Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down 17:26 - Jan 20 with 4985 viewsdingdangblue

After that postponement today, 9 points from safety and probably 12 after next weekend. We aren't going to recover that sort of deficit - jeez we've only won 4 all season and now we'll have to win 4 on the trott to even get close to safety. Not happening. Today was going to be the day with a few new faces to come out fighting and show our intentions of staying up - instead it's the day that has most probably sealed our fate back in the 4th division.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Down on 17:30 - Jan 20 with 4123 viewsJimmyRustler

I called it after the first 30 mins Doncaster away in the league fixture. Mind you, it probably became apparent after the draw at home to Walsall. Sinking without a trace.
Down on 17:38 - Jan 20 with 4072 viewsSuddenLad

Only 20 games to go. Jeez...........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Down on 17:40 - Jan 20 with 4060 viewsLuke8686

Oh well, we've had a good run in league one.
Down on 17:55 - Jan 20 with 3998 viewssurb_dale

Certainly looks grim. Only silver lining is if bury and Oldham come down with us.

Clutching at staws positive is it gives more time to integrate the new signings and maybe do something about the pitch in the hope we can find some sort of decent form later in the season.
Down on 17:57 - Jan 20 with 3977 viewssince58

Down on 17:38 - Jan 20 by SuddenLad

Thank fook.
Down on 17:57 - Jan 20 with 3976 viewsdingdangblue

Down on 17:38 - Jan 20 by SuddenLad

It's not the amount of games though - it's the margin that will kill us. Always playing catch up and every time we go behind or every time we lose again the pressure will build. Next weekend will be even worse when we have no league game again. Has there ever been a more unwanted game than Millwall away?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Down on 18:52 - Jan 20 with 3816 viewsDaleiLama

Down on 17:57 - Jan 20 by dingdangblue

It's not the amount of games though - it's the margin that will kill us. Always playing catch up and every time we go behind or every time we lose again the pressure will build. Next weekend will be even worse when we have no league game again. Has there ever been a more unwanted game than Millwall away?

And with potentially more bad weather on the cards before winter is over and uncertainty surrounding the mudbath, how many of our remaining fixtures are going to end up on Tuesday night?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Down on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 3757 viewskiwidale

Down on 17:30 - Jan 20 by JimmyRustler

I called it after the first 30 mins Doncaster away in the league fixture. Mind you, it probably became apparent after the draw at home to Walsall. Sinking without a trace.

Im trying to remember when I gave up hope. I was was slightly worried going into the Christmas game v Walsall on 23 Dec six days later after 2 losses and a draw all optimism was gone it wasn't just our form that caused concern the teams around us were picking up points Gillingham for example are now 11th and Northampton 18th both were below us going into the Walsall game. My spirits raised a little with the new players coming in although more in hope than expectation fresh faces yes but in my opinion lacking the experience necessary to hit the ground running. It seems now with the pitch debacle coupled with a fixture backlog it would take a miracle to survive. As someone has already pointed out if we win our 3 games in hand we would still be second bottom So yes Ive accepted relegation.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Down on 19:20 - Jan 20 with 3734 views442Dale

That late Walsall equaliser was a killer. As it was in the last relegation season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Down on 20:04 - Jan 20 with 3615 viewsinthenet

We were down as soon as we replaced the quality we let go for crap..

Rastrickblue

Down on 21:20 - Jan 20 with 3477 viewsKenBoon

I don't think we're down yet. Maybe a rush of games might be of use if we somehow get into a bit of form. As bobbins as we are, there's points to be won and we've looked a bit better in recent weeks, even if results haven't improved.
Down on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 3418 viewsDaleiLama

Down on 21:20 - Jan 20 by KenBoon

I don't think we're down yet. Maybe a rush of games might be of use if we somehow get into a bit of form. As bobbins as we are, there's points to be won and we've looked a bit better in recent weeks, even if results haven't improved.

Agree, we're not down 'til we are mathematically eliminated. At present though (with this pitch at fortress COA), staying up looks like a task that even Sisyphus would balk at though.

Down on 21:51 - Jan 20 with 3383 viewssince58

Down on 21:37 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

Agree, we're not down 'til we are mathematically eliminated. At present though (with this pitch at fortress COA), staying up looks like a task that even Sisyphus would balk at though.

Answer that one ken .
Down on 23:16 - Jan 20 with 3196 viewsSaxonDale

Down on 21:37 - Jan 20 by DaleiLama

Agree Dalei.IF our pitch was half decent I'd still back our chances , sides come and go out of form but it's been proven that if you get around the 50 mark you've got a chance at this level. The problem is look at out last few stand out players- Allen, Hogan, NML- who would you back to perform well on our pitch? Regardless of signings we have to sort our pitch out.
Down on 00:07 - Jan 21 with 3105 viewsjoecooke

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Down on 10:57 - Apr 22 with 2287 viewsaleanddale

The general feeling in mid Jan on this thread.

Back then we would have snatched an arm off to be in our position we are in now.

3 games to go - 2 at home.

Come on the Dale!!
Down on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 2265 views442Dale

Down on 10:57 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Back then we would have snatched an arm off to be in our position we are in now.

Come on the Dale!!

Super.

That’s helped.

Down on 11:03 - Apr 22 with 2249 viewsJimmyRustler

aleanddale = the human plunger dragging up old shite. Reminds me of my missus
Down on 11:08 - Apr 22 with 2220 viewsTVOS1907

Down on 10:57 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Come on the Dale!!

2 at home - where our form has been epic.

Ace.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Down on 11:18 - Apr 22 with 2166 viewsDaleiLama

Think it's fair to say this thread scotches any attempt to put ddb in the happy clapper camp too as was mentioned elsewhere.

Down on 11:33 - Apr 22 with 2102 viewsdingdangblue

Down on 11:18 - Apr 22 by DaleiLama

Think it's fair to say this thread scotches any attempt to put ddb in the happy clapper camp too as was mentioned elsewhere.

Wow - don't even remember this! Must have been seriously fed up with all the postponement's. Guess the Millwall game was a massive turning point - was that the 1st game Delaney started in a back 3 with wingbacks? And we did go 12 points adrift. Who would have thought we'd win away at Northampton, Walsall, Rotherham and Peterborough and beat Shrewsbury at home? We have a chance but yesterday still feels like a dagger in the heart. Part of me think it must be destiny now as you can't really explain Done's own goal, Raff ending up taking one of the most important penalties in our history and Josh dropping the ball when he's caught practically everything all season. The worry now is the players mental strength should we get to injury time on Tuesday and winning 1-0? If ever we needed a game where everything goes for us it is now! Sending off for Plymouth, an own goal, and Dale 3-0 up at ht. PLEASE! We can't take anymore.

Down on 12:18 - Apr 22 with 2015 viewsaleanddale

Down on 11:03 - Apr 22 by JimmyRustler

aleanddale = the human plunger dragging up old shite. Reminds me of my missus

2 points.

We should all be pleased how well we have recovered from being cut adrift to having a chance.

The negativity shown by the vast majority on here just cannot help as we go into the final 3 games of the season.

Sorry DDB - I know you are also in the super optimistic camp.

I get the impression some on here are closet buckets just waiting for a chance to spout vitriol and shite.
Down on 12:22 - Apr 22 with 2008 viewsMoonyDale

Down on 12:18 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

2 points.

We should all be pleased how well we have recovered from being cut adrift to having a chance.

The negativity shown by the vast majority on here just cannot help as we go into the final 3 games of the season.

I get the impression some on here are closet buckets just waiting for a chance to spout vitriol and shite.

More like realists I'd say..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Down on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 2004 viewsTVOS1907

2 points.

What people post on here has nothing to do with what happens at subsequent games.

During the second half yesterday, at 1-0 up, the support from the TDS Stand was magnificent for a short spell; I bet you were clapping away loudly to encourage even more singing.

All things considered, the support and backing given to the team at games has been excellent and has in no way contributed to the current position.

While some of the negativity goes over the top at times and can be misplaced (I notice dale23years reappeared yesterday evening, for example), your last sentence is way off the mark.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Down on 12:33 - Apr 22 with 1979 views442Dale

2 points.

“negativity shown by the vast majority”. Absolute nonsense. It’s people being realistic and expressing their disappointment.

Then to apologise to DDB because he’s in the “super optimistic camp” in a thread he started which clearly wasn’t only serves to illustrate that the whole “being positive is better” point is one which is designed to try and score them over others. (And that is no slight on DDB,apologies if it appears so; he was only expressing his opinion at the time too - everyone is entitled to. He didn’t need to be put in any “camp” in the first place)

Some might be overly negative. But the “vast majority” aren’t. Some are just very disappointed at the way the season has gone and say so. It’s a shame that isn’t accepted by others, included those down at Spotland.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 12:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024