Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the game be cancelled? 08:04 - Feb 26 with 30106 viewsThe_Knightowl

The weather forecast for London is looking bleaker by the hour. Its not a fully covered roof but if its snowing heavily and the roads , rail etc infrastructure are compromised ccould the game be cancelled?
Could the game be cancelled? on 08:50 - Feb 26 with 18929 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Not sure. It is snowing down here but not settling yet.

If we have 'Snowmageddon' as predicted i suppose there is a chance of it being cancelled. Hopefully, the media etc are doing their usual and over compensating.
Could the game be cancelled? on 08:59 - Feb 26 with 18908 viewschalkyncfc

Its snowing in Nottingham but not bad,local news says that tomorrow will be worst,the game may not be called of but it could add hours onto the travel down there
Could the game be cancelled? on 09:02 - Feb 26 with 18896 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Could the game be cancelled? on 08:59 - Feb 26 by chalkyncfc

Its snowing in Nottingham but not bad,local news says that tomorrow will be worst,the game may not be called of but it could add hours onto the travel down there

Not too bad in central London at the moment but a bit heavier in the suburbs & settling apparently.
Could the game be cancelled? on 09:13 - Feb 26 with 18863 viewsdeeplishblue

Could the game be moved to Spotland?
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 9:13]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Could the game be cancelled? on 10:04 - Feb 26 with 18708 viewsBarryStrange

Snowing down here in London and supposed to all week. But so far no sign that it should see a game being cancelled. It's light and snow rarely sticks down here.

Wembley is so busy they will do everything to get it played as they don't want to rearrange. Your problem could be if the concourses and streets are unsafe, then they may cancel it.

If you are planning on getting back to Rochdale straight after the game that could be a challenge.
Could the game be cancelled? on 12:11 - Feb 26 with 18400 viewssussex_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 10:04 - Feb 26 by BarryStrange

Snowing down here in London and supposed to all week. But so far no sign that it should see a game being cancelled. It's light and snow rarely sticks down here.

Wembley is so busy they will do everything to get it played as they don't want to rearrange. Your problem could be if the concourses and streets are unsafe, then they may cancel it.

If you are planning on getting back to Rochdale straight after the game that could be a challenge.

I think getting back to the south coast may be a challenge, first hint of snow and Southern stop running!
Could the game be cancelled? on 12:26 - Feb 26 with 18328 viewschaff_in_eb

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:11 - Feb 26 by sussex_dale

I think getting back to the south coast may be a challenge, first hint of snow and Southern stop running!

I'm with you Sussex Dale. Got to get back to Eastbourne. That might be a challenge with Southern.
Could the game be cancelled? on 12:31 - Feb 26 with 18302 viewsDorkingDale

Know the feeling.......maybe we will have to drown our sorrows overnight in Victoria Station.
Login to get fewer ads

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 18223 viewssussex_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:31 - Feb 26 by DorkingDale

Know the feeling.......maybe we will have to drown our sorrows overnight in Victoria Station.

Cheap hotel in Victoria then a big breakfast in wetherspoons!!!!
Could the game be cancelled? on 12:59 - Feb 26 with 18192 viewsUnmoderatedCF

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:52 - Feb 26 by sussex_dale

Cheap hotel in Victoria then a big breakfast in wetherspoons!!!!

I'm also a Southern Fail sufferer.

Will have to play it by ear on Wednesday.
Could the game be cancelled? on 13:08 - Feb 26 with 18147 viewsDorsetDale

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:59 - Feb 26 by UnmoderatedCF

I'm also a Southern Fail sufferer.

Will have to play it by ear on Wednesday.

Tha needs to be careful with your use of the word fail. That's the word some of them there comedians from bury call us!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Could the game be cancelled? on 13:26 - Feb 26 with 18094 viewsBarryStrange

Could the game be cancelled? on 12:11 - Feb 26 by sussex_dale

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has no earthly idea what time Southern will get them home tonight.
Could the game be cancelled? on 13:42 - Feb 26 with 18044 viewssussex_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 13:26 - Feb 26 by BarryStrange

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has no earthly idea what time Southern will get them home tonight.

Its already started!!

https://www.southernrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-upd
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:30 - Feb 26 with 17658 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

They are predicting as much as 8"of snow by Wednesday night in the south and east. After that could get even worse with warmer weather coming up from Bay of Biscay and hitting the cold front. Southern already cancelling trains after 22:00 and advising travelers not to go out after 18:00. It`s too short notice for the club coaches to set off earlier now, so it might be like the Wycombe game a few years back.
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:33 - Feb 26 with 17641 viewssussex_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:30 - Feb 26 by RooleyMoorBlue

They are predicting as much as 8"of snow by Wednesday night in the south and east. After that could get even worse with warmer weather coming up from Bay of Biscay and hitting the cold front. Southern already cancelling trains after 22:00 and advising travelers not to go out after 18:00. It`s too short notice for the club coaches to set off earlier now, so it might be like the Wycombe game a few years back.

If there is that much snow, surely even a Wembley game would be re-arranged?
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 17561 viewsnordenblue

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:30 - Feb 26 by RooleyMoorBlue

On the weather report if you put Wembley as a weather location it's only scattered occasional snow and nothing at all to be worried about looking at that,things can certainly turn quickly though as we well know!!!
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:54 - Feb 26 with 17545 viewsJimmyRustler

Game gets called off.

Game gets rearranged for a weekend.

Additional tickets get put back on sale.

We sell out the increased allocation.

RAFCBLUE deletes his account.
Could the game be cancelled? on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 17520 viewssussex_dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:50 - Feb 26 by nordenblue

On the weather report if you put Wembley as a weather location it's only scattered occasional snow and nothing at all to be worried about looking at that,things can certainly turn quickly though as we well know!!!

I'll bring some Huskys!
Could the game be cancelled? on 18:15 - Feb 26 with 17435 viewsRAFCBLUE

Could the game be cancelled? on 17:54 - Feb 26 by JimmyRustler

Game gets called off.

Game gets rearranged for a weekend.

Additional tickets get put back on sale.

We sell out the increased allocation.

RAFCBLUE deletes his account.

I can't see it being postponed. Wembley has undersoil and it's too politically sensitive unless the areas around the ground are not safe.

I can see Dale fans travelling on motorways towards London having difficulties and also challenges getting home post-match.

The forecast isn't great for the next 48 hours but it should get played.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:28 - Feb 26 with 17399 views442Dale

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:15 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

I can't see it being postponed. Wembley has undersoil and it's too politically sensitive unless the areas around the ground are not safe.

I can see Dale fans travelling on motorways towards London having difficulties and also challenges getting home post-match.

The forecast isn't great for the next 48 hours but it should get played.

Hopefully the coaches and most fans will choose the M6/M1 route rather that M62/M1 as its the eastern side that is more likely to see snow. But the forecast is ever changing and at the moment Thursday/Friday look to be the worst and Saturday will be very likely to be off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Could the game be cancelled? on 19:01 - Feb 26 with 17290 viewsnordenblue

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:28 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

Hopefully the coaches and most fans will choose the M6/M1 route rather that M62/M1 as its the eastern side that is more likely to see snow. But the forecast is ever changing and at the moment Thursday/Friday look to be the worst and Saturday will be very likely to be off.

Problem is many fans may try and stay clear of the 4000 miles of roadworks on the M6 that have been on going since the invention of the wheel....
Could the game be cancelled? on 19:08 - Feb 26 with 17245 viewsRAFCBLUE

Could the game be cancelled? on 18:28 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

Agree with you about Plymouth (h) on Saturday. When you consider that they may need to travel up on Friday, I think that will rule it out for all parties.

In some ways, it will suit us to get some rest into the players after a hectic schedule notwithstanding it means another home game to rearrange. This one feels like it can't be helped.

I'd personally avoid the M1 if the weather is bad; all of those junctions in the run-up to the M25 gives the inevitability of an accident.

But if you're making the trip very much Hobson's choice.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Could the game be cancelled? on 19:08 - Feb 26 with 17245 viewsrochdaleriddler

Could the game be cancelled? on 19:01 - Feb 26 by nordenblue

Problem is many fans may try and stay clear of the 4000 miles of roadworks on the M6 that have been on going since the invention of the wheel....

M6 is 232.2 miles long

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Could the game be cancelled? on 19:23 - Feb 26 with 17146 viewsBlueDales

I'd be absolutely amazed if it got called off. The only time I can think of a game being called off at the New Wembley is an England friendly match during the London riots of 2011, due to over-stretched police. The cup replay will surely go ahead.
Could the game be cancelled? on 19:25 - Feb 26 with 17129 viewsScunnydale

On my way past the M1 at Leeds yesterday, there were signs saying there were overnight works on the M1 on Wednesday night. It said southbound, but anyone thinking of coming back that way from Wembley might be advised to check.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024