Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Southend home 18:50 - Mar 13 with 18744 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Southend home on 16:56 - Mar 15 with 2854 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 11:04 - Mar 15 by sweetcorn

Not being able to train being the reason for him being fat is a non-starter..

If you can’t train, you eat less, its basic nutrition ffs..

There is no excuse for him being in the shape that he’s in, when he’s apparently a professional athlete.. why then when others come back from long term injury lay-offs are they not fat and round like davies? Simple answer, they act professionally and limit their calorie intake when there work outs will be less intense.

I’ve seen facebook posts of 50 year old women who lose 2 stone through slimming world, without exercising. Davies is only in the shape he is, because he wants to be, it’s really that sinple.

To keep yourself fit is the least someone who is paying your services as an athlete can expect.

Once again, an example of someone answering what they think is the issue rather than what's been written in plain English

Where, for instance, did I say he was unable to train? I simply said he'd be able to train to the extent that his body allowed him to

Davies has a history of injuries which have blighted his career, and but for which he'd be turning out at a higher level than Dale. Accumulative injuries take their toll, and the type of high-intensity work he'd possibly need to get into the shape that'd be more acceptable to the eyes of those with closed minds might well be beyond him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Southend home on 19:16 - Mar 15 with 2709 viewsFalingeParka

I think it's not fair to describe posters asking why Steven Davies cannot for whatever reason get fit enough to play a half of football for us as abusing the player. It's a legitimate question.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 20:04 - Mar 15 with 2634 viewsFalingeParka

"Accumulative injuries take their toll, and the type of high-intensity work he'd possibly need to get into the shape that'd be more acceptable to the eyes of those with closed minds might well be beyond him "

Now THAT is a BELTER! ;)

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 20:39 - Mar 15 with 2575 viewsfinberty

I'm in full agreement with D'Alien on this one.

Who bothered whether he was 'blowing' when he equalised against Spurs? Who criticised his fitness then?

At least one published interview with Davies listed a shocking litany of injury - cruciate ligaments, fractured skull being three separate ones for starters. And despite the fractured skull, and even as the Spurs fans sang in tribute to Ryan Mason, Davies was charging headlong into the fray, skull completely unprotected against centre backs' elbows, to score for Dale.

Having such a 'blowing' striker turned out to net the club a further windfall.

Some people on here are only happy to stick the boot in.

To question the man's commitment does him a massive, massive disservice.
Match thread: Southend home on 21:06 - Mar 15 with 2521 viewsFalingeParka

Fine Finberty. I'm no doctor and I suspect neither are you. I doubt the lad is risking his life or serious injury playing re the the fractured skull though. If that's really the case then we shouldn't let the lad play.

I don't think anyone is sticking the boot in or questioning the player's commitment, or indeed his talent. And there's the point. The guy can finish like no-one else in the squad. Now, you tell me, what is going on here? Either he can be a pro footballer or he can't.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 21:57 - Mar 15 with 2464 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Southend home on 20:39 - Mar 15 by finberty

I'm in full agreement with D'Alien on this one.

Who bothered whether he was 'blowing' when he equalised against Spurs? Who criticised his fitness then?

At least one published interview with Davies listed a shocking litany of injury - cruciate ligaments, fractured skull being three separate ones for starters. And despite the fractured skull, and even as the Spurs fans sang in tribute to Ryan Mason, Davies was charging headlong into the fray, skull completely unprotected against centre backs' elbows, to score for Dale.

Having such a 'blowing' striker turned out to net the club a further windfall.

Some people on here are only happy to stick the boot in.

To question the man's commitment does him a massive, massive disservice.

We are at the wrong end of the table and our only goal scoring outlet Can't keep out of the pie hut. Its cute having a fat keeper that can save three and four penalty on the trot when your League standing is fairly good. Its not so good when your near the bottom and your striker Can't keep his weight down.
Match thread: Southend home on 22:13 - Mar 15 with 2440 viewsmoth5368

Match thread: Southend home on 21:06 - Mar 15 by FalingeParka

Fine Finberty. I'm no doctor and I suspect neither are you. I doubt the lad is risking his life or serious injury playing re the the fractured skull though. If that's really the case then we shouldn't let the lad play.

I don't think anyone is sticking the boot in or questioning the player's commitment, or indeed his talent. And there's the point. The guy can finish like no-one else in the squad. Now, you tell me, what is going on here? Either he can be a pro footballer or he can't.

I think his commitment is exactly what is being questioned. And unless anyone knows the full facts they should STFU.
Match thread: Southend home on 22:20 - Mar 15 with 2429 viewsFalingeParka

We have no idea whether Davies eats this way or trains that way Ranger. We really don't. I don't know the bloke. But it IS fair to ask as fans, and on a fans forum, which is for us and not the club, what the situation is with him. It's gone on for ages.

ColonelHall

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Southend home on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 2416 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Southend home on 22:13 - Mar 15 by moth5368

I think his commitment is exactly what is being questioned. And unless anyone knows the full facts they should STFU.

I think the pie-eating and exercise comments are being made out of frustration. The 'full facts' are that our most gifted striker can't play. This forum is entitled to question that without being called names or asked to STFU.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 23:47 - Mar 15 with 2333 viewsrochdale_ranger

Summed it up perfectly really. I dont know why people are taking it so personally.
Match thread: Southend home on 07:53 - Mar 16 with 2206 viewsDale2017

I'm sorry but being injury plagued is no excuse for the shape he is in. There are plenty of other higher profile cases of players being constantly injured and unable to regularly train and you don't see them getting into that condition. As soon as they are cleared to play they are in shape to come back into the team.

It's down to him to take care of himself away from football and it doesn't look like he is doing that.

And for the poster who said nobody complained when he scored against Spurs. That point is totally irrelevant. He is paid on a weekly basis to do a job for the football club. So fans are right to question why he's unable to get in a position to make an impact for the 46 league games we play.
I appreciate he picks up knocks regularly but it seems to add a few weeks on his recovery time each time by having to get in any shape to make a small cameo appearance.
Match thread: Southend home on 12:03 - Mar 16 with 2092 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 07:53 - Mar 16 by Dale2017

I'm sorry but being injury plagued is no excuse for the shape he is in. There are plenty of other higher profile cases of players being constantly injured and unable to regularly train and you don't see them getting into that condition. As soon as they are cleared to play they are in shape to come back into the team.

It's down to him to take care of himself away from football and it doesn't look like he is doing that.

And for the poster who said nobody complained when he scored against Spurs. That point is totally irrelevant. He is paid on a weekly basis to do a job for the football club. So fans are right to question why he's unable to get in a position to make an impact for the 46 league games we play.
I appreciate he picks up knocks regularly but it seems to add a few weeks on his recovery time each time by having to get in any shape to make a small cameo appearance.

Don't you know that it's not possible to lose weight by simply eating healthily and nothing else? Unless you're taking part in some sort of marine like ultra high intensity workout then you're stuck with that extra timber I'm afraid. Must be a real blow for weight watchers type programs and for all of those out there trying to better themselves. It's honestly a good job I frequent this forum - where else would I find these pearls of wisdom?
Match thread: Southend home on 12:39 - Mar 16 with 2025 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Southend home on 22:13 - Mar 15 by moth5368

Precisely, and this rubbish about "it's fair to ask the question" would be less rubbish if those questioning his commitment were prepared to put the question to Davies, through club channels available on the OS, as I've suggested

Until they do so, they really should STFU

Match thread: Southend home on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 1962 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Southend home on 12:39 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

Precisely, and this rubbish about "it's fair to ask the question" would be less rubbish if those questioning his commitment were prepared to put the question to Davies, through club channels available on the OS, as I've suggested

To suggest that our/my concerns are less valid simply because we/I haven't directly contacted the player in question just about sums you up.

Bottom line - professional footballer is overweight. Professional footballer should never be overweight regardless of circumstance. The end. There you go, I've wrapped it all up a neat little package for you. I've no doubt that you'll somehow re-frame it and move the goalposts as you often do when you have no other valid retort
Match thread: Southend home on 13:29 - Mar 16 with 1962 viewsrochdaleriddler

So is that the way everyone who has a query should operate? I wonder why Humphreys was taken off the other night, should I email Russ Green, or catch KH outside the ground tomorrow. It's a nonsense, and I wouldn't get an answer. If I was a player and a fan asked me why I was fat I would tell them to do one. If I was a player and I couldn't get game time because someone who is clearly unfit was always ahead of me in the pecking order I would be looking for a move , or questioning my abilities

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Southend home on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 1922 viewsmoth5368

Here's my opinion for what it's worth.
Ask all the questions you want but don't think that you are entitled to a reply. Some things, especially regarding people's health really are none of your business.
Don't make judgements about other peoples lifestyles unless you are in full possession of the facts.
Don't start questioning somebodies professionalism, attitude or commitment unless you know them enough to back it up with evidence.
Understand that there are people in better positions to make a judgement on these things, including Keith Hill and the club, who continue to employ and play Davies.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 13:46]
Match thread: Southend home on 14:21 - Mar 16 with 1869 viewssweetcorn

Some of the posts on this thread are comical.. exercise isn’t the be all and end all of weight loss, he could quite easily lose weight whilst injured.

Also have i missed the part where every part of davies body was injured or something? You can still exercise when injured. Hamstring injury? Well then do an upper body work out, its not rocket science ffs.

One last thing, requesting we ask davies himself is one of the best things i’ve seen on here for a while, im done.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 14:22]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Southend home on 14:34 - Mar 16 with 1847 viewsD_Alien

Without replying to anyone in particular, Davies isn't being subject to a question, but having his professional integrity dragged through the mud

People say it "shouldn't be taken personally" WTF? You're being extremely personal, about him

Continue to do so, and i'll continue to call you out on it

I'm not done

Match thread: Southend home on 14:37 - Mar 16 with 1840 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Southend home on 14:34 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

Without replying to anyone in particular, Davies isn't being subject to a question, but having his professional integrity dragged through the mud

People say it "shouldn't be taken personally" WTF? You're being extremely personal, about him

I'm not done

Okay, lets start again, davies is quite out of shape, he looks like the sort of lads i play against on a sunday morning..

What possible reason is there for him being so out of shape?

Match thread: Southend home on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 1724 viewsFalingeParka

That's ridiculous frankly. We should be writing to players individually/be in a dialogue with them, before we should discuss them, respectfully or not in your opinion, on a forum? Get out of it dude.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 19:05 - Mar 16 with 1637 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Southend home on 17:19 - Mar 16 by FalingeParka

That's ridiculous frankly. We should be writing to players individually/be in a dialogue with them, before we should discuss them, respectfully or not in your opinion, on a forum? Get out of it dude.

I don’t think I’ve heard the word dude since Keanu Reeves was one half of Bill and Ted.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Southend home on 19:09 - Mar 16 with 1632 viewsfinberty

Three questions then Parka.
1. Do you suspect what I do for a living or just guessing wildly? It's a rhetorical question.
2. Who scored the equaliser against Spurs?
3. Did you cheer, or did you grumble that some fat park lad who is unfit got it, and on principle you turned your back?

Supplementary questions:
4. Why are you so critical - would you have preferred him to miss?
Match thread: Southend home on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 1546 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Southend home on 19:09 - Mar 16 by finberty

1. Do you suspect what I do for a living or just guessing wildly? It's a rhetorical question.
3. Did you cheer, or did you grumble that some fat park lad who is unfit got it, and on principle you turned your back?

Supplementary questions:

1. Yawn.
2. First game Davies, replay Humphreys.
3. I went bananas on both - why on earth would I not.
4. Yawn.
Read the thread - it cannot be made any clearer that all are on side with hoping Davies can be the footballer, for us or another club, that he has the potential to be. No-one in this thread, as far as I've understood it, are being critical of his personality.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 20:57]

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 21:30 - Mar 16 with 1488 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Southend home on 14:34 - Mar 16 by D_Alien

I'm not done

That's your trouble. ;)

ColonelHall

Match thread: Southend home on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 1460 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Southend home on 19:09 - Mar 16 by finberty

Supplementary questions:

So because he scored that goal against Spurs we should all ignore the fact he's rather unfit and incapable of completing 90 minutes?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024