Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies v Llorente 12:37 - Feb 19 with 1654 viewsD_Alien

Apologies for starting another Davies thread, but I've just been reflecting on comments of the MOTD panel, which included two of the top strikers ever to grace our national team in Lineker and Shearer

They were bemoaning poor old Llorente's lack of game time after he'd hit the chance wide from almost exactly the same spot as Davies took his chance, and under less time pressure

Davies had been on the pitch for about 15 minutes after almost no game time for the past 3 or 4 months. How great does that make his finish? I'd rate it as the best pure strikers finish I've seen at Spotland for a very long while, struggling to recall a better one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Davies v Llorente on 12:44 - Feb 19 with 1607 viewsdingdangblue

Like most of the goals he's scored for us - Doncaster this season, Fleetwood last season - he's got that great knack of finding space in the box and he's such an instinctive finisher - Vorm didn't even move because Davies had brought the ball down so quick and finished in almost one movement. If he could stay fit till the end of the season we will stay up.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Davies v Llorente on 12:45 - Feb 19 with 1601 viewsjudd

Davies v Llorente on 12:44 - Feb 19 by dingdangblue

Like most of the goals he's scored for us - Doncaster this season, Fleetwood last season - he's got that great knack of finding space in the box and he's such an instinctive finisher - Vorm didn't even move because Davies had brought the ball down so quick and finished in almost one movement. If he could stay fit till the end of the season we will stay up.

That first touch was as good as any I saw Spurs players perform - and they had some awesome techniques.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Davies v Llorente on 12:52 - Feb 19 with 1548 viewsBobbyjoe

Davies v Llorente on 12:45 - Feb 19 by judd

That first touch was as good as any I saw Spurs players perform - and they had some awesome techniques.

Even better, though, the finish; nine times out of ten you'd pull that shot wide (as he so nearly did!).
Davies v Llorente on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 1526 viewsjudd

Davies v Llorente on 12:52 - Feb 19 by Bobbyjoe

Even better, though, the finish; nine times out of ten you'd pull that shot wide (as he so nearly did!).

Without that first touch there is no finish, in my opinion.

Davies v Llorente on 13:06 - Feb 19 with 1473 viewsBobbyjoe

Davies v Llorente on 12:56 - Feb 19 by judd

Oh, stop being so reasonable!
Davies v Llorente on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 1424 viewsjudd

Davies v Llorente on 13:06 - Feb 19 by Bobbyjoe

Oh, stop being so reasonable!

You mean right, right?

Davies v Llorente on 13:24 - Feb 19 with 1393 viewsfitzochris

Davies v Llorente on 12:56 - Feb 19 by judd

From the Pearl Street at the time, the touch wasn’t obvious. Once we watched the match again after a few jars last night, you really do appreciate how good it was. Tremendous.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Davies v Llorente on 13:26 - Feb 19 with 1378 viewsjudd

Davies v Llorente on 13:24 - Feb 19 by fitzochris

From the Pearl Street at the time, the touch wasn’t obvious. Once we watched the match again after a few jars last night, you really do appreciate how good it was. Tremendous.

I didn't see it from the same stand neither. My 10 year old son just screamed "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" and I joined in the wild celebrations.

Only saw it later on screen to see the quality of it all.

Lovely assist from their CH who had handled the ball in the first half as well, I think it were him anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

Davies v Llorente on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1365 viewsfitzochris

Davies v Llorente on 13:26 - Feb 19 by judd

I didn't see it from the same stand neither. My 10 year old son just screamed "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" and I joined in the wild celebrations.

Only saw it later on screen to see the quality of it all.

Lovely assist from their CH who had handled the ball in the first half as well, I think it were him anyway.

Same here. I just saw the ball come in, Davies get on it and the net ripple. I owe the guy in front
of me some new eardrums.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Davies v Llorente on 13:30 - Feb 19 with 1361 viewsDaley_Lama

Dale evidently tired and could only manage to score in the 44th and 93rd minute.

Poll: DF in or out

Davies v Llorente on 13:53 - Feb 19 with 1295 viewsBobbyjoe

Davies v Llorente on 13:20 - Feb 19 by judd

You mean right, right?

Must admit, I am beginning to doubt my own judgement, as I've found myself worryingly in agreement with D'Alien for much of the post-mortem!
Davies v Llorente on 13:55 - Feb 19 with 1290 viewsjudd

Davies v Llorente on 13:53 - Feb 19 by Bobbyjoe

Must admit, I am beginning to doubt my own judgement, as I've found myself worryingly in agreement with D'Alien for much of the post-mortem!

I'm sure there's a cure out there for that.

Davies v Llorente on 14:11 - Feb 19 with 1244 viewsD_Alien

Davies v Llorente on 13:53 - Feb 19 by Bobbyjoe

Unfortunately, the cure that judd suggests might exist also involves a post-mortem!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024