Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Southend home 18:50 - Mar 13 with 18706 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Southend home on 12:56 - Mar 14 with 3138 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 09:08 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

And you should know, as should others after Davies' recent publicity, that it's nothing to do with lack of professionalism. But don't let that stop you trying to raise cheap laughs by criticising him

There's nothing cheap about expecting a footballer to get physically fit. Match fitness, especially when carrying an injury, is another matter but the least you can do is give yourself the best possible chance
Match thread: Southend home on 13:14 - Mar 14 with 3073 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread: Southend home on 12:56 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

There's nothing cheap about expecting a footballer to get physically fit. Match fitness, especially when carrying an injury, is another matter but the least you can do is give yourself the best possible chance

If the club felt it was an issue, would they not be dealing with it?
Match thread: Southend home on 13:29 - Mar 14 with 3037 viewsD_Alien

And you know, i assume, that he's not trying hard enough?

Highly unlikely, i'd suggest, given that he's put himself at great risk by taking to the field without a medical aid (skull protection) to enable him to have a greater chance of scoring?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Southend home on 13:30 - Mar 14 with 3029 viewsdingdangblue

Maybe he's just big boned?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Southend home on 13:35 - Mar 14 with 3015 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 13:29 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

And you know, i assume, that he's not trying hard enough?

Highly unlikely, i'd suggest, given that he's put himself at great risk by taking to the field without a medical aid (skull protection) to enable him to have a greater chance of scoring?

dalenumber 2 - Well they obviously didn't see it as an issue with Logan so I can't see them being arsed about this either. The fact they're probably not bothered is just a extension of the unprofessionalism we've seen throughout the club recently

D_Alien - Yes I do know this. Sticking to a eating plan and doing basic exercise isn't difficult for the average joe, nevermind for a professional a footballer whose fitness should be of the utmost importance to his livelihood. There's really no excuse for it - he was blowing out of his arse after 10 minutes last night and it's just not acceptable in my eyes, especially when you've seen Humphreys absolutely run his balls off when he was on the pitch (age has no bearing on this either)
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 13:37]
Match thread: Southend home on 13:46 - Mar 14 with 2971 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Southend home on 13:35 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

dalenumber 2 - Well they obviously didn't see it as an issue with Logan so I can't see them being arsed about this either. The fact they're probably not bothered is just a extension of the unprofessionalism we've seen throughout the club recently

D_Alien - Yes I do know this. Sticking to a eating plan and doing basic exercise isn't difficult for the average joe, nevermind for a professional a footballer whose fitness should be of the utmost importance to his livelihood. There's really no excuse for it - he was blowing out of his arse after 10 minutes last night and it's just not acceptable in my eyes, especially when you've seen Humphreys absolutely run his balls off when he was on the pitch (age has no bearing on this either)

Ignore D alien he comes across as a pernicious old woman sometimes. Your not living in the twilight zone your not wrong in expecting a footballer to not be fat in this day and age.
Match thread: Southend home on 14:04 - Mar 14 with 2927 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 13:35 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

Whilst it's perfectly clear to anyone who watches Dale that Davies isn't match fit, and probably hasn't been so since he joined us, it's also pretty clear that his record of injuries is extensive enough to prevent him from following the normal training routine

Indeed, why would the manager not require him to do so, unless he was unable to do due to ongoing physical issues which are being carefully managed? Diet alone wouldn't compensate for this

It really is pretty cheap to suggest the reason for his lack of match fitness is due to any unprofessionalism on his part, or that of the manager

Lack of professionalism within the backroom workings of the club is an entirely separate issue, and it does your argument no favours to link the two

[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:05]

Match thread: Southend home on 14:06 - Mar 14 with 2922 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 13:46 - Mar 14 by rochdale_ranger

Ignore D alien he comes across as a pernicious old woman sometimes. Your not living in the twilight zone your not wrong in expecting a footballer to not be fat in this day and age.

Or, as in your case, a pernicious old man? Sexism at it's worst!

Also, no substitute for a valid argument, based on facts, not dumb bar-room tripe
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:08]

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Southend home on 14:06 - Mar 14 with 2919 viewsrochdale_ranger

Speaking of porkers did anybody else clock the Southend physio.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:15]
Match thread: Southend home on 14:14 - Mar 14 with 2889 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 14:04 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

Whilst it's perfectly clear to anyone who watches Dale that Davies isn't match fit, and probably hasn't been so since he joined us, it's also pretty clear that his record of injuries is extensive enough to prevent him from following the normal training routine

Indeed, why would the manager not require him to do so, unless he was unable to do due to ongoing physical issues which are being carefully managed? Diet alone wouldn't compensate for this

It really is pretty cheap to suggest the reason for his lack of match fitness is due to any unprofessionalism on his part, or that of the manager

Lack of professionalism within the backroom workings of the club is an entirely separate issue, and it does your argument no favours to link the two

[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:05]

I've already said that match fitness and physical fitness are two different things, especially if someone's carrying an injury...you must have missed that part.

If you can't train properly for one reason or another then you adjust your diet accordingly. Being physically overweight as a professional sportsmen is textbook unprofessionalism.

Once again, I'm not talking about match fitness here - I'm talking about physical condition. I didn't even bring up the 'backroom workings of the club', I was merely replying to dalenumber2. However, if we do have a sports science department then it disappoints me that we aren't doing more. As I've said, the Logan scenario was even more astounding and when you look at pictures of him now, you can clearly see that Mansfield thought his physical fitness was an issue. Why didn't we?
Match thread: Southend home on 14:19 - Mar 14 with 2863 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 14:14 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

I've already said that match fitness and physical fitness are two different things, especially if someone's carrying an injury...you must have missed that part.

If you can't train properly for one reason or another then you adjust your diet accordingly. Being physically overweight as a professional sportsmen is textbook unprofessionalism.

Once again, I'm not talking about match fitness here - I'm talking about physical condition. I didn't even bring up the 'backroom workings of the club', I was merely replying to dalenumber2. However, if we do have a sports science department then it disappoints me that we aren't doing more. As I've said, the Logan scenario was even more astounding and when you look at pictures of him now, you can clearly see that Mansfield thought his physical fitness was an issue. Why didn't we?

To even spend 5 minutes on a football pitch at L1 level you have to be physically fit, so there's no question that he's not

Look at the run he made to get on the end of the chance against Spurs, after laying the ball off to Done. That takes basic physical fitness. I don't care if you think he was "blowing" last night, your opinion counts for little when you go out of your way to try to make cheap jokes and innuendo about his eating habits

He simply doesn't deserve the rubbish you and ranger throw at him

And if that makes me pernicious, either male, female or any alternative, bring it on

[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:21]

Match thread: Southend home on 14:31 - Mar 14 with 2836 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Southend home on 14:19 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

To even spend 5 minutes on a football pitch at L1 level you have to be physically fit, so there's no question that he's not

Look at the run he made to get on the end of the chance against Spurs, after laying the ball off to Done. That takes basic physical fitness. I don't care if you think he was "blowing" last night, your opinion counts for little when you go out of your way to try to make cheap jokes and innuendo about his eating habits

And if that makes me pernicious, either male, female or any alternative, bring it on

Ok then what we see with our own eyes is wrong, while we are at it Logan ( as talented as he was) was never obese either. I’ll keep my opinions, basic truisms and so called sexism and save them for the bar room where the common folk knock about.

What alternative is there to being male or female by the way?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:33]
Match thread: Southend home on 14:48 - Mar 14 with 2795 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 14:19 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

The reason he only generally spends little more than 5 minutes on the pitch is because he ISN'T physically fit.

I hope you're being facetious with your comments there. I know plenty of guys fatter than him who can run for a good 20 seconds at full speed - it's what happens after which determines whether they're physically fit. You know, recovery time and all that?

He was blowing last night and that's not an opinion, it's a fact. If you're overweight as a professional footballer you deserve to be taken to task (that's an opinion, see the difference?). As for the 'cheap jokes and innuendo', I know, what a monster I am right?
Match thread: Southend home on 17:07 - Mar 14 with 2641 views1907

We had more than enough chances to have that game done with by half time. Unfortunately it appears that at home, if we go in ag HT 0-0 then the other team regroups and we aren’t capable of breaking them down. The substitutions absolutely killed the game, as soon as Humphrys went off we did very little in the final third.
Match thread: Southend home on 17:18 - Mar 14 with 2622 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 14:31 - Mar 14 by rochdale_ranger

Ok then what we see with our own eyes is wrong, while we are at it Logan ( as talented as he was) was never obese either. I’ll keep my opinions, basic truisms and so called sexism and save them for the bar room where the common folk knock about.

What alternative is there to being male or female by the way?
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 14:33]

I do wish people could at least disagree with the point that's being made, rather than their own version of what they think is at issue

No-one is seeing Davies in any way other than how he actual is. The point at issue is - why? In answering both you & JR, i'm seeking to make the very simple point that Davies is hardly likely to be making any less effort to be as fit as his body allows him to be, given than he was prepared to risk his skull for the sake of being more effective on the pitch

For you, JR or anyone to make what really are very cheap jibes about him under those circumstances, goes to show how low you'll stoop in your efforts to not be proven mistaken, and in which you've failed

If you really want to make a useful contribution to the Davies debate, why don't you get in touch with him, via the club, and ask him why he's unable to train to the level that would keep him looking acceptable in your eyes? Much better than continuing to make cheap, uninformed jibes

Match thread: Southend home on 19:14 - Mar 14 with 2483 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Southend home on 13:30 - Mar 14 by dingdangblue

Maybe he's just big boned?

I hope we're not going back to the goal celebration vs Rovrum with that comment?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Southend home on 19:35 - Mar 14 with 2430 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Southend home on 19:14 - Mar 14 by DaleiLama

I hope we're not going back to the goal celebration vs Rovrum with that comment?

It was Walsall - I know...so many wins lately it's hard to keep track!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Southend home on 19:53 - Mar 14 with 2396 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Southend home on 19:35 - Mar 14 by dingdangblue

It was Walsall - I know...so many wins lately it's hard to keep track!

Chuckle

Match thread: Southend home on 20:03 - Mar 14 with 2378 viewsColDale

It's clear that when Humphrys comes off, we lose something. Davies might have the fresh legs, but our tempo completely vanishes when Humphrys goes off and its massively detrimental to the way we are currently playing. We saw it at Walsall where we saw an immediate shift in power and in my book the same happened again last night. It's almost like we need to be a goal in front before Humphrys comes off. Might be optimistic in thinking we could get Humphrys long term in the Summer, but I'd imagine we'd be after someone with the same mobility. He's done well but the whole team seem able to play on the front foot with him in there compared with SD or CA.
Match thread: Southend home on 20:29 - Mar 14 with 2330 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Southend home on 20:03 - Mar 14 by ColDale

It's clear that when Humphrys comes off, we lose something. Davies might have the fresh legs, but our tempo completely vanishes when Humphrys goes off and its massively detrimental to the way we are currently playing. We saw it at Walsall where we saw an immediate shift in power and in my book the same happened again last night. It's almost like we need to be a goal in front before Humphrys comes off. Might be optimistic in thinking we could get Humphrys long term in the Summer, but I'd imagine we'd be after someone with the same mobility. He's done well but the whole team seem able to play on the front foot with him in there compared with SD or CA.

Very true col,hes a class player,it does appear there's some truth in the rumour he's not "allowed" to play a full 90mins by his parent club though?
Match thread: Southend home on 21:04 - Mar 14 with 2265 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Southend home on 20:29 - Mar 14 by nordenblue

Very true col,hes a class player,it does appear there's some truth in the rumour he's not "allowed" to play a full 90mins by his parent club though?

Bring him off in the 89th min.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 9:07]

Match thread: Southend home on 21:38 - Mar 14 with 2201 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Southend home on 21:04 - Mar 14 by dingdangblue

More double entendres than a carry on script

Match thread: Southend home on 21:44 - Mar 14 with 2185 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Southend home on 21:04 - Mar 14 by dingdangblue

As well as he's played for us I still think thats excessive on a football pitch....
Match thread: Southend home on 23:40 - Mar 14 with 2069 viewsThe_Knightowl

Match thread: Southend home on 20:03 - Mar 14 by ColDale

Match thread: Southend home on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 1825 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Southend home on 17:18 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

I do wish people could at least disagree with the point that's being made, rather than their own version of what they think is at issue

No-one is seeing Davies in any way other than how he actual is. The point at issue is - why? In answering both you & JR, i'm seeking to make the very simple point that Davies is hardly likely to be making any less effort to be as fit as his body allows him to be, given than he was prepared to risk his skull for the sake of being more effective on the pitch

For you, JR or anyone to make what really are very cheap jibes about him under those circumstances, goes to show how low you'll stoop in your efforts to not be proven mistaken, and in which you've failed

If you really want to make a useful contribution to the Davies debate, why don't you get in touch with him, via the club, and ask him why he's unable to train to the level that would keep him looking acceptable in your eyes? Much better than continuing to make cheap, uninformed jibes

Not being able to train being the reason for him being fat is a non-starter..

If you can’t train, you eat less, its basic nutrition ffs..

There is no excuse for him being in the shape that he’s in, when he’s apparently a professional athlete.. why then when others come back from long term injury lay-offs are they not fat and round like davies? Simple answer, they act professionally and limit their calorie intake when there work outs will be less intense.

I’ve seen facebook posts of 50 year old women who lose 2 stone through slimming world, without exercising. Davies is only in the shape he is, because he wants to be, it’s really that sinple.

To keep yourself fit is the least someone who is paying your services as an athlete can expect.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024