Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's needed.... 12:15 - Jan 24 with 1196 viewsboromat

Purely on the beach issues as the off the beach issues are getting a little boring at the moment and hopefully some of the topics will be at least mentioned in the report from the meeting with the Dale Trust.

So here goes.....

Just completed a few very complex mathematical calculations and so far this season we have averaged 0.84 points per game. In order to get to the magic 50 points of hopeful guaranteed safety we need to average 1.4 points a game for the remaining games.

I now have a headache for several reasons the first being the maths the second being the mountain of improvement that's needed in order to reach that magic number. So I went to try and find some reassurance.....

Keith's win % with us is about 43% which would give us about 26 points add a couple of draws in there and we get to the 50 points.

It's only maths but it helps show all is not lost after all. If we have an average Keith Hill half season that should be good enough to stay up. If we have a better than average Keith Hill season we'll be well clear.

Up the Dale

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What's needed.... on 13:03 - Jan 24 with 1090 views100569

The problem is though, we all know that Keith Hill does not do a good second half of the season.
What's needed.... on 13:09 - Jan 24 with 1069 viewsToffeemanc

"If we have an average Keith Hill half season that should be good enough to stay up. If we have a better than average Keith Hill season we'll be well clear. "

The problem with that is we are having "an awful Keith Hill season" which isn't showing any signs of improvement.
The 1.4 points per game required is almost play-off form over a full season and looks very unlikely.
I really do hope you are correct and we somehow manage to stay up just can't realistically see it happening.

For me this season is starting to feel like the "managed relegation" that was mentioned by Hilly and the board at the pre-season fans forum when commenting about what would happen if we ever reached the championship.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024