Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide 00:17 - Feb 11 with 21836 viewsDaley_Lama

Hi All (Dale Fans)

As we all know, there will be approximately 3500 Tottenham Hotspur fans making their way from Wembley up to Rochdale next Saturday.

As most of us know, the tradition of RAFC and Rochdale fans is to be as welcoming, helpful and charming as possibly possible.

I think it is important that we therefore have a thread that follows this long held belief. So here it is.

Please post tips and advice as best as you can

Poll: DF in or out

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:02 - Feb 13 with 2765 viewshammerdale

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 21:29 - Feb 12 by soulboy

Tip 15000, When you hear the stadium announcer bawl out ( usually as the team is running out for the start of the 2nd half) "Rochdale Football Club" only the team will run out, not the directors, office staff, scouts, reserve team players and staff, etc. It does my head in every time i hear it!

Oh how I agree with that Soulboy, . Does my head in too
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:09 - Feb 13 with 2740 viewsjudd

Has someone really reported Lama's OP as abuse?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:12 - Feb 13 with 2733 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:09 - Feb 13 by judd

Someone thought it said 'Dele Fans'
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:14 - Feb 13 with 2726 viewshammerdale

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:12 - Feb 13 by UnmoderatedCF

They must be dyslexic
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:27 - Feb 13 with 2693 viewsdeeplishblue

When trying to locate the stadium don't be tempted to "follow the crowd" - you may end up in Tesco.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:39 - Feb 13 with 2664 viewsjudd

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:12 - Feb 13 by UnmoderatedCF

What does he fan?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 2656 viewsDaley_Lama

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:09 - Feb 13 by judd

I’m wondering whether someone took offence at me saying that only ‘most’ dale know how to be charming.

That’s me, i’m cutting edge i am, say it as it is, plain talking Lama.

Poll: DF in or out

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:47 - Feb 13 with 2643 viewsjudd

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 13:43 - Feb 13 by Daley_Lama

I’m wondering whether someone took offence at me saying that only ‘most’ dale know how to be charming.

That’s me, i’m cutting edge i am, say it as it is, plain talking Lama.

Fook off you saffron clad buffoon.

Belly was asking how you were the other day. I said we'd see him next season.

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 2491 viewsR17ALE

Tip #2647

Tottenham fans.

Experience what it's like to be a lower league fan by travelling the length of the country to see your team drubbed 3-0 by some nobodies with the inevitable sacking of your Manager on Monday morning.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 15:36 - Feb 14 with 2276 viewsDaleiLama

If you happen to ask a local how they are and they reply "fair to Middleton", they are not asking you the price of a journey on a charabanc to a suburb of Manchester, they are replying "not baaaaaad me old muckah"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 20:33 - Feb 15 with 2025 viewsRochdale_Cowboy

Tip 18022018

It is customary for visiting fans to sing our club anthem during the match. It is particularly germane to this game as Spurs are featured in the lyrics.

ROCHDALE COWBOY

Never before in the history of mankind has the story been told of those brave frontiersmen who carved out a passage in the Northwest and made it a place fit for heroes to live in.
This is the story of one such man, sausage tosser extraordinaire, his name — Fred Ackroyd.

CHORUS:
It’s hard being a cowboy in Rochdale.
Spurs don’t fit right on me clogs.
Yee-haa
Hard being a cowboy in Rochdale,
Cos people laugh when I ride past on our Alsatian dog.

Almost every night
There’s a tripe and cowheel fight
In our local pie and pea saloon,
And poor old Uncle Fred
He spent 18 months in bed
Cos he tried to kiss a girl who’s a boy called Sue.

CHORUS

When the sun shines in the west,
That’s the time that I like best,
And I go out punching cows with me brother Jack
And poor old Uncle Fred,
Cos he punched one cow and she went and punched him back.

CHORUS

In the local Temperance bar,
We’d go and have a jar.
There’s sarsaparilla and liquorice juice to drink
And poor old Uncle Fred,
Cos he supped the stuff they use to clean the sink.

CHORUS

Yer know when us cowpokes hits town,
We go and horse around
With them good-time girls in the house of Mucky Peg.
When Auntie Kitty found Uncle Fred,
Cos you can’t run fast with your pants halfway down your legs.

CHORUS

It’s hard being a cowboy in Rochdale.
Spurs don’t fit right on me clogs.
Hard being a cowboy in Rochdale,
Cos people laugh when I ride past on our Alsatian dog.
Welcome to Rochdale: Travelling Tottenham Hotspur Fans Guide on 07:08 - Feb 16 with 1802 viewsfitzochris

Top Tip: Easily spot the difference between regular Dale supporters and daytrippers by craftily selling crass half-and-half scarves at the club shop.

Bonus point for spotting any Wembley paraphernalia.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024