Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch not good 06:12 - Feb 19 with 9823 viewsDalenet

According to Spurs first goal scorer Lucas Moura in an interview on their website

We cant win can we. I guess it explains why they didn't!!!!
Pitch not good on 06:43 - Feb 19 with 8339 viewsAlexF

“Dodgy pitch unnerves Spurs” according to the Evening Standard
Pitch not good on 13:22 - Feb 19 with 7949 viewsD_Dale

Hornets play Dewsbury Rams at the COA tonight. Reduced cost of admission with stub from yesterday's Spurs game.

Any poster on this forum who goes might post an update on how the pitch bears up.
Pitch not good on 13:27 - Feb 19 with 7923 viewsfitzochris

That surprises me as I thought he was their standout player. Didn’t look like he struggled to me.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch not good on 13:31 - Feb 19 with 7902 viewsToffeemanc

Pitch not good on 13:27 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

That surprises me as I thought he was their standout player. Didn’t look like he struggled to me.

Danny Rose certainly seem to struggle with it, he couldn't seem to run more than 10 yards on it without falling over.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Pitch not good on 13:37 - Feb 19 with 7862 viewsfitzochris

Pitch not good on 13:31 - Feb 19 by Toffeemanc

Danny Rose certainly seem to struggle with it, he couldn't seem to run more than 10 yards on it without falling over.

Arf. I actually thought he had a good second half. Raff was subbed because he was booked and the gap was between them was getting bigger - and then Rathbobe came on and clattered him! He was fond of kissing the turf though.

Pitch not good on 13:39 - Feb 19 with 7839 viewsdurbandale

With Danny arguing about money earlier in the season and not being played injured or not,
his big money 50mill move to Man Utd not happening , his crazy haircut etc - his ability or non ability seem to have gone to his head - no wonder he kept overbalancing.
Who what pay for that now !!
Pitch not good on 13:55 - Feb 19 with 7753 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch not good on 13:37 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

Arf. I actually thought he had a good second half. Raff was subbed because he was booked and the gap was between them was getting bigger - and then Rathbobe came on and clattered him! He was fond of kissing the turf though.

I wondered if Ollie came on to shadow Kane at first, but so glad that didn't happen. Not even going to mention chaos theory. The Davies goal caused enough chaos without adding to it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch not good on 14:01 - Feb 19 with 7715 viewsfitzochris

Pitch not good on 13:55 - Feb 19 by DaleiLama

I wondered if Ollie came on to shadow Kane at first, but so glad that didn't happen. Not even going to mention chaos theory. The Davies goal caused enough chaos without adding to it.

An amusing moment when Kane was clattered within minutes of coming on and some wag behind me shouted: “Welcome to Rochdale, Harry!”

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch not good on 14:04 - Feb 19 with 7692 viewsInPeace

As a Spurs fan it is going to be hard to say this without it sounding like an excuse (FWIW, you played excellently and deserved the draw), but the pitch really wasn't very good. It was certainly bobbly, although this isn't really an issue, it was more the fact players seemed to lose their footing quite regularly (insert Dele Alli penalty joke) and it was cutting up quite a bit during the game. I'd be concerned about the impact of the rugby game on it tonight.
Pitch not good on 23:16 - Feb 19 with 7335 viewsDalenet

Pitch not good on 14:04 - Feb 19 by InPeace

As a Spurs fan it is going to be hard to say this without it sounding like an excuse (FWIW, you played excellently and deserved the draw), but the pitch really wasn't very good. It was certainly bobbly, although this isn't really an issue, it was more the fact players seemed to lose their footing quite regularly (insert Dele Alli penalty joke) and it was cutting up quite a bit during the game. I'd be concerned about the impact of the rugby game on it tonight.

But good to see that Poch thought the pitch was good. So not everybody complaining. I wonder how Citee enjoyed Wigan's pitch tonight.
Pitch not good on 23:22 - Feb 19 with 7314 views100notout

Same for both teams and our lads slipped a bit on it too

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pitch not good on 00:45 - Feb 20 with 7181 viewsDiddyDave

What do you expect in the middle of February? No Wembley bowling green standards up north,but this is what the glory of the FA Cup is all about. Big clubs don`t like coming up against the so called little teams,we all know how Premier League play their fringe players to give their so called stars a break,often coming a cropper. Spurs would`ve known that in the previous round with Newport County,you never take the opposition for granted as City have just found out to their cost.
Pitch not good on 00:50 - Feb 20 with 7174 viewsdownunder

Pitch not good on 13:27 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

Agreed. A class above his team mates as well. If he plays in the replay, it would be interesting to know if Hill would do anything tactically to negate him.
Pitch not good on 00:52 - Feb 20 with 7171 viewsDiddyDave

Pitch not good on 13:39 - Feb 19 by durbandale

With Danny arguing about money earlier in the season and not being played injured or not,
his big money 50mill move to Man Utd not happening , his crazy haircut etc - his ability or non ability seem to have gone to his head - no wonder he kept overbalancing.
Who what pay for that now !!

Danny Rose,another young man who`s forgotten where he`s come from. If it wasn`t for football he`d no doubt be stood on street corners in Peckham or somewhere,dishing out little plastic packets for a fiver a time,or whatever the going rate is. Get yer head out of yer arse Danny,one serious injury and it`s all over mate. Same message to all the other young blokes who don`t know how lucky they are.
Pitch not good on 01:49 - Feb 20 with 7118 viewsShun

Pitch not good on 00:52 - Feb 20 by DiddyDave

Danny Rose,another young man who`s forgotten where he`s come from. If it wasn`t for football he`d no doubt be stood on street corners in Peckham or somewhere,dishing out little plastic packets for a fiver a time,or whatever the going rate is. Get yer head out of yer arse Danny,one serious injury and it`s all over mate. Same message to all the other young blokes who don`t know how lucky they are.

He's from Leeds!
Pitch not good on 04:40 - Feb 20 with 7067 viewsDiddyDave

Pitch not good on 01:49 - Feb 20 by Shun

He's from Leeds!

I did say "or somewhere".
Pitch not good on 08:44 - Feb 20 with 6826 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch not good on 00:50 - Feb 20 by downunder

Agreed. A class above his team mates as well. If he plays in the replay, it would be interesting to know if Hill would do anything tactically to negate him.

I'm not sure what Hilly could actually do? There was one run he made from the wing (down the Sandy end I think) where he went round Delaney like quick silver. No criticism of Delaney - think most defenders would have been rocking on their heels, but he has speed to burn and it's really tough to take that out of a game. That jinking run he did through midfield where he went round plenty of our lads also sticks in the memory. You try to take him out and (a) it would mean putting someone like Ollie in a man-marking role which takes him out of the game and (b) they have plenty of other world class players who can take you apart anyway! Our slim chance of going through requires us to play our game again and hope we come out on top in 90 minutes this time, imho.

Pitch not good on 09:00 - Feb 20 with 6772 viewsmingthemerciless

You could see on TV that the pitch wasn't perfect but what do people expect when it was only laid a few days previously. Nobody can possibly say it wasn't 100% fit to be played on though. Wigan's pitch wasn't perfect either looking at last night's TV game.
Pitch not good on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 6716 viewsBigKindo

Pitch not good on 09:00 - Feb 20 by mingthemerciless

You could see on TV that the pitch wasn't perfect but what do people expect when it was only laid a few days previously. Nobody can possibly say it wasn't 100% fit to be played on though. Wigan's pitch wasn't perfect either looking at last night's TV game.

Will Pochettino be asking Wigan to relay it on our behalf? It certainly wasn't a good one. Have Wigan Rugby played on it yet?
Pitch not good on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 6499 viewsnordenblue

Pitch not good on 09:27 - Feb 20 by BigKindo

Will Pochettino be asking Wigan to relay it on our behalf? It certainly wasn't a good one. Have Wigan Rugby played on it yet?

Not sure but I think they've been in Australia recently so probably can't be blamed just yet
Pitch not good on 11:58 - Feb 21 with 6186 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch not good on 14:01 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

An amusing moment when Kane was clattered within minutes of coming on and some wag behind me shouted: “Welcome to Rochdale, Harry!”

That moment!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42912604

Great capture at the 77 min mark

Pitch not good on 08:59 - Feb 22 with 5823 viewsmingthemerciless

Anybody who was there last night like to comment on how the pitch held up ? At least the weather has been much kinder since the pitch was relaid and the much needed sunlight we've had may be encouraging the grass to start growing again.
Pitch not good on 09:03 - Feb 22 with 5804 viewsDaley_Lama

The odd tennis ball bounce

The odd bobble

Enough for the odd verse of ‘we want our beach back’ from the choral section.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch not good on 12:56 - Feb 22 with 5653 viewsboromat

Pitch not good on 08:59 - Feb 22 by mingthemerciless

Anybody who was there last night like to comment on how the pitch held up ? At least the weather has been much kinder since the pitch was relaid and the much needed sunlight we've had may be encouraging the grass to start growing again.

Very bobbly compared to the Spurs game. I'm a little worried. After one game of football and on Rugby match and it's deteriorated.

Needs doing properly in the Summer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pitch not good on 10:30 - Feb 23 with 5400 viewsStudiousDale

Done a bit research regarding undersoil heating, and a couple of figures I found for installation are £700k quoted by the Peterboro chairman and £500k quoted by the old reliable Daily Mail.

Say the true cost is £1m, do we not feel this would be worth it given our history with postponements?

From a financial point of view it may not quite cover itself over a 10 year period, but the benefits to the team of knowing they have a greater control over whether the home games are on and the subsequent lack of a need to fit rearranged games in and have the Sat-Tues-Sat scenarios we are now seeing.

Does anyone know if the club have done a cost-analysis of this in the past?

If the club are having to dig right down this Summer and relay the pitch, now should be the time this is being considered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024