Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So proud 17:54 - Feb 18 with 11867 views1mark1

What a brilliant performance. Magnificent personal and team performances. Brilliant game, looked great on Tele. Soooooooo proud

Up ThE Dale

👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️🍺🍺🍺

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

So proud on 02:56 - Feb 19 with 3379 viewsrochdalefan9

Brilliant performance from everyone.
I was hoping to choose my new favourite player tonight but you all did so well ...............hugs.

Wonder how Bunney is feeling now?

Missing fans ....see what you have been missing all these years under Keith Hill. Please come back.

We can stay up now !
So proud on 04:37 - Feb 19 with 3344 viewsCanaDale

I am so happy for all the fans who have suffered this season, with poor results and performances, to get a chance to go to Wembley, and for my friends and family I hope you really enjoy it! UTD
So proud on 07:15 - Feb 19 with 3298 viewssweetcorn

I dont think ive ever celebrated a goal like i celebrated that equaliser, pure ecstasy from everyone..

I dont want to sound greedy, but we deserved more from that game.. we’ve got a replay at wembley which tbh is worth more than what getting through was financially..

Cannon has always had the potential to be a great midfielder and yesterday/today (ive not gone bed yet) he showed just what he’s capable of.

Every rochdale player dug in and i just hope we give a good account of ourselves again at wembley.

Dele alli went down quicker than that brass did on him, i know mcgaheys leg was there, but that was disgraceful, he’s turning into the pantomine villian of the premier league more and more with every passing week..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

So proud on 08:10 - Feb 19 with 3252 viewsColDale

Few thoughts on yesterday

* Yesterday was everything that was right about this football club. Historically, it was always the fear that on the big occasion, we wouldn't turn up. But from start to finish we got everything right on and off the field. Yes we had the big boys in town, but it was all about Dale and like so many others, I feel nothing but pride (and a hangover) this morning.

* Andy Cannon was magnificent. I actually thought earlier in the season that his Dale career was gone, when he was given a run in the side after Jamie Allen's departure and didn't produce. But since Donny away in the league, he's been absolutely crucial to everything that we've done.

* I don't believe any of this about day trippers. From what I could see, it was regulars all over the place. We might only average 2,500 home fans, but we may well have as many 10,000 different home fans would watch Dale over the course of a season, and understandably yesterday was the game that they all wanted to be at.

* We defended like dogs at times. Its probably something thats been missing from our game this season but it was noticeable that when Spurs got the ball in our box, we got bodies back on the line time after time. If we can do that against Spurs, we can do it against MK Dons.

* What a difference the game being on BBC made. I'm sure I'm not alone in having my phone going mental at the end of the game with messages from colleagues and friends who ordinarily wouldn't even know how our result.

* There seemed to be a huge amount of snobbery after the game with the media almost suggesting that our players would prefer to have a replay than win the game

* The Sandy seemed full to the brim. The yellow lines which are meant to be kept clear were almost non existent, and I've no idea where they'd have put people if they managed to keep the lines clear

* I did enjoy Harry Kane coming on with the crowd chanting "Orient reject" at him.

* I'm glad I'm not working today :-)
So proud on 08:22 - Feb 19 with 3204 viewsBartRowou

So proud on 08:10 - Feb 19 by ColDale

Few thoughts on yesterday

* Yesterday was everything that was right about this football club. Historically, it was always the fear that on the big occasion, we wouldn't turn up. But from start to finish we got everything right on and off the field. Yes we had the big boys in town, but it was all about Dale and like so many others, I feel nothing but pride (and a hangover) this morning.

* Andy Cannon was magnificent. I actually thought earlier in the season that his Dale career was gone, when he was given a run in the side after Jamie Allen's departure and didn't produce. But since Donny away in the league, he's been absolutely crucial to everything that we've done.

* I don't believe any of this about day trippers. From what I could see, it was regulars all over the place. We might only average 2,500 home fans, but we may well have as many 10,000 different home fans would watch Dale over the course of a season, and understandably yesterday was the game that they all wanted to be at.

* We defended like dogs at times. Its probably something thats been missing from our game this season but it was noticeable that when Spurs got the ball in our box, we got bodies back on the line time after time. If we can do that against Spurs, we can do it against MK Dons.

* What a difference the game being on BBC made. I'm sure I'm not alone in having my phone going mental at the end of the game with messages from colleagues and friends who ordinarily wouldn't even know how our result.

* There seemed to be a huge amount of snobbery after the game with the media almost suggesting that our players would prefer to have a replay than win the game

* The Sandy seemed full to the brim. The yellow lines which are meant to be kept clear were almost non existent, and I've no idea where they'd have put people if they managed to keep the lines clear

* I did enjoy Harry Kane coming on with the crowd chanting "Orient reject" at him.

* I'm glad I'm not working today :-)

Good point about the Sandy. Not sure what the stewards' actual remit is in there but they weren't keeping the markings clear which is fine by me so long as they keep it that way for other games.
The fans were great though and policed it themselves making sure kids could see etc.
I'd be interested to know if its capacity includes the bit round the corner where the kiosk/toilets are.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

So proud on 09:12 - Feb 19 with 3137 viewsDaleiLama

So proud on 02:56 - Feb 19 by rochdalefan9

Brilliant performance from everyone.
I was hoping to choose my new favourite player tonight but you all did so well ...............hugs.

Wonder how Bunney is feeling now?

Missing fans ....see what you have been missing all these years under Keith Hill. Please come back.

We can stay up now !

I think Joe will be as happy as any other Dale fan. He was at the game yesterday cheering us on. I saw him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

So proud on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 3110 viewsColDale

So proud on 09:12 - Feb 19 by DaleiLama

I think Joe will be as happy as any other Dale fan. He was at the game yesterday cheering us on. I saw him.

bet we've never had two Northampton left backs in attendance cheering Dale on before

So proud on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 3046 viewsdingdangblue

I noticed watching the match again when I got home last night that the ref booked Davies for complaining about the penalty - so glad he used common sense at the end and didn't give him a 2nd yellow for his goal celebration - just such a wonderful end to a thrilling game - we didn't really have any chances in the 2nd half with Spurs coming more into it and Dale defending for their lives - how we managed to create that in the 93rd min is just something you can't explain. Just the best day ever.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

So proud on 10:05 - Feb 19 with 3001 viewsfermin

Well, I have to confess that I had been feeling a bit jaded about the Dale to the extent that I had not looked at this website or the official one since Christmas and hence had no idea who two of the players were on our teamsheet before the game. I did not realise Bunney had left until I read the programme on the train home.

I was expecting about 6-0 and realistically hoping we did not embarrass ourselves too badly live on TV. First half in particular was a fantastic performance, and while the second half was inevitably backs to the wall I have seen league games where we have struggled a lot more. To get that equaliser after such a late (soft but probably correct) penalty was incredible. An amazing atmosphere and occasion. Being on the BBC was a plus as well - I have already had colleagues and ex-colleagues tell me at work how much they enjoyed watching the game!

Wembley will be great obviously but for me nowhere near as good as a packed Spotland unless we pull off the impossible and win! Hopefully it will be bit fuller than the play off against Stockport and we will be closer to the pitch, so it will feel more like a proper game than one in a mainly empty bowl.

I really hope the players can convert that into League form and give us a fighting chance of survival. That will give us something to build on next season even if we are in league 2.
So proud on 10:23 - Feb 19 with 2957 viewskirbys

Besides the usual manager, players, chairman, I think we must give a huge credit to the Dale backroom team for preparing the squad for this match. I can't remember a Dale side playing with such intense energy levels for the whole match in all my 60 years as a supporter. Not once did a Dale player give up on a chance to attack and defend to great effect. Fitness levels were fantastic and all the more impressive when measured against the Spurs side. "backroom blinders". Thanks.
So proud on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 2802 viewsDaleiLama

Just finished watching the 90 mins replay ..... saving the post-match for my lunchtime butty and cuppa. A few more titbits from yesterday ......
Great plug for CD's business on national tv.
Great one-two by the ref to give Spurs a bit more of the lift they needed to eek a replay out
Lillis just quietly was an unsung hero yesterday too. He damn near got to Kane's pen, which I don't think any keeper on earth could have stopped.
Did Danny Murphy just put an extra six figures+ on Camps valuation
Watching Steve Davies bang that equaliser brought tears of joy back to me again today. Had enough of the other kind recently so thanks to all at Dale for making so many fans so happy.
Looking forward to watching it all again tonight too.

So proud on 14:59 - Feb 19 with 2706 viewsShun

So proud on 13:04 - Feb 19 by DaleiLama

Just finished watching the 90 mins replay ..... saving the post-match for my lunchtime butty and cuppa. A few more titbits from yesterday ......
Great one-two by the ref to give Spurs a bit more of the lift they needed to eek a replay out
Lillis just quietly was an unsung hero yesterday too. He damn near got to Kane's pen, which I don't think any keeper on earth could have stopped.
Watching Steve Davies bang that equaliser brought tears of joy back to me again today. Had enough of the other kind recently so thanks to all at Dale for making so many fans so happy.

What did Murphy say about Camps?
So proud on 15:12 - Feb 19 with 2688 viewsjudd

So proud on 14:59 - Feb 19 by Shun

Didn't like it.

Too cold, wet and uncomfortable.

Much prefers hotels.

Poll: What is it to be then?

So proud on 15:20 - Feb 19 with 2666 viewsdingdangblue

So proud on 13:04 - Feb 19 by DaleiLama

The BBC commentary team of Guy Mowbray and Danny Murphy were superb. Rochdale gave them plenty of ammunition by the way they performed but you could tell they both enjoyed the game thoroughly... and then that ending. Rochdale fc will go down in FA Cup folklore and that clip of Davies scoring will be repeated many years down the line.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

So proud on 15:22 - Feb 19 with 2659 viewsDaleiLama

So proud on 14:59 - Feb 19 by Shun

He made him motm (in spite of Cannon being a more likely candidate in most folks eyes) and generally bigged him up all game. Said he had everything, could win a tackle, tracked back to defend, supported the attack and could pick a pass and had the vision to support it. The only thing they really missed was his free kick ability. Comms were making it sound like he was taking speculative pot shots so I guess they weren't so familiar with his back catalogue of screamers?

So proud on 15:26 - Feb 19 with 2633 viewsDaleiLama

So proud on 15:20 - Feb 19 by dingdangblue

The BBC commentary team of Guy Mowbray and Danny Murphy were superb. Rochdale gave them plenty of ammunition by the way they performed but you could tell they both enjoyed the game thoroughly... and then that ending. Rochdale fc will go down in FA Cup folklore and that clip of Davies scoring will be repeated many years down the line.

I almost wouldn't be susprised to see DM there on Wednesday. Almost.

So proud on 15:37 - Feb 19 with 2597 viewsdingdangblue

So proud on 15:26 - Feb 19 by DaleiLama

I almost wouldn't be susprised to see DM there on Wednesday. Almost.

They did make a joke about announcing the MK Dons game as being Tuesday - then corrected to Wednesday and said they'd see each other here 😀

So proud on 10:52 - Feb 18 with 1843 viewsD_Alien

12 months ago...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So proud on 10:58 - Feb 18 with 1803 viewsDaleiLama

So proud on 10:52 - Feb 18 by D_Alien

12 months ago...

And how full was the ground ……….. (sigh)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024