Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Binman isn't rubbish. 23:31 - Mar 10 with 3174 viewsdingdangblue

Fair play to Hilly for bringing Bradden back into the team - whether it's because he's been looking good in training or what? But I don't think many fans would have automatically thought he'd be getting back in the starting X1 and especially not at the expense of Kitching who had looked good in the midfield 3 of himself,Cannon and Camps. Maybe Hill thought Kitching needed a rest after being involved so much recently - picking Inman looks inspired with him being involved in 3 of the goals in this last week.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Binman isn't rubbish. on 23:45 - Mar 10 with 3125 viewsboromat

Kitchen has been brilliant but he was really poor away against Spurs. And by poor I mean he really didn't turn up and it would have been easy for Hill to say 'well it was spurs away and I'll give him another chance'. Instead he's treated it as any other game dropped him and brought in the next suitable replacement. When Brad is on his game he's an incredible player let's hope he can keep it up. I still remember him tearing us to pieces for Crewe.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Binman isn't rubbish. on 00:24 - Mar 11 with 3074 viewsDaley_Lama

The team is much better because.

Rafferty at FB rather then midfield
Big Jim at CH
Matt Done as wing-back rather than winger
Delaney
5 at the back
Camps having a tiger alongside in Cannon
Hendo up front rather than midfield

Inman wasn’t terrible in the team when we were losing by the odd goal.

Inman wasn’t a world beater today when we won by the odd goal
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 0:26]

Poll: DF in or out

Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 2739 viewsSwissdale

The introduction of Humprhys and Inman in the last few games makes a big difference to the way we play. Both are far more natural footballers than Andrew and Kitching respectively, which means they need far less time to get the ball out of their feet and act on what to do next. This means we can counter attack at pace, and cause teams problems. So many times this season we have built the play up slowly and allowed teams to get back in numbers.

Whilst I don’t doubt the efforts of Kitching and Andrew, we look a far better team without them in (in my opinion so far, only a few games). Having a back 5 gives us the strength at the back to not need defensive minded midfielders or strikers - and it’s paying off.
Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:21 - Mar 11 with 2699 viewsrochdaleriddler

Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:09 - Mar 11 by Swissdale

The introduction of Humprhys and Inman in the last few games makes a big difference to the way we play. Both are far more natural footballers than Andrew and Kitching respectively, which means they need far less time to get the ball out of their feet and act on what to do next. This means we can counter attack at pace, and cause teams problems. So many times this season we have built the play up slowly and allowed teams to get back in numbers.

Whilst I don’t doubt the efforts of Kitching and Andrew, we look a far better team without them in (in my opinion so far, only a few games). Having a back 5 gives us the strength at the back to not need defensive minded midfielders or strikers - and it’s paying off.

True, just a pity it's taken 3/4 of a season to work out the best way to play

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:34 - Mar 11 with 2654 viewsColDale

Binman isn't rubbish. on 00:24 - Mar 11 by Daley_Lama

The team is much better because.

Rafferty at FB rather then midfield
Big Jim at CH
Matt Done as wing-back rather than winger
Delaney
5 at the back
Camps having a tiger alongside in Cannon
Hendo up front rather than midfield

Inman wasn’t terrible in the team when we were losing by the odd goal.

Inman wasn’t a world beater today when we won by the odd goal
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 0:26]

We've gone a lot more attacking at corners too. Two games in the trot now where when we have a corner, McGahey is our furthest player back yet is still halfway inside their half. Even when winning 1-0. Always seemed we attacked corners defensively this season (if that makes sense).
Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:56 - Mar 11 with 2557 viewsDaley_Lama

I hadn’t from recollection seen Big Jim up for a corner until he did it at Wembley. Perhaps that ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity changed that

Or it might be that with the addition of Delaney and absence of Calvin, these two are now our height and threat. Again, might be my perception but we seem less insecure at defensive corners as well.

Praise can be given to Inman (he wasn’t pants previously) or Cannon or Humphreys rightly, but the season changed for me when Big Jim and Calvin were put back in the team for the second of the two Doncaster matches. He is the rock that our upturn is built on.

No doubt he will drop a 2016/2017 clanger on Tues now!

Poll: DF in or out

Binman isn't rubbish. on 13:35 - Mar 11 with 2270 viewsalderleydale

Binman isn't rubbish. on 09:09 - Mar 11 by Swissdale

The best post I have read in the last 12 mths
Binman isn't rubbish. on 16:45 - Mar 11 with 2029 viewsShun

I've always been a fan of Inman. Even when we were playing poorly he was never our worst player. He always looked dangerous offensively but his defensive side was non-existent. The crucial difference now is he's playing in a three-man midfield as opposed to on the wing like earlier in the season, so he has more protection, meaning he can show his natural attacking talents more.
Login to get fewer ads

Binman isn't rubbish. on 17:03 - Mar 11 with 1993 views1907

Inman arrived as a CAM, Hill has played him as a winger all season...

He plays him in his natural position for two games and we see a major impact
Binman isn't rubbish. on 17:48 - Mar 11 with 1911 viewsboromat

Binman isn't rubbish. on 17:03 - Mar 11 by 1907

Inman arrived as a CAM, Hill has played him as a winger all season...

He plays him in his natural position for two games and we see a major impact

Although when he came he said his preferred position was out on the left....

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Binman isn't rubbish. on 19:20 - Mar 11 with 1759 viewsBoss_Hog

Binman isn't rubbish. on 17:48 - Mar 11 by boromat

Although when he came he said his preferred position was out on the left....

There was a thread a few months ago about the need to revert to 3-5-2 and play Henderson as a striker. Last season with Hendo in midfield our record was appalling, this year the same but the new formation allows us to get the best out of certain key players and Henderson is arguably the most important of them all. He brings energy, leads from the front and crucially knows how to play the game and football at our level. Henderson is a massive part of our team but he needs to play as a striker or in a front two somehow.

Changing to 3-5-2 has also benefitted:
McNulty - Cannot play in a 2 but a 3 gives him freedom

Wing-Backs - Rafferty had been poor in a back four all season, give him a license to attack and introduce a much needed new left-sided player (Done) and we look revitalised

Cannon - Unbeliavable to think he couldn't get in our side for months. Could play in so many positions to be fair, but he's blossomed in a midfield 3

Camps - With energy around him in Cannon and Kitching, he has flourished. Looking back to his best.

Allied to this we have introduced key members to the team.

Humphreys - Has power and the ability to score. Lots still to learn but has more of a goal threat than Calvin in my opinion.

Delaney - Pure defender, needed alongside Jim and takes no prisoners.

We are still a very long way from rescuing a poor season but the signs of recovery are there. Mahoosive games againt Fleetwood and AFC Wimbledon coming up, beat them both and lots of teams above us will start to worry about the run in.

Up The Dale!
Binman isn't rubbish. on 23:31 - Mar 11 with 1490 viewsJimmyRustler

Whilst KH deserves a fair portion of the blame with regards to how we've set up previously this season, he deserves a lot of credit for finally getting it right. I think our recent upturn in form shows just how wrong we were getting it up until now and illustrates the obvious value in playing players in their rightful positions. KH also deserves a huge pat on the back for bringing Humphreys and Delaney into the fold as well (I'll reserve judgement on the other signings until/if I see more of em)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024