Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're out of the league 20:35 - Feb 24 with 5059 viewswimborne_dale

We can concentrate on the cup now.

Edgar Allan's Crow

We're out of the league on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 4832 viewspioneer

and we seem to be trying to go down in style..wanting that 24th spot to ourselves. It would be our fourth relegation from third level...each one rock bottom. That will equal Chesterfields record of four wooden spoons.
We're out of the league on 16:02 - Feb 25 with 4596 viewsBarrowdale

No were not. We probably are but the 3 home games back to back inc Fleetwood will be the point we know.
We’re playing ok, we’ll be out of the cup and we have a chance. Not a big one I conceed but still a chance. Crede Signo!
We're out of the league on 16:16 - Feb 25 with 4558 viewsJames1980

We won 19 games last season we only need to win 14 out of the remaining 16 to equal that, it is difficult but not impossible.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

We're out of the league on 16:52 - Feb 25 with 4474 viewsJimmyRustler

Said we were down after the Lincoln EFL cup game cause the pitch would be the final nail in the coffin and I haven't changed my mind since then
We're out of the league on 17:19 - Feb 25 with 4428 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We're out of the league on 16:52 - Feb 25 by JimmyRustler

Said we were down after the Lincoln EFL cup game cause the pitch would be the final nail in the coffin and I haven't changed my mind since then

The pitch is sorted now though .........we have hope Jimbo,hope!
We're out of the league on 17:32 - Feb 25 with 4387 viewsJimmyRustler

We're out of the league on 17:19 - Feb 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

The pitch is sorted now though .........we have hope Jimbo,hope!

It's certainly better no doubt but I just mean the backlog of fixtures is gonna seal our fate....would love to be wrong!
We're out of the league on 17:56 - Feb 25 with 4328 viewssince58

We're out of the league on 16:52 - Feb 25 by JimmyRustler

We were down pre season.
Squad /signings nowhere near good enough.
We're out of the league on 18:03 - Feb 25 with 4306 viewsmightydale

We're out of the league on 17:56 - Feb 25 by since58

We were down pre season.
Squad /signings nowhere near good enough.

If we had this squad at start of season maybe just maybe we might of stayed up. All the Hill arse lickers need to realise its his fault and his fault alone, why we are in this position.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Login to get fewer ads

We're out of the league on 19:03 - Feb 25 with 4196 viewsdalenumber2

Does anyone else feel that Hill seems to be trying to avoid winning in the league matches? There have been far too many that we should have won but didn't. Seeing us v Spurs and Millwall has highlighted how well we can play. So why aren't we doing this in the league - it's a big question!
We're out of the league on 19:08 - Feb 25 with 4171 viewsrichfoad32

We're out of the league on 16:16 - Feb 25 by James1980

We won 19 games last season we only need to win 14 out of the remaining 16 to equal that, it is difficult but not impossible.

I admire your optimism but to win 14 of 16 is title winning form from a team who've only won 5 all season. Do you really think we can turn our form around to that extent?

We don't need to match last season anyway, another 8 wins should put us in the mix for safety and that's doable but starting to look like too much.
We're out of the league on 19:12 - Feb 25 with 4154 viewsrichfoad32

We're out of the league on 19:03 - Feb 25 by dalenumber2

Does anyone else feel that Hill seems to be trying to avoid winning in the league matches? There have been far too many that we should have won but didn't. Seeing us v Spurs and Millwall has highlighted how well we can play. So why aren't we doing this in the league - it's a big question!

I'd be interested in your theories as to why Hill would possibly going out of his way to make sure we don't win???
We're out of the league on 19:13 - Feb 25 with 4153 viewssince58

We're out of the league on 19:03 - Feb 25 by dalenumber2

Ask the Directors ,they might have the answer to your big question.
We're out of the league on 19:32 - Feb 25 with 4091 viewsdalenumber2

We're out of the league on 19:12 - Feb 25 by richfoad32

I'd be interested in your theories as to why Hill would possibly going out of his way to make sure we don't win???

I haven't got any theories. Some on here have talked of a 'relegation plan' but I am not sure why this would be needed? Hill has got a 5 year contract so his job is relatively safe. But I'm not sure of the benefits of relegation to be honest. Just seems odd how Hill plays strange formations and players out of position in the league games, almost as if we are not trying to win. Fair enough if he was a poor manager but we know that's not the case. I don't think I am the only one to have noticed this.
We're out of the league on 20:09 - Feb 25 with 3963 viewsD_Alien

We're out of the league on 19:32 - Feb 25 by dalenumber2

I haven't got any theories. Some on here have talked of a 'relegation plan' but I am not sure why this would be needed? Hill has got a 5 year contract so his job is relatively safe. But I'm not sure of the benefits of relegation to be honest. Just seems odd how Hill plays strange formations and players out of position in the league games, almost as if we are not trying to win. Fair enough if he was a poor manager but we know that's not the case. I don't think I am the only one to have noticed this.

If by 'relegation plan' you mean 'a managed relegation', that was entirely to do with how we'd cope in the Championship - i know this because i asked that very question in the fans forum - and Hilly's answer was perfectly clear - whatever happened we'd have to make sure that being in the championship didn't result in the club becoming liable for championship-level wages etc should we not manage to stay there - hence the term 'managed relegation' to ensure we could regroup in L1

To be clear - it had, and has, nothing to do with planning for relegation to L2, although that would also be sensible given our circumstances, and Jim McNulty's recent interview confirmed that player's wages would fall as a result

On the more general point - about not playing to win - there was a very contentious thread earlier in the season where the OP suggested we were 'playing to draw', which i ridiculed. Just because teams in our position either draw or lose the majority of games doesn't mean they're going onto the pitch with that in mind. Every season, those teams in the relegation zone will be there for a good reason, but 'playing to draw' isn't one of them. For instance, had Andy Cannon's shot not rebounded from the crossbar and away against MK Dons but had been millimetres lower, we'd almost certainly have gone on to win that game

[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 20:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We're out of the league on 20:27 - Feb 25 with 3911 viewsrochdaleriddler

We're out of the league on 20:09 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

If by 'relegation plan' you mean 'a managed relegation', that was entirely to do with how we'd cope in the Championship - i know this because i asked that very question in the fans forum - and Hilly's answer was perfectly clear - whatever happened we'd have to make sure that being in the championship didn't result in the club becoming liable for championship-level wages etc should we not manage to stay there - hence the term 'managed relegation' to ensure we could regroup in L1

To be clear - it had, and has, nothing to do with planning for relegation to L2, although that would also be sensible given our circumstances, and Jim McNulty's recent interview confirmed that player's wages would fall as a result

On the more general point - about not playing to win - there was a very contentious thread earlier in the season where the OP suggested we were 'playing to draw', which i ridiculed. Just because teams in our position either draw or lose the majority of games doesn't mean they're going onto the pitch with that in mind. Every season, those teams in the relegation zone will be there for a good reason, but 'playing to draw' isn't one of them. For instance, had Andy Cannon's shot not rebounded from the crossbar and away against MK Dons but had been millimetres lower, we'd almost certainly have gone on to win that game

Or maybe after taking the lead we would have sat back and conceded, given the season so far that would be far likelier than ' almost certainly' winning the game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

We're out of the league on 21:32 - Feb 25 with 3827 views49thseason

We have lost by two or more goals only 5 times this season so its not as if we are getting a regular battering but the fact is we havent really scored enough goals since the 2017 transfer window . The late rush of form from NML at the end of last season papered over the cracks but the need for a genuine goalscorer has been evident for at least 12 months. Calvin works incredibly hard but is hardly prolific maybe in part because he defends too much, Davies has proved to be injury prone and Henderson has spent too much of this season in a midfield role.
I have no doubt the signing of Done was intended to be the answer but it just hasnt happened for him. We will be relegated because we simply didnt score enough goals.
The need for a genuinely instictive goalscorer will still be there in L2 and needs to be the first order of business when the next window opens.
We're out of the league on 22:09 - Feb 25 with 3763 viewsdalenumber2

We're out of the league on 20:09 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

Ok fair points. I'm not suggesting that the players are going out to deliberately draw or lose matches. It's just Hill's attitude that seems to be getting to me. It's been a strange season with the cup run and our league performances. I am usually positive but after MK Dons am now resigned to the probability that we will be relegated. I suppose it's still remotely possible that we could be involved in a 'great escape' relegation battle at the end of the season and wouldn't that be good.
We're out of the league on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 3420 viewsParkinsGimp

We're out of the league on 18:03 - Feb 25 by mightydale

If we had this squad at start of season maybe just maybe we might of stayed up. All the Hill arse lickers need to realise its his fault and his fault alone, why we are in this position.

Sorry , marked you down by mistake, although I doubt the squad we have now would save us anyway. The board and management planned to go down, they dont like it in League One too much work invloved to keep scouting good players and then the bleeders want more money.
We're out of the league on 13:34 - Feb 26 with 3341 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

We're out of the league on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 3305 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

We're out of the league on 13:53 - Feb 26 with 3290 viewsrod_leach

We're out of the league on 18:03 - Feb 25 by mightydale

Have not of, d**k head
We're out of the league on 14:40 - Feb 26 with 3172 viewsNorthernDale

We're out of the league on 19:08 - Feb 25 by richfoad32

I admire your optimism but to win 14 of 16 is title winning form from a team who've only won 5 all season. Do you really think we can turn our form around to that extent?

We don't need to match last season anyway, another 8 wins should put us in the mix for safety and that's doable but starting to look like too much.

We do not need to win 14 out of 16 games, what we realistically need is 8 wins and 3 draws, which would put us on 53 points, which in the past as been good enough for league safety.

I agree having won just 5 games all season, it may take a miracle for the Dale to turn the season around, but with 10 home games, we can only hope that KH stops being negativity and thinking a point is good enough, we should go out fighting at least and attack with passion and purpose, instead of accepting we are already down.

What worries me is if we go down, I could potentially see Rafferty, McGahey, Camps, Rathbone and Cannon leaving and being replaced by lesser quality players like Wiseman, Knott and Inman, we would then be doomed us to struggle in league 2.
We're out of the league on 08:27 - Mar 1 with 2717 viewswimborne_dale

We're out of the cup. We can concentrate on the league now.

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024