Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weaker or stronger? 09:54 - Jan 18 with 10671 viewsdawlishdale

Just thought I'd ask peoples opinion on our transfer dealings to date in the January window.

Ins:

Billy Nott (loan from Lincoln) Good swap deal . Can't be as poor as Williams surely?

Ryan Delaney (signed from Burton) Untried defender. No appearances in England. One for the future?

Sam Hart: (loan from Blackburn) Left Back Again, an untried player...not played a L1 game yet.

Outs:

Jordan Williams (Loan to Lincoln) Has been awful here. Good deal for all parties

Joe Bunney (Sold to Northampton) bit of a surprise, selling to a relegation rival in the same league, but Joe divides opinion among fans I know. Surely, we didn't need the money?

Jordan Slew: Left at end of short term contract. Never given a chance, Not much idea if he is any good based on what I saw.

MJ Williams : Back to parent club. Had been injured that long I'd almost forgotten him being here, but we looked better when he did play.

Other stuff:

There are also rumours of Camps leaving, and I had a phone call last night telling me that we are trying to offload several other players...some are regular first teamers if fit. Others are no surprise, but not able to go at present.

No idea if we intend to bring anyone else in.

I reckon that we are weaker now than before the window opened, and I expect us to add some quality to the squad without too many departures. However, the realist in me expects Camps to be sold (undisclosed fee) and for us to bring in a couple of players...one youngster and one we've seen before.

Need to bring in

Box to box midfield player
Winger with pace
Goal scorer (which is always the hardest thing to find)
New pitch (the correct one this time please...what a waste the last one has been)

I've given up on us signing Jims replacement. This is something that we should have done over a year ago, but Hill obviously can't see a problem or he wouldn't have given him a contract extension.

Weaker or stronger? on 17:35 - Jan 18 with 2902 viewsaleanddale

Hard to say but add Dobre to the OP and we look different!

what we had was stale and not working so a change up might be whats required.

lets see where we are when the Window closes but lets not give up yet its not Feb yet!!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 8:36]
Weaker or stronger? on 18:32 - Jan 18 with 2815 viewsgeraldo

Weaker or stronger? on 16:54 - Jan 18 by aleanddale

Not when he is the best option for us regardless of league 1 or lg2.

Hilly deserves that contract on the basis of the best few years I have ever experienced supporting Dale.

He will come good again - watch this space!!

The problem about the 5 year deal is that it will cost an enormous amount of money if the Board ever want to get rid of Hill.
Weaker or stronger? on 18:49 - Jan 18 with 2769 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 18:32 - Jan 18 by geraldo

The problem about the 5 year deal is that it will cost an enormous amount of money if the Board ever want to get rid of Hill.

They probably haven’t thought of that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Weaker or stronger? on 19:03 - Jan 18 with 2737 viewsDaleiLama

With regards to the OP question, should we wait and see how the players fit in and they play first?

After the addition of a £100k winger, Kgosi and then Done coming back + Williams, Daniels and Inman on loan, we looked to be in good shape at the start of the season and look how that worked out.

Give the new players a chance and our support. Agree with others, we're not down yet and we're at least having a go at staying up. Fingers crossed plan B is better than plan A.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weaker or stronger? (n/t) on 19:12 - Jan 18 with 2717 viewsalbert_park

Weaker or stronger? (n/t) on 19:22 - Jan 18 with 2690 viewsalbert_park

[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 19:33]
Weaker or stronger? on 19:29 - Jan 18 with 2670 viewsdalelee

Weaker or stronger? on 18:49 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

They probably haven’t thought of that.

I 100% agreed with the decision to give Hill a 5 year contract. The board was rewarding and retaining the most successful manager in our history while Hill was committing to us at a time when I feared rival clubs would show an interest.
We are critical of the board if we do not tie our best players to long term deals so I don't see why we wouldn't do the same for a valued manager

As for the OP. We are no weaker unless we lose Camps. We need to be a lot stronger to survive though. Billy Knott is a good signing. I hope we can get the best out of him. Open minded about the others but haven't seen any of them play before.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 19:30]
Weaker or stronger? on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 2628 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 19:29 - Jan 18 by dalelee

I 100% agreed with the decision to give Hill a 5 year contract. The board was rewarding and retaining the most successful manager in our history while Hill was committing to us at a time when I feared rival clubs would show an interest.
We are critical of the board if we do not tie our best players to long term deals so I don't see why we wouldn't do the same for a valued manager

As for the OP. We are no weaker unless we lose Camps. We need to be a lot stronger to survive though. Billy Knott is a good signing. I hope we can get the best out of him. Open minded about the others but haven't seen any of them play before.

Couldn't agree more, dalelee.

Login to get fewer ads

Weaker or stronger? on 20:30 - Jan 18 with 2532 viewskiwidale

Weaker or stronger? on 19:29 - Jan 18 by dalelee

I agree with that esp the Hill bit. Back to the OP at least we are doing something with 4 players in already, I was hoping for more experience but Hill has stayed true to his blueprint of signing young and eager lads maybe a broken toy in Knott. I fully expect Camps to go my feeling is the deal is all but done but we are holding out for more money. I wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the wire like the Allen deal did. We will take the offer at the last minute if the buying club wont budge? I also think there are more ins and outs to come and overall I'm pleased the club is acting, doing nothing was not an option.

This is not the time for bickering.

Weaker or stronger? on 20:34 - Jan 18 with 2522 viewsIknoweverything

Weaker or stronger? on 20:30 - Jan 18 by kiwidale

I agree with that esp the Hill bit. Back to the OP at least we are doing something with 4 players in already, I was hoping for more experience but Hill has stayed true to his blueprint of signing young and eager lads maybe a broken toy in Knott. I fully expect Camps to go my feeling is the deal is all but done but we are holding out for more money. I wouldn't be surprised if it went down to the wire like the Allen deal did. We will take the offer at the last minute if the buying club wont budge? I also think there are more ins and outs to come and overall I'm pleased the club is acting, doing nothing was not an option.

I just laugh at everything you post because you haven’t a clue. Why do you bother? You’re like a referee that keeps getting hit by the ball - in the way.
Weaker or stronger? on 20:36 - Jan 18 with 2513 viewskiwidale

Weaker or stronger? on 20:34 - Jan 18 by Iknoweverything

I just laugh at everything you post because you haven’t a clue. Why do you bother? You’re like a referee that keeps getting hit by the ball - in the way.

deary deary me how old are you?

This is not the time for bickering.

Weaker or stronger? on 20:36 - Jan 18 with 2512 viewsIknoweverything

Weaker or stronger? on 18:32 - Jan 18 by geraldo

Why do we only see you when it’s a moan?
Weaker or stronger? on 20:37 - Jan 18 with 2500 viewsIknoweverything

Weaker or stronger? on 20:36 - Jan 18 by kiwidale

deary deary me how old are you?

Irrelevant question, as what I’m saying is true.
Weaker or stronger? on 00:20 - Jan 19 with 2306 viewsPassmondsBlue

I think we need to have a wider view on the situation we are in, we have signed some good players who have played at League 1 level and have had good reviews, we have sold a player for a profit who has had divided support from fans (that's what we do and it keeps us going), and we have got rid of/shipped out some under performers. This sounds to me like we are Stronger. If Camps goes it will be for very good money and you can see his head or heart is not 100% with the Dale this year after seeing Lund, Allen, NML etc. go on to better things. I am sure Keith Hill has this already covered as he will have had the calls from other clubs asking about Camps. This will also make us Stronger.

I would also like to say that as mentioned on this thread before we have looked very stagnant this year and predictable how we play, to that end its good to see our manager act to change things around.

On Keith Hill's 5 year contract I congratulate the board on being so forward thinking, you have only got to look back a few years at our past managers to see what we could have if a big club like Bolton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Wigan were to take KH away, we would be stuck with the likes of Man City's youth coach or Soft Lad again. We are going to have a Rochdale football club for a long time and planning for the next five years we need a manager so who better than our current manager who is totally committed to team Rochdale, Please don't focus on the money as we have to pay wages to a manager so why not have a proven one who has given us fans two promotions already.

All that said we are Stronger and will continue to get Stronger even if our league position is not where our expectations are at any given time.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:35]

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Weaker or stronger? on 06:23 - Jan 19 with 2205 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Weaker or stronger? on 00:20 - Jan 19 by PassmondsBlue

I think we need to have a wider view on the situation we are in, we have signed some good players who have played at League 1 level and have had good reviews, we have sold a player for a profit who has had divided support from fans (that's what we do and it keeps us going), and we have got rid of/shipped out some under performers. This sounds to me like we are Stronger. If Camps goes it will be for very good money and you can see his head or heart is not 100% with the Dale this year after seeing Lund, Allen, NML etc. go on to better things. I am sure Keith Hill has this already covered as he will have had the calls from other clubs asking about Camps. This will also make us Stronger.

I would also like to say that as mentioned on this thread before we have looked very stagnant this year and predictable how we play, to that end its good to see our manager act to change things around.

On Keith Hill's 5 year contract I congratulate the board on being so forward thinking, you have only got to look back a few years at our past managers to see what we could have if a big club like Bolton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Wigan were to take KH away, we would be stuck with the likes of Man City's youth coach or Soft Lad again. We are going to have a Rochdale football club for a long time and planning for the next five years we need a manager so who better than our current manager who is totally committed to team Rochdale, Please don't focus on the money as we have to pay wages to a manager so why not have a proven one who has given us fans two promotions already.

All that said we are Stronger and will continue to get Stronger even if our league position is not where our expectations are at any given time.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:35]

How do you know that if Camps goes it will be for very good money, and also what constitutes very good money? It will be undisclosed. As far as Hill, if another club wanted him, they could have him if he wanted to go, the contract he’s on just means we would get compensated for him. Then again, there might be clauses in the contract that might mean, that might not be the case, we would probably still get a good amount. There might be clauses that allow the Club to terminate, without payment of all the balances of the five years.
I agree with much of the rest of your post, yes the squad needed a freshen up, deadwood needed clearing out, new blood brought in. Just hope these, and other changes have the desired effect.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 6:26]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Weaker or stronger? on 09:10 - Jan 19 with 2081 viewsDaleiLama

Weaker or stronger? on 06:23 - Jan 19 by foreverhopefulDale

How do you know that if Camps goes it will be for very good money, and also what constitutes very good money? It will be undisclosed. As far as Hill, if another club wanted him, they could have him if he wanted to go, the contract he’s on just means we would get compensated for him. Then again, there might be clauses in the contract that might mean, that might not be the case, we would probably still get a good amount. There might be clauses that allow the Club to terminate, without payment of all the balances of the five years.
I agree with much of the rest of your post, yes the squad needed a freshen up, deadwood needed clearing out, new blood brought in. Just hope these, and other changes have the desired effect.

Past deals have shown that we will hold out for what we think is a players value. Whether that constitutes "very good money" is down to opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weaker or stronger? on 15:04 - Jan 19 with 1888 viewsJimmyRustler

Weaker or stronger? on 06:23 - Jan 19 by foreverhopefulDale

You make a good point about Hill's contract. I'd like to think we have something in place which is similar to what Pardew's situation at Newcastle was when they gave him a 8(?) year contract but only had to pay him a fraction of that when they sacked him
Weaker or stronger? on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 1859 viewsR17ALE

I don't understand why a few on here are concerned at the 5 year deal. It makes sense to me, and Rustler may well be right in that there is a pre-agreed severance pay out should things go tits up.

The 5 year deal protects us however. Would a Barnsley sized club really want to pay up a 5 year deal to lure Hill away?

Nonetheless, I think we're probably a bit stronger now. I'm hoping for a similar bounce to 2007 (?) when a similar number of players were signed in similar circumstances. Testing my memory, but I think he brought in Prendergast, Perkins, Muirhead, Alfie and Etuhu, and possibly Richards, and what had previously looked a very dispirited team suddenly sparked into life with, I think, a 5-0 mauling of MK Dons. Followed by a 7-2 mauling of Stockport. Hard to believe it's around ten years ago!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Weaker or stronger? on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 1851 viewsMoonyDale

Weaker or stronger? on 15:18 - Jan 19 by R17ALE

I don't understand why a few on here are concerned at the 5 year deal. It makes sense to me, and Rustler may well be right in that there is a pre-agreed severance pay out should things go tits up.

The 5 year deal protects us however. Would a Barnsley sized club really want to pay up a 5 year deal to lure Hill away?

Nonetheless, I think we're probably a bit stronger now. I'm hoping for a similar bounce to 2007 (?) when a similar number of players were signed in similar circumstances. Testing my memory, but I think he brought in Prendergast, Perkins, Muirhead, Alfie and Etuhu, and possibly Richards, and what had previously looked a very dispirited team suddenly sparked into life with, I think, a 5-0 mauling of MK Dons. Followed by a 7-2 mauling of Stockport. Hard to believe it's around ten years ago!

Holy crap, 10 years since the mauling of Stockport? That makes me feel very bloody old.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weaker or stronger? on 15:25 - Jan 19 with 1848 viewsR17ALE

Weaker or stronger? on 15:22 - Jan 19 by MoonyDale

Holy crap, 10 years since the mauling of Stockport? That makes me feel very bloody old.......

I know. It's frightening.

You were a young man that day at Stockport!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stockport+2+rochdale+7&&view=detail&mid=EE0
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 15:30]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Weaker or stronger? on 15:32 - Jan 19 with 1822 viewsTVOS1907

Even worse - it will be 11 years in March.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:32 - Jan 19 with 1822 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 15:32 - Jan 19 with 1819 viewsTVOS1907

Richards?

He was a Parkin signing two years earlier.

Unless you mean Viv?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:32 - Jan 19 with 1819 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 15:50 - Jan 19 with 1774 viewsMoonyDale

Weaker or stronger? on 15:25 - Jan 19 by R17ALE

I know. It's frightening.

You were a young man that day at Stockport!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stockport+2+rochdale+7&&view=detail&mid=EE0
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 15:30]

Still wonderful to watch, no fear football on a dodgy pitch too. Happy times....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024