Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley undersoil heating? 17:52 - Mar 1 with 3638 viewsdingdangblue

Did it fail? Or can it not cope with that amount of Snowfall? Seemed strange some areas were a lot worse than others - particularly our right back area 2nd half.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wembley undersoil heating? on 17:57 - Mar 1 with 3609 viewsboromat

I might be wrong but I thought undersoil heating was for frozen pitches not pitches with snow on them. Otherwise isn't it just a very expensive way of waterlogging your own pitch? (Depending on the amount of snow)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wembley undersoil heating? on 18:07 - Mar 1 with 3570 viewsmidlandsdale

Still amazed that after all the delays and cost to the re building of Wembley it doesn't have a closing roof. Piss poor for a national stadium
Wembley undersoil heating? on 19:01 - Mar 1 with 3443 viewsdingdangblue

Wembley undersoil heating? on 17:57 - Mar 1 by boromat

I might be wrong but I thought undersoil heating was for frozen pitches not pitches with snow on them. Otherwise isn't it just a very expensive way of waterlogging your own pitch? (Depending on the amount of snow)

Yes I thought that - but as the snow started falling it was certainly sticking in some parts of the pitch more than others.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Wembley undersoil heating? on 00:33 - Mar 2 with 3172 viewsluckystrike

It is not allowed to be used during a game
Wembley undersoil heating? on 00:37 - Mar 2 with 3169 viewsSandyman

Wembley undersoil heating? on 19:01 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Yes I thought that - but as the snow started falling it was certainly sticking in some parts of the pitch more than others.

The snow was sticking to a lot of fans as well. Been to many lower league grounds where you are better protected from the weather conditions than at our "national stadium".
Wembley undersoil heating? on 06:54 - Mar 2 with 3088 viewsThe_Knightowl

I think the direction of the wind will have had something to do with it.
Wembley undersoil heating? on 09:20 - Mar 2 with 2972 viewsKenBoon

It was snowing during the Arsenal vs Manc City game yesterday but none settled on the pitch and it looked to be snowing pretty hard. The settling snow certainly helped Spurs, which means we can also blame Russia for something. On that note, the "your pitch is dangerous" chant was quite funny.
Wembley undersoil heating? on 22:19 - Mar 3 with 2597 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wembley undersoil heating? on 09:20 - Mar 2 by KenBoon

It was snowing during the Arsenal vs Manc City game yesterday but none settled on the pitch and it looked to be snowing pretty hard. The settling snow certainly helped Spurs, which means we can also blame Russia for something. On that note, the "your pitch is dangerous" chant was quite funny.

Good point that Kenny.......we always used to say "it's the Russians messing with the weather" when anything went awry back in the day.

Talksport confirmed that the undersoil heating was definetly on during 2nd half of the Cup Replay.
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley undersoil heating? on 23:33 - Mar 3 with 2543 viewsFalingeParka

Undersoil heating is for preventing a pitch freezing.

ColonelHall

Wembley undersoil heating? on 13:51 - Mar 4 with 2350 views1mark1

Wembley undersoil heating? on 09:20 - Mar 2 by KenBoon

Why would worsening pitch conditions benefit players who are used to playing on near perfect pitches, rather than those like ours who regularly play on more un perfect pitches? This is NOT a criticism of ANY of our magnificent players who played against Spurs, and who in three halfs against Spurs matched one of the very best teams in England.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Wembley undersoil heating? on 14:38 - Mar 4 with 2296 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.pitchcare.com/forum/view/12763-efficiency-of-undersoil-heating-syste

Wembley undersoil heating? on 17:07 - Mar 4 with 2223 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wembley undersoil heating? on 14:38 - Mar 4 by dingdangblue

https://www.pitchcare.com/forum/view/12763-efficiency-of-undersoil-heating-syste

Good read all that.......£3500 for 24 hours working!......No wonder we can't afford it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024