Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday 21:47 - Feb 12 with 5082 viewsInPeace

Quick question or two. It looks like there are no trains from Manchester Victoria to Rochdale on Sunday. Firstly is that correct? I'm just basing that on trainline saying I need to get a bus.

Probably going to jump in a cab instead of a bus, so any estimates on how much a cab should be from the Manchester Victoria area to Rochdale before the game? Doesn't look too far so hoping it's reasonable?

Also would really appreciate if anyone could let me know where should be best to find cabs after the game, to get back into Manchester?

Cheers!
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:50 - Feb 12 with 5063 viewsClivert

£25-£30 for a taxi from the city centre to Rochdale.

I think it’s the Chinese New Year parade in Manchester on Sunday so that may well cause road closures.

Edit - That estimate was based on Rochdale taxis and not Manchester taxis, could well be a fiver or so dearer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:53]
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:51 - Feb 12 with 5044 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Metrolink available from Manchester to Rochdale Train Station Or Town Centre, takes about 50 mins , couple of quid.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:52 - Feb 12 with 5037 viewsR17ALE

If you're coming into Piccadilly you might as well jump on the Metrolink tram, which takes an hour, but will drop you right in the heart of our town centre next to Wetherspoons. It's a lot cheaper and a cab will take 45 minutes in any case.

And, as Metrolink goes through the heart of Oldham, you'll find Rochdale a far more pleasant place for the experience!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:54 - Feb 12 with 5026 viewsrochedale

There’s a train at 1250 from Man Vic, costing just over a fiver, no need for a taxi. Similar for returns, plenty of trains on.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:54 - Feb 12 with 5018 viewsYorkshire_Dale

There's a taxi company based at the old cotton mill at Spotland Bridge (just down the path from St Clements Church).......you ring from an intercom on the wall,

Think it's Bamford Taxis ,,,,decent rates.
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 22:27 - Feb 12 with 4903 viewsmeeee

If your going the taxi route United Millennium & Bamford Cars do £17.50 from anywhere in Manchester City Centre to Rochdale. I've used numerous taxi companies from Manchester to Rochdale and this is the cheapest one I've found
https://www.yell.com/biz/united-millennium-and-bamford-cars-rochdale-8038326/
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 22:32 - Feb 12 with 4870 viewsrochdaleriddler

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:54 - Feb 12 by rochedale

There’s a train at 1250 from Man Vic, costing just over a fiver, no need for a taxi. Similar for returns, plenty of trains on.

There aren't trains it's a rail replacement bus all day

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:02 - Feb 12 with 4785 viewsBendy

The other option is get a tram to bury interchange as it’s quicker than going to Rochdale, then from there get the bus (there are a couple that stop outside the ground). Or get a taxi from bury. There’s probably less traffic going to be heading to the stadium from that direction. Overall it will probably take about the same length of time as tram to Rochdale then taxi/bus from there.
Login to get fewer ads

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:08 - Feb 12 with 4769 viewsInPeace

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 21:52 - Feb 12 by R17ALE

If you're coming into Piccadilly you might as well jump on the Metrolink tram, which takes an hour, but will drop you right in the heart of our town centre next to Wetherspoons. It's a lot cheaper and a cab will take 45 minutes in any case.

And, as Metrolink goes through the heart of Oldham, you'll find Rochdale a far more pleasant place for the experience!

Thanks for the responses, the tram sounds like the best option. Although I'll already be up in Manchester on Saturday night, so won't be going via Piccadilly on the Sunday. One tram from Victoria to Rochdale looks good. Better option than a cab!
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:18 - Feb 12 with 4740 viewsLS27Rdale

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:08 - Feb 12 by InPeace

Thanks for the responses, the tram sounds like the best option. Although I'll already be up in Manchester on Saturday night, so won't be going via Piccadilly on the Sunday. One tram from Victoria to Rochdale looks good. Better option than a cab!

Be aware, there are no toilets on the metro.....So if you have had a few sherberts,,,
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:19 - Feb 12 with 4737 viewsTVOS1907

You don't even have to catch it from Victoria; I think the Market Street stop, across from the National Football Museum, is for Rochdale, but someone who uses it quite often may be able to advise better.

Bendy's bury route is another good option.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:34 - Feb 12 with 4722 viewsrochedale

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 22:32 - Feb 12 by rochdaleriddler

There aren't trains it's a rail replacement bus all day

You are indeed correct, my apologies.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:36 - Feb 12 with 4715 viewsbig_dave

Aye there are bus replacements on Sunday.
You'd be better off getting the tram if you're coming from manchester. Think it's about a fiver return and this would take you into the town centre where you'll find a few decent pubs...
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 23:38]
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:55 - Feb 12 with 4671 viewsSandyman

Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 23:02 - Feb 12 by Bendy

The other option is get a tram to bury interchange as it’s quicker than going to Rochdale, then from there get the bus (there are a couple that stop outside the ground). Or get a taxi from bury. There’s probably less traffic going to be heading to the stadium from that direction. Overall it will probably take about the same length of time as tram to Rochdale then taxi/bus from there.

Off peak return on tram from Manc to Dale will cost you a mere £4.60 on Sunday.

http://www.rossobus.com/service.shtml?serviceid=3906

468 from Rochdale and bury both stop outside Spotland. Only runs once an hour either way on Sunday. 467 goes near, about 5 minutes walk away (Spotland Bridge)
Metrolink to Rochdale town centre, a few scoops in Wetherspoons and a taxi to the ground (they'll be waiting outside the Regal Moon) and you're sorted.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 23:58]
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 06:21 - Feb 13 with 4462 viewsNorthernDale

The Trams in Manchester for Rochdale are

1. St Peters Square
2. Exchange

If you get on at Market Street, you will have to change at Victoria, it is sometimes easier walking.

PS there are 2 trams via Oldham, one stops at Shaw and you will have to cross (at the crossing point) and catch the one to Rochdale, and the other goes straight through to Rochdale.

The Bury route may not work as I think they are working on the metro at weekend and there are replacement buses from Victoria.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 6:25]
Manchester to Rochdale trains on Sunday on 09:44 - Feb 13 with 4185 viewsrochdaleriddler

If you get the rail replacement bus it only takes 30 mins

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024