Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobre and that GOAL.... 14:14 - Mar 8 with 13998 viewsCleedale

Just wondered how this goal rates amongst all time classics at Dale. Seem to think Paddy McCourt did some incredible stuff, "sometimes", but for me this has got to be up there with Henderson's touches of brilliance and some others? Debate....

PS. Hope Dobre manages to climb down from the clouds, or is pulled, as ANY player to score a goal like that mightn't realise that it's possibly a once-in- a-lifetime. Of course bring it on again if that's just a taster - it could be that extra bit of magic to raise the confidence in the whole squad that notch higher for L1 survival.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:31 - Mar 10 with 2800 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:51 - Mar 9 by 1mark1

Think it was FA cup replay, 1980.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2018 21:52]

Presuming I’m allowed to comment, that was before my time, but I have seen some footage from that game on YouTube which I’ll try to seek out at some point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 10:57 - Mar 10 with 2673 viewsDaleiLama

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:31 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

Presuming I’m allowed to comment, that was before my time, but I have seen some footage from that game on YouTube which I’ll try to seek out at some point.

I made the error of mistaking your style for pedantry when I first started posting on here. One of the pitfalls of the written word without the context of expression, which can lead to such misunderstandings, as can not knowing the person posting. Sometimes you have to read between the lines though, and it would be bloody dull if everyone thought and said the same thing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 11:33 - Mar 10 with 2634 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 10:57 - Mar 10 by DaleiLama

I made the error of mistaking your style for pedantry when I first started posting on here. One of the pitfalls of the written word without the context of expression, which can lead to such misunderstandings, as can not knowing the person posting. Sometimes you have to read between the lines though, and it would be bloody dull if everyone thought and said the same thing.

Oh no, I’m definitely a pedant, although I never realised people’s characters were of so much interest on here.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 12:01 - Mar 10 with 2598 viewsDaleiLama

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 11:33 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

Oh no, I’m definitely a pedant, although I never realised people’s characters were of so much interest on here.

Nearly as much interest as clique membership (whatever that is)?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 12:18 - Mar 10 with 2565 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 12:01 - Mar 10 by DaleiLama

Nearly as much interest as clique membership (whatever that is)?

Exactly.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 14:07 - Mar 10 with 2454 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 08:31 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

You are very welcome to comment, especially if you can confirm I saw Bobby Scaife score a thunderbolt at Gigg Lane for the Dale. BS played for us between 77 and 80, so the timeframe is correct.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:48 - Mar 10 with 2337 viewsDorsetDale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 14:07 - Mar 10 by 1mark1

You are very welcome to comment, especially if you can confirm I saw Bobby Scaife score a thunderbolt at Gigg Lane for the Dale. BS played for us between 77 and 80, so the timeframe is correct.

It's not difficult to claim one was there back then, I along with plenty of mates were in attendance throughout that period!

Regrettably I moved away but I'll bet I've seen more games than any wannabbee politician during that same era!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:04 - Mar 10 with 2311 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:48 - Mar 10 by DorsetDale

It's not difficult to claim one was there back then, I along with plenty of mates were in attendance throughout that period!

Regrettably I moved away but I'll bet I've seen more games than any wannabbee politician during that same era!!

I am no wannabe politician, so get your facts right! Not every candidate, is trying to actually get elected in an election , anyone with any knowledge would know that. If I had wanted to be an elected politician, I would have been a candidate for a a party with a chance of winning.

I don’t claim to be in attendance at games I was at, no need to. I admit when I am not at a game, I don’t have to justify my attendance to the likes of people like you, I answer to no one on here, only my family as to my attendance at football matches. You will never know if you have attended more matches in a given period of time, and even if you have, it doesn’t bother me. Maybe I have more important things in my life, to deal with.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 20:08]

Login to get fewer ads

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:11 - Mar 10 with 2285 viewsDaleiLama

Unnecessary

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:13 - Mar 10 with 2261 viewsMolly

So what?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:26 - Mar 10 with 2191 viewsDorsetDale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:04 - Mar 10 by 1mark1

I am no wannabe politician, so get your facts right! Not every candidate, is trying to actually get elected in an election , anyone with any knowledge would know that. If I had wanted to be an elected politician, I would have been a candidate for a a party with a chance of winning.

I don’t claim to be in attendance at games I was at, no need to. I admit when I am not at a game, I don’t have to justify my attendance to the likes of people like you, I answer to no one on here, only my family as to my attendance at football matches. You will never know if you have attended more matches in a given period of time, and even if you have, it doesn’t bother me. Maybe I have more important things in my life, to deal with.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 20:08]

Stop talking bollocks! adinfinitum........

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:28 - Mar 10 with 2181 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:26 - Mar 10 by DorsetDale

You are the one taking bollox, now go and troll someone else, Dorset Troll.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:50 - Mar 10 with 2130 viewsMolly

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:26 - Mar 10 by DorsetDale

I'm sure that 1Mark 1 is perfectly capable of defending himself and I wouldn't normally get involved in an argument between two other parties, BUT in response to a well thought out and well worded reply which was obviously genuine and heartfelt is there really any need to resort to vulgar insults. To many such behaviour would indicate that you have not only lost the argument but that your command of the English language is somewhat stilted and inadequate.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:59 - Mar 10 with 2087 viewsDaleiLama

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:50 - Mar 10 by Molly

I'm sure that 1Mark 1 is perfectly capable of defending himself and I wouldn't normally get involved in an argument between two other parties, BUT in response to a well thought out and well worded reply which was obviously genuine and heartfelt is there really any need to resort to vulgar insults. To many such behaviour would indicate that you have not only lost the argument but that your command of the English language is somewhat stilted and inadequate.

I'd echo that. I don't think it's right to interject in arguments and never do, but to warrant such an aggressive, emotional and uncalled for response - you'd think we'd just lost 10-1 ffs? We just won 2 away games on the bounce. We may just have played one of, if not the best, "get out of jail free" cards in our history.

Going to leave it alone now and leave my inspirational leader with the last words on the topic.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 21:01]

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:03 - Mar 10 with 2060 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 14:07 - Mar 10 by 1mark1

Take this YouTube footage forward to 3:03 and watch from there:

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:15 - Mar 10 with 2017 views1mark1

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:03 - Mar 10 by TVOS1907

Take this YouTube footage forward to 3:03 and watch from there:

Thanks for that , it was a heartbreaking loss that night, but was a cracking cup tie, in front of a very large Dale following. Totally massive crowd had seen the original tie, officially 10800, but by all accounts more like 14000, as many had got into Spotland over the walls etc.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:23 - Mar 10 with 1982 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:15 - Mar 10 by 1mark1

Thanks for that , it was a heartbreaking loss that night, but was a cracking cup tie, in front of a very large Dale following. Totally massive crowd had seen the original tie, officially 10800, but by all accounts more like 14000, as many had got into Spotland over the walls etc.

I'm sure I can see DorsetDale in the crowd...

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 00:24 - Mar 11 with 1859 viewsDorsetDale

I apologise unreservedly to Mark. Had an afternoon on the beer.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 07:10 - Mar 11 with 1788 viewskiwidale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:50 - Mar 10 by Molly

Spot on Molly

This is not the time for bickering.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 07:20 - Mar 11 with 1773 viewskiwidale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 00:24 - Mar 11 by DorsetDale

Good lad.

This is not the time for bickering.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 09:44 - Mar 11 with 1685 viewsMolly

Good man. The right thing to do.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 1618 views1mark1

Thanks, and I am happy to accept your apology. And well done for support of the Dale.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024