Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game off!! 10:53 - Feb 10 with 7461 viewsdale4ever

Game off.
Game off!! on 11:02 - Feb 10 with 5389 viewsLaveritty

This is getting ridiculous and embarrassing now! WTF is going on with this pitch? Wonder how long it'll take before anybody with any seniority at the club will come out and explain why we are being made to look like an amateurish Sunday league club with the inability to get two consecutive games on in a week?

Why put out a tweet like this:

PITCH | There are currently no concerns over the pitch for tomorrow’s League One fixture v Fleetwood Town. There is no pitch inspection planned and it is very much game on. Should this change, we will, of course, update supporters via our various channels #RAFC

It simply makes the whole situation even more farcical! Think we can forget any chance of the Spurs game being played on this pitch!!!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 11:07]

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Game off!! on 11:07 - Feb 10 with 5295 viewsrochdale_ranger

Tried ringing the club now before I set off (Im not on tvvatter) no one is picking up. Thanks for confirming.
Game off!! on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 5255 viewsjudd

Game off!! on 11:07 - Feb 10 by rochdale_ranger

Tried ringing the club now before I set off (Im not on tvvatter) no one is picking up. Thanks for confirming.

That's because they are busy ringing out. Or wringing out more like...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Game off!! on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 5223 viewspaulscho

Never stops raining I'm afraid....I think a few of you might be missing that

livinginadalewonderland

Game off!! on 11:12 - Feb 10 with 5188 viewsDaleFan7

Game off!! on 11:11 - Feb 10 by paulscho

Never stops raining I'm afraid....I think a few of you might be missing that

The club seem to miss that. A properly covered pitch wouldn't be waterlogged.
Game off!! on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 5173 viewsscarrow

Why wasn't the pitch covered?
Why wasn't the dome put up?
Poor - gives the prime donnas from the premier league more ammunition

Poll: Final position

Game off!! on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 5173 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wonder if Russ will be going on talksport defending us against a charge of additional tinpottery

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Game off!! on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 5105 viewsDaleiLama

Game off!! on 11:13 - Feb 10 by rochdaleriddler

Wonder if Russ will be going on talksport defending us against a charge of additional tinpottery

After he's finished his porridge?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Game off!! on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 5105 viewsDalenet

Game off!! on 11:13 - Feb 10 by rochdaleriddler

He'll be too busy reading his P45
Game off!! on 11:21 - Feb 10 with 5035 views49thseason

So have they started to rip this pitch up and get the new one down yet?
Game off!! on 11:23 - Feb 10 with 4985 viewsdingdangblue

I've got your mobile number Russ !

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Game off!! on 11:31 - Feb 10 with 4884 viewsfitzochris

A massive issue for the club to deal with now.

- A lot of people will be spending a lot of money and time preparing to attend next Sunday’s game.
- A lot of businesses and associated marketeers will be spending a lot of money based on Sunday’s game.
- The world’s media will be focusing on our club in the coming days ahead of next Sunday’s game.

The club has already committed PR suicide over the pitch but could go into negative equity in this department in the coming days unless it really books its ideas up.

The club has to communicate with fans, businesses and the media alike as to how it will ensure Sunday’s game goes ahead barring a natural disaster.

It also needs to communicate with fans as to how today’s postponement came about, especially given the jubilant ‘game on’ tweet this morning.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Game off!! on 11:33 - Feb 10 with 4849 viewsLaveritty

If by some miracle we do manage to play the Spurs game next week, and by some even bigger miracle get a draw or a win, it is quite probable we will end up playing 3 games a week (Sat/Tue/Thur?) towards the end of the season. Think our relegation is pretty much nailed on after today's embarrassing chain of events. Oh by the way, if you thought today couldn't get any worse - we could well be rock bottom of the table by 5 o'clock this afternoon (albeit with about 10 games in hand)!!!

Game off!! on 11:37 - Feb 10 with 4805 viewsDaleiLama

Game off!! on 11:31 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

- A lot of people will be spending a lot of money and time preparing to attend next Sunday’s game.
- A lot of businesses and associated marketeers will be spending a lot of money based on Sunday’s game.
- The world’s media will be focusing on our club in the coming days ahead of next Sunday’s game.

The club has already committed PR suicide over the pitch but could go into negative equity in this department in the coming days unless it really books its ideas up.

The club has to communicate with fans, businesses and the media alike as to how it will ensure Sunday’s game goes ahead barring a natural disaster.

It also needs to communicate with fans as to how today’s postponement came about, especially given the jubilant ‘game on’ tweet this morning.

Agree with everything you say about communication, but the bigger concern to me is why many of the fanbase can see these car crashes coming, but the club can't or don't do anything in terms of prevention. It's better than a cure.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game off!! on 11:37 - Feb 10 with 4795 viewsBlueDales

Can we get on the phone to Mr Levy about a new pitch? The one we have now will relegate us.
Game off!! on 11:38 - Feb 10 with 4772 viewsfitzochris

Game off!! on 11:37 - Feb 10 by DaleiLama

Agree with everything you say about communication, but the bigger concern to me is why many of the fanbase can see these car crashes coming, but the club can't or don't do anything in terms of prevention. It's better than a cure.

Absolutely. Maybe they do see these things coming but their hands are tied in some way? Due to poor communication, all we can do is guess and surmise.

Game off!! on 11:42 - Feb 10 with 4684 viewsdingdangblue

Game off!! on 11:38 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

Absolutely. Maybe they do see these things coming but their hands are tied in some way? Due to poor communication, all we can do is guess and surmise.

They told us we were getting expert advice and top pitch support with help from the FA.
Unless FA stands for something else?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Game off!! on 11:44 - Feb 10 with 4640 viewsfitzochris

Game off!! on 11:42 - Feb 10 by dingdangblue

They told us we were getting expert advice and top pitch support with help from the FA.
Unless FA stands for something else?

Hah.

Game off!! on 11:45 - Feb 10 with 4621 viewsDaleFan7

Game off!! on 11:38 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

They didn't see this weather coming tweeting that there's no concern about the pitch 24 hours ago when everyone with half a brain cell could see this coming.
Game off!! on 11:46 - Feb 10 with 4606 viewsNorthernDale

Have we become a national joke thanks to the pitch and the boards failure to deal with the issue, due to their nature ability to penny pinch. It as been obvious for weeks that the pitch needed seeing to, but no the board carried on with the fiasco of getting games called off.

Why did they not speak to Fleetwood and the FL on Wednesday and ask for the game to postponed this weekend to allow them to lay a new pitch, but no allowed the chaos to continue, and even worse then sent the covers they were using back and used some that were leaking according to other posts. Honestly you could not make it up, if your tried.

I will be amazed if the game is on next Sunday if it rains with 20 miles of Rochdale, especially if they do not put a new pitch down and I am also worried that we will be forced to move the game to some where else and so ruin the day for Dale fans who have dreamed of getting a big side to Spotland. The club and directors should be ashamed of themselves, they give the impression of not being able of running a p*ss up in a brewery.
Game off!! on 11:46 - Feb 10 with 4602 viewsfitzochris

Game off!! on 11:45 - Feb 10 by DaleFan7

They didn't see this weather coming tweeting that there's no concern about the pitch 24 hours ago when everyone with half a brain cell could see this coming.

Yes. As I say, they need to communicate why they did that to the supporters.

Game off!! on 11:50 - Feb 10 with 4550 viewsLaveritty

Anybody know whether the ticket office is remaining open this afternoon for the sale of Spurs tickets? Was planning to go up and get mine just in case by some miracle the club manage to get the pitch sorted/relaid and the game goes ahead!

Game off!! on 11:51 - Feb 10 with 4533 viewsBlueDales

Game off!! on 11:46 - Feb 10 by NorthernDale

Have we become a national joke thanks to the pitch and the boards failure to deal with the issue, due to their nature ability to penny pinch. It as been obvious for weeks that the pitch needed seeing to, but no the board carried on with the fiasco of getting games called off.

Why did they not speak to Fleetwood and the FL on Wednesday and ask for the game to postponed this weekend to allow them to lay a new pitch, but no allowed the chaos to continue, and even worse then sent the covers they were using back and used some that were leaking according to other posts. Honestly you could not make it up, if your tried.

I will be amazed if the game is on next Sunday if it rains with 20 miles of Rochdale, especially if they do not put a new pitch down and I am also worried that we will be forced to move the game to some where else and so ruin the day for Dale fans who have dreamed of getting a big side to Spotland. The club and directors should be ashamed of themselves, they give the impression of not being able of running a p*ss up in a brewery.

Hear hear
Game off!! on 11:54 - Feb 10 with 4476 viewsdingdangblue

Game off!! on 11:46 - Feb 10 by NorthernDale

The leaking covers was a joke.
It's not been covered since Tuesday.

Game off!! on 11:55 - Feb 10 with 4444 viewsbatman

Game off!! on 11:31 - Feb 10 by fitzochris

The club has needed strong positive leadership over the last
Few weeks and I’m afraid that for all his good points CD isn’t
the man for that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024