Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we turned a corner? 08:57 - Feb 7 with 3381 viewsDaleiLama

Without wishing to tempt fate, that's three good performances on the bounce. Let's hope we've got the monkey off our back now and we can go back to playing how we have in recent years. The number of players looking to play the ball forward last night was so refreshing, instead of what we have seen too much of this season - the square ball or a back pass. Not only are we more likely to get results and points doing this, it's better to watch too. More please and I'm sure Keith will hear more singing!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/hill_postmillwall_06.02.18/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Have we turned a corner? on 09:16 - Feb 7 with 3342 viewspaulscho

Interesting to now see when the Oldham game will be played,could have a massive impact if its played Mid/Late April.

livinginadalewonderland

Have we turned a corner? on 09:42 - Feb 7 with 3280 viewsDaleFan7

I think we have in our play, yes. I think it's going to come down to, is it going to be too late and what happens with the pitch. At the moment we're 4 games behind some teams and it'll be 5 after the next round of the cup. It's going to be a lot of football in a short space of time.

Hopefully we're fit enough to deal with it.
Have we turned a corner? on 09:53 - Feb 7 with 3235 viewsdingdangblue

Certainly that formation and performance last night is a massive boost - we now know what we are capable of and obviously the Fleetwood game is now huge because we could potentially go bottom of the table on Saturday! 😮
McGahey,McNulty,Delaney looked a very solid back 3 last night so I can't see that changing. Raff and Done were superb both defensively and attacking. The middle 3 of Camps,Cannon and Kitching were a revelation and Hendo and Andrew were fantastic. Replicating that performance week in week out will be the issue - especially on that pitch and with 2 games a week.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 10:45]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Have we turned a corner? on 10:05 - Feb 7 with 3213 viewsRAFCBLUE

I think there has been "no fear" in the last few performances.

Even Hill's quotes are getting back to something of their nostalgic best.

The blind donkey this morning is in the stable, enjoying last night's carrot and wanting more carrots!

Long may that continue.

Fitness, injury, fixture backlog and the pitch all have their part to play but the building of positive momentum is only ever helpful.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Have we turned a corner? on 10:18 - Feb 7 with 3167 viewsToffeemanc

Having already resigned myself to the fact that we will be relegated I have to say I left the ground last night with optimism that we may just have enough to still stay up after that performance.
It seems a long time ago that we turned in a team performance like that, the type we have been used to seeing Keith Hill teams provide on a regular basis in recent years. For me the biggest change on the pitch is that the team have suddenly begun to operate as a cohesive unit and started to show some real fight and intensity in recent games, something that has sadly been missing most of this season.

I just hope we can keep up a similar level of performance for the rest of the season and give ourselves a fighting chance of beating the drop.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Have we turned a corner? on 20:21 - Feb 7 with 2928 viewsDale23years

Have we turned a corner? on 10:18 - Feb 7 by Toffeemanc

Having already resigned myself to the fact that we will be relegated I have to say I left the ground last night with optimism that we may just have enough to still stay up after that performance.
It seems a long time ago that we turned in a team performance like that, the type we have been used to seeing Keith Hill teams provide on a regular basis in recent years. For me the biggest change on the pitch is that the team have suddenly begun to operate as a cohesive unit and started to show some real fight and intensity in recent games, something that has sadly been missing most of this season.

I just hope we can keep up a similar level of performance for the rest of the season and give ourselves a fighting chance of beating the drop.

The last 3 games we seen the old Rochdale/Keith Hill.
If we carry on playing like this WE WILL STAY UP.
I'd be first to hold my hands up are apologise if that happens

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Have we turned a corner? on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 2904 views100notout

Have we turned a corner? on 20:21 - Feb 7 by Dale23years

Agreed and well done D23 for a bit of positivity. I knew you could do it

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Have we turned a corner? on 20:27 - Feb 7 with 2893 viewsDaleiLama

Fair play

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Have we turned a corner? on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 2822 viewsBartRowou

Don't forget we have half a team of Deadline people who couldn't play last night. A bit of shape-shifting here and there will help with fatigue.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Have we turned a corner? on 21:19 - Feb 7 with 2692 viewskiwidale

yes we have turned a corner and I would love to eat humble pie
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 21:19]

This is not the time for bickering.

Have we turned a corner? on 23:41 - Feb 7 with 2535 viewsD_Dale

"McGahey, McNulty,Delaney looked a very solid back 3 last night so I can't see that changing"

Yet Hilly was very enthusiastic about having signed Scott Wiseman ...
Have we turned a corner? on 23:43 - Feb 7 with 2530 viewsShun

Have we turned a corner? on 20:40 - Feb 7 by BartRowou

Don't forget we have half a team of Deadline people who couldn't play last night. A bit of shape-shifting here and there will help with fatigue.

Yep, good point. And while they won't be able to play against Spurs they'll certainly be needed in the coming weeks. I can see Knott and Humphrys fitting in well, but I'm not sure where Dobre would play in this formation.
Have we turned a corner? on 23:45 - Feb 7 with 2525 viewsdingdangblue

Have we turned a corner? on 23:43 - Feb 7 by Shun

Yep, good point. And while they won't be able to play against Spurs they'll certainly be needed in the coming weeks. I can see Knott and Humphrys fitting in well, but I'm not sure where Dobre would play in this formation.

Humphrys is available against Spurs. All the others are Cup tied.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024