find someone better than lillis, that’s why we have scouts to go and find potentially better players.. lillis isnt good enough for me and thats my opinion, he flaps that much you’d think his arms are wings..

Surely if we can all name good outfield players at this level we can think of five keepers we’d like to sign?

I accept his limitations, but I don’t think they’re that big in comparison to others in L1&2.

Lillis extends on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 3948 viewsShun

Lillis extends on 16:37 - Jan 16 by sweetcorn

Your usage of 'dislodge' was appreciated following DA's 'number 2' joke!

As for your other post, it was I who made the point that we shouldn't be expected to name lower league players as replacements due to not knowing enough about them, so I agree with you in that respect. I do think though that Lillis is a perfectly acceptable goalkeeper in Leagues One or Two. Nothing more or less than acceptable.
Lillis extends on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 3881 views49thseason

I have to confess that after the departures of:
Jamie Allen
Joe Bunney
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams (11)
And the other Jordan Williams (12) having seemingly disappeared, I was sort of hopeful that Jim McNulty and Josh Lillis were next on Keith's list with Joe Rafferty and Joe Thompson being the sole remaining Js. However, the Lillis contract extension has put paid to my theory.
Lillis is OK until he has time to think and it does seem that thinking takes its time with Josh. I often despair at the length of time it takes him to let the other team get organised before he unleashes his famous "donkeydrop" kick, you know the one that goes 10,000 feet in the air and then falls like a stone onto the opposing Centre Half's head. Thankfully it is almost impossible for Calvin Andrew to head it successfully on this trajectory thus saving him from the early onset of Altzheimers.
I have also been a frequent critic of his penalty-saving prowess which I am pleased to say seems to be improving thanks to the frequent practice sessions the Checkatrade Trophy has afforded him. Saving 1 in 5 is not quite up to the national average of 1 in 3 but it is a step in the right direction!
Josh is a fine goalkeeper when positioned on his line but as others have alluded to his "command of the box" when combined with McNulty's lack of awareness of his surroundings tends to give opposing teams a couple of free headers on the edge of the 6-yard box every match. A couple of sessions at the "Chris Harker school of punching the ball or the opposing Centre Forward" would not go amiss.
Lillis extends on 19:04 - Jan 16 with 3848 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis extends on 18:51 - Jan 16 by 49thseason

I have to confess that after the departures of:
Jamie Allen
Joe Bunney
Jordan Slew
Jordan Williams (11)
And the other Jordan Williams (12) having seemingly disappeared, I was sort of hopeful that Jim McNulty and Josh Lillis were next on Keith's list with Joe Rafferty and Joe Thompson being the sole remaining Js. However, the Lillis contract extension has put paid to my theory.
Lillis is OK until he has time to think and it does seem that thinking takes its time with Josh. I often despair at the length of time it takes him to let the other team get organised before he unleashes his famous "donkeydrop" kick, you know the one that goes 10,000 feet in the air and then falls like a stone onto the opposing Centre Half's head. Thankfully it is almost impossible for Calvin Andrew to head it successfully on this trajectory thus saving him from the early onset of Altzheimers.
I have also been a frequent critic of his penalty-saving prowess which I am pleased to say seems to be improving thanks to the frequent practice sessions the Checkatrade Trophy has afforded him. Saving 1 in 5 is not quite up to the national average of 1 in 3 but it is a step in the right direction!
Josh is a fine goalkeeper when positioned on his line but as others have alluded to his "command of the box" when combined with McNulty's lack of awareness of his surroundings tends to give opposing teams a couple of free headers on the edge of the 6-yard box every match. A couple of sessions at the "Chris Harker school of punching the ball or the opposing Centre Forward" would not go amiss.

Williams (12) is back at Liverpool for medical treatment after something happened to him in November.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lillis extends on 20:34 - Jan 16 with 3728 viewsIknoweverything

Lillis extends on 12:39 - Jan 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Lucky Lad.....

Seriously, why do you bother posting?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024