Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV game 17:13 - Jan 31 with 11536 viewsleedsdale

In the event that we beat Millwall...the 5th round game will be played on the Sunday at 4pm and shown on BBC1
TV game on 17:21 - Jan 31 with 7052 viewsTVOS1907

...which in turn will probably push the MK Dons game back 24 hours.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

TV game on 17:54 - Jan 31 with 6941 viewsboromat

TV game on 17:21 - Jan 31 by TVOS1907

...which in turn will probably push the MK Dons game back 24 hours.

It could all get very complicated!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

TV game on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 6877 viewssykeboy

Fingers crossed for Dale v Newport
TV game on 18:09 - Jan 31 with 6863 viewsdalenumber2

TV game on 18:06 - Jan 31 by sykeboy

Fingers crossed for Dale v Newport

Fantastic news for me as I'm away that weekend but will be back by Sunday afternoon. If it is Dale v Newport the BBC will be kicking themselves !
TV game on 18:29 - Jan 31 with 6767 viewsdingdangblue

£247,500 live tv payment! + a potential 1st full house at the modern Stadium.
If we don't get through that 90th min equaliser will be very costly!

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/fa-cup-prize-money/
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 18:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

TV game on 18:36 - Jan 31 with 6720 views442Dale

TV game on 18:29 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

£247,500 live tv payment! + a potential 1st full house at the modern Stadium.
If we don't get through that 90th min equaliser will be very costly!

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/fa-cup-prize-money/
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 18:31]

If they hadn't scored that equaliser we might have got Coventry away.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

TV game on 18:40 - Jan 31 with 6696 viewsdingdangblue

TV game on 18:36 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

If they hadn't scored that equaliser we might have got Coventry away.

How?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

TV game on 18:47 - Jan 31 with 6656 views442Dale

TV game on 18:40 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

How?

Because one thing happening doesn't automatically mean something else will. A victory at the Den and Spurs may never have equalised at Newport, or Coventry could have come out after Rochdale.

Chaos theory. It's impossible to be certain that letting in that goal will end up costing us a tv game against Tottenham. That said, we might well have still drawn Tottenham or Newport if we'd won, that's the point: we just don't know.

What we can be sure of is that if we lose the replay and Spurs win theirs we will have missed out on all that money, because that has now been established as a future fact.

Login to get fewer ads

TV game on 18:50 - Jan 31 with 6623 viewsD_Alien

TV game on 18:47 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

Because one thing happening doesn't automatically mean something else will. A victory at the Den and Spurs may never have equalised at Newport, or Coventry could have come out after Rochdale.

Chaos theory. It's impossible to be certain that letting in that goal will end up costing us a tv game against Tottenham. That said, we might well have still drawn Tottenham or Newport if we'd won, that's the point: we just don't know.

What we can be sure of is that if we lose the replay and Spurs win theirs we will have missed out on all that money, because that has now been established as a future fact.

I once spent several hours debating whether there could be such a thing as a future fact when I was a student, but yep, it's established now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TV game on 18:50 - Jan 31 with 6622 viewsdingdangblue

TV game on 18:47 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

But the winners of our game were always number 9 and the winners of Newport v Spurs were 14? That's determined before a ball is kicked.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 21:34]

TV game on 18:54 - Jan 31 with 6598 views442Dale

TV game on 18:50 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

But the winners of our game were always number 9 and the winners of Newport v Spurs were 14? That's determined before a ball is kicked.

But the draw occurred after those games. It might have happened, it might not. Everything affects everything else.

It's like when people blame Paul Williams for missing a sitter v York who then drew Man Utd in the next round of the League Cup, if he'd scored we might have drawn Southampton. We KNOW that losing to Millwall will cost us a tv game now, on Saturday it cost us a certain place in the next round.

Ian Malcolm, I knew you'd come...

[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 18:55]

TV game on 19:11 - Jan 31 with 6506 viewsdingdangblue

TV game on 18:54 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

But the draw occurred after those games. It might have happened, it might not. Everything affects everything else.

It's like when people blame Paul Williams for missing a sitter v York who then drew Man Utd in the next round of the League Cup, if he'd scored we might have drawn Southampton. We KNOW that losing to Millwall will cost us a tv game now, on Saturday it cost us a certain place in the next round.

Ian Malcolm, I knew you'd come...

[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 18:55]

Well I don't agree with that: 9 v 14 would have occurred whatever the scores in any of the games, just like all the other numbers that came out on this occasion. If Millwall hadn't equalised it still would have been 9 v 14.

TV game on 19:13 - Jan 31 with 6476 viewsdalenumber2

TV game on 19:11 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

Well I don't agree with that: 9 v 14 would have occurred whatever the scores in any of the games, just like all the other numbers that came out on this occasion. If Millwall hadn't equalised it still would have been 9 v 14.

I'm with you on this DDB
TV game on 19:13 - Jan 31 with 6469 views442Dale

TV game on 19:11 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

It's not whether we agree or disagree, it's all about known future facts and chaos theory. Both exist.

There is absolutely no way to be certain it would have been 9 v 15, nor is it certain to say it wouldn't have been.

TV game on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 6390 viewsdingdangblue

TV game on 19:13 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

It's not whether we agree or disagree, it's all about known future facts and chaos theory. Both exist.

There is absolutely no way to be certain it would have been 9 v 15, nor is it certain to say it wouldn't have been.

But it did happen so that will do me.

TV game on 19:29 - Jan 31 with 6395 viewsmoth5368

I’m with 442 on this one.
TV game on 21:24 - Jan 31 with 6219 viewsnordenblue

TV game on 19:29 - Jan 31 by moth5368

I’m with 442 on this one.

And I just think you're both fooking bonkers.....🤓
TV game on 23:13 - Jan 31 with 6082 viewsdingdangblue

If by some miracle we get through to face Spurs..........
Bearing in mind we will get record gate receipts for a sold out game, £250k from BBC, £90k for beating Millwall.........should we
1. Leave the pitch as it is and just do the drill & fill but have an awful playing surface - it will look awful on tv but may give us a better chance of upsetting Spurs.
2. Rip up the pitch straight after the Fleetwood game and spend part of the windfall putting down similar turf as last year so at least we don't look shit on tv 8 days later - We can still do the planned fibresand re lay in the summer.

TV game on 13:37 - Feb 1 with 5852 viewssweetcorn

TV game on 18:09 - Jan 31 by dalenumber2

Fantastic news for me as I'm away that weekend but will be back by Sunday afternoon. If it is Dale v Newport the BBC will be kicking themselves !

They'll be kicking themselves even more when the games called off and they've got danny murphy and ian wright stood on the spotland swamp apologising to the viewers.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

TV game on 18:41 - Feb 1 with 5625 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Your correct 442 in my opinion. Tiny things lead to huge changes in overall life. Had we won the Millwall fans would not have been in the crowd, could have made draw a second earlier or later, that pause alone would change the draw.

Reading this post in theory changes your life.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

TV game on 18:43 - Feb 1 with 5620 views442Dale

TV game on 18:41 - Feb 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Your correct 442 in my opinion. Tiny things lead to huge changes in overall life. Had we won the Millwall fans would not have been in the crowd, could have made draw a second earlier or later, that pause alone would change the draw.

Reading this post in theory changes your life.

Exactly.

Happy to help.

TV game on 19:04 - Feb 1 with 5593 viewsoff2div1

TV game on 23:13 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

Bearing in mind we will get record gate receipts for a sold out game, £250k from BBC, £90k for beating Millwall.........should we
1. Leave the pitch as it is and just do the drill & fill but have an awful playing surface - it will look awful on tv but may give us a better chance of upsetting Spurs.
2. Rip up the pitch straight after the Fleetwood game and spend part of the windfall putting down similar turf as last year so at least we don't look shit on tv 8 days later - We can still do the planned fibresand re lay in the summer.

Remember when sky covered the pitch so game could go ahead.Do you think BBC will pay for our pitch to be re-laid
TV game on 19:12 - Feb 1 with 5574 viewsboromat

TV game on 23:13 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

I don't think it'd be worth it. Don't forget last season when we relayed it the first couple of matches it played really badly. I also think we had a lot longer than 8 days to do it wasn't it something more like 15 days.

So we're stuck with it I think the club are probably doing the right thing. And hopefully from the summer onwards we can stop talking about the pitch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

TV game on 20:53 - Feb 1 with 5475 viewsdingdangblue

TV game on 19:12 - Feb 1 by boromat

I don't think it'd be worth it. Don't forget last season when we relayed it the first couple of matches it played really badly. I also think we had a lot longer than 8 days to do it wasn't it something more like 15 days.

So we're stuck with it I think the club are probably doing the right thing. And hopefully from the summer onwards we can stop talking about the pitch.

Yes it's just a shame if we get through - the one time we get a superb draw, and live to the nation on BBC and all everyone is going to be talking about is how shit our pitch is. 😢

TV game on 20:55 - Feb 1 with 5470 views442Dale

TV game on 20:53 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

Yes it's just a shame if we get through - the one time we get a superb draw, and live to the nation on BBC and all everyone is going to be talking about is how shit our pitch is. 😢

Chaos theory may see that situation avoided.

Have faith.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024