Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere at Spotland 17:27 - Mar 12 with 4003 viewscon_dale

I know this has been done time after time but Keith has praised the fans at Rotherham and asked for more ar home.
Just a thought but why not on Tuesday close the sandy and everyone will be in the pearl street, that should make a good atmosphere with all the singers together.
Go5 to be worth a try?
Atmosphere at Spotland on 17:53 - Mar 12 with 3937 views442Dale

The reason it’s been done over and over with no resolution is because people don’t want to move from the stand they’re in. As it is, we now have fans behind both goals who are capable of making noise during both halves. The atmosphere is as good as it will get on our crowds.

Home crowds are usually less vociferous, Rotherham illustrated this on Saturday even with the run they’re on. It’s been more obvious this season because, since the turn of the year, we’ve seen some good atmospheres away from home at Doncaster and Millwall in the Cup and again on Saturday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Atmosphere at Spotland on 17:59 - Mar 12 with 3915 viewsrochdale_ranger

I would sing but I would be on my own in the main stand. I don’t think we are really a club that get carried away or do vociferous atmospheres.
Atmosphere at Spotland on 19:15 - Mar 12 with 3773 viewsrochdaleriddler

Atmosphere at Spotland on 17:59 - Mar 12 by rochdale_ranger

I would sing but I would be on my own in the main stand. I don’t think we are really a club that get carried away or do vociferous atmospheres.

399 did ok on Saturday , we need to find a way of getting an organised singing section, the main stand does an occasional dayul

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Atmosphere at Spotland on 19:21 - Mar 12 with 3756 views49thseason

I bought a season ticket for the Sandy Lane End because I hate sitting down at matches. And having sat in the main stand occasionally I detest the lack of leg room, I hate getting cold knees and it drives me crackers when I am subjected to the inane ramblings of Mr. and Mrs. Gormless and their umpteen kids from the row behind, one giving a running commentary comprising that latest catchphrases from MOTD, the other trying to update her farcebook and two of the kids kicking the back of my seat and the one next to it. If the COA ever becomes permanent all sitting it will be time for me to start doing jigsaws and going to Pilates sessions.
Atmosphere at Spotland on 19:54 - Mar 12 with 3661 viewsdale1968

Been stood in the Sandy 44 years..
No Sandy=Stay At Home for me.

As the song went
I was born in the sandy lane...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Atmosphere at Spotland on 20:30 - Mar 12 with 3584 viewsoff2div1

Sick of people wanting to close Sandy.Close Pearl st instead.
Atmosphere at Spotland on 21:42 - Mar 12 with 3440 viewswimborne_dale

They could re-model Peal St so that there is standing at the lower half and seats in the upper half.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Atmosphere at Spotland on 21:49 - Mar 12 with 3423 viewspaulscho

Atmosphere at Spotland on 19:15 - Mar 12 by rochdaleriddler

399 did ok on Saturday , we need to find a way of getting an organised singing section, the main stand does an occasional dayul

Just put the 399 in one place,they made a very large noise on Saturday.
Exceptional support,proud to be a Dale fan...
#Greatescape

livinginadalewonderland

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere at Spotland on 22:06 - Mar 12 with 3372 viewsDaleiLama

Can't we just leave Sweetmore's mic open? The roar will be deafening all game then!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Atmosphere at Spotland on 23:34 - Mar 12 with 3232 viewssweetcorn

No thanks.. we chose sandy for a reason..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Atmosphere at Spotland on 10:47 - Mar 13 with 2869 viewstony_roch975

Atmosphere at Spotland on 19:15 - Mar 12 by rochdaleriddler

Main Stand's got much better in last 10 years - more positive shouts, applauding players off pre match & subs warming up during game. Folk there might not know (or want to sing the lyrics of) all songs but the rhythmic applause, dayul, Up the Dale during the Spurs game really worked. It's not just the singers being together, sometimes it feels like the home crowd (including the usual singers) is more expectant and tense and sing less than they do away - that could be disastrous in the last part of the great escape.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Atmosphere at Spotland on 11:38 - Mar 13 with 2780 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’ve done stints in the Sandy and the WMG over the years. I’m a bit older now and just want to concentrate on the game. The view from the main stand can’t be beaten. I do occasionally go into the pearl st when I make a day of it and go on the piss with the lads but perspective of a football match is skewed when watched from behind a goal in my opinion. I would however sit in the Willbutts lane end if it was open to home fans. We own the ground now let’s use the Spurs money to get a bar built in there like studds and move home fans in.
Atmosphere at Spotland on 11:50 - Mar 13 with 2759 viewsDaleiLama

Atmosphere at Spotland on 10:47 - Mar 13 by tony_roch975

Main Stand's got much better in last 10 years - more positive shouts, applauding players off pre match & subs warming up during game. Folk there might not know (or want to sing the lyrics of) all songs but the rhythmic applause, dayul, Up the Dale during the Spurs game really worked. It's not just the singers being together, sometimes it feels like the home crowd (including the usual singers) is more expectant and tense and sing less than they do away - that could be disastrous in the last part of the great escape.

Don't away fans try to make more noise though, to compensate for their fewer numbers? Hence the taunt heard at lots of grounds - "you're supposed to be at home?" Add in the average age of home fans and the empty seats and it all contributes.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Atmosphere at Spotland on 14:45 - Mar 13 with 2550 viewsValleySaddler

Atmosphere at Spotland on 10:47 - Mar 13 by tony_roch975

Nail hit firmly on the head.
Tonight’s all about cheering clapping whatever to make a noise.
It’s also about keeping the negativity down.
These 3 games are huge so let’s play our part irrespective of where we sit or stand..
UpTheDale...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024