Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ref 23:22 - Mar 17 with 2579 viewsmikehunt

Tell you what naffed me off about the ref today: As people mentioned, it felt as though we should have had a bit more additional time but at the end of the time we did have they got a throw in. Their guy faffed around for ten or fifteen seconds, didn’t throw the ball and the ref blew up. What was that about?! Not massively significant in the grand scheme of things but pointless having time added if you can waste it by not playing. I saw something similar last season when the added time was swallowed up treating an injury.
If football is to dip into rugby for VAR then perhaps it should adopt the independent timer and only run the clock when the ball is in play.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The Ref on 00:43 - Mar 18 with 2488 viewsscarrow

I thought the ref had a good game but he did make a mistake with the added time second half. I thought it was 30 seconds per substitution which would have been 2mins 30 and extras on top. It’d have only got to around 4 but you never know...

Poll: Final position

The Ref on 01:12 - Mar 18 with 2473 viewsDaley_Lama

It’s tough being a ref.

He missed a great save and gave a goal-kick in the first half which got the TDS hackles up.

Once you’ve lost an audience it’s hard to win them back. Next up was a bit of contact on Cannon, no pen. The seated ones were baying by then.

His approach to all decisions was to smile at whoever complained. Novel approach.
He missed a corner for them second half too, giving a goal kick as he didnt have 360 vision.

My petty whinge is about HT.

15:48 players went off
16:06 Dale came out
16:08 Ref came out
16:08 Wombles wombled out
16:09 kick off

21 minutes? No wonder he cut it short at the end

Poll: DF in or out

The Ref on 08:58 - Mar 18 with 2316 viewsdingdangblue

The Ref on 01:12 - Mar 18 by Daley_Lama

It’s tough being a ref.

He missed a great save and gave a goal-kick in the first half which got the TDS hackles up.

Once you’ve lost an audience it’s hard to win them back. Next up was a bit of contact on Cannon, no pen. The seated ones were baying by then.

His approach to all decisions was to smile at whoever complained. Novel approach.
He missed a corner for them second half too, giving a goal kick as he didnt have 360 vision.

My petty whinge is about HT.

15:48 players went off
16:06 Dale came out
16:08 Ref came out
16:08 Wombles wombled out
16:09 kick off

21 minutes? No wonder he cut it short at the end

We all have a go at Deli Alli for going down too easy but their player went down after minimal contact from Hendo in the 1st half (and Hendo got booked) and they got a free kick. A similar body check on Cannon who stayed on his feet resulted in us not getting a foul and penalty. The added time at the end was a joke. 2 mins? Jim was injured for at least 2 mins and then you have the substitutions and the keepers blatant time wasting tactics. It was an infuriating afternoon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Ref on 09:29 - Mar 18 with 2259 viewsBartRowou

Did he only add on a minute for the subs because they were both double subs? I can't remember exactly but didn't they bring on two at the same time (30 seconds) and us two at the same time (30 seconds)? One minute for Jim's injury and that's your two minutes.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The Ref on 14:08 - Mar 18 with 2009 viewsboromat

To be fair to the ref it was freezing yesterday

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The Ref on 14:56 - Mar 18 with 1937 viewsJimmyRustler

Something needs to be done about the time-wasting from goalkeepers. I thought the lad on Tuesday was bad but Long eclipsed that yesterday.
The Ref on 15:07 - Mar 18 with 1920 viewsDaley_Lama

The Ref on 14:56 - Mar 18 by JimmyRustler

Something needs to be done about the time-wasting from goalkeepers. I thought the lad on Tuesday was bad but Long eclipsed that yesterday.

I had the lad on Tuesday down as worse myself, he was awesome at it.

Poll: DF in or out

The Ref on 15:26 - Mar 18 with 1896 viewsBartRowou

If we're 1-0 up in time allowed on Tuesday and it goes out for a goal-kick, would you rather a) Lillis sprint to get it and smack it up the field or b) Lillis dawdle over, put it on the line, replace it, clap his hands a few times, shout to the defenders and then launch it?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

The Ref on 15:33 - Mar 18 with 1887 views442Dale

The Ref on 15:26 - Mar 18 by BartRowou

If we're 1-0 up in time allowed on Tuesday and it goes out for a goal-kick, would you rather a) Lillis sprint to get it and smack it up the field or b) Lillis dawdle over, put it on the line, replace it, clap his hands a few times, shout to the defenders and then launch it?

Exactly. And he does just that.

Took ages after gathering a cross at Rotherham, to the point I thought the ref might remember the six seconds rule. We're not much different to everyone else when the need arises.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Ref on 15:58 - Mar 18 with 1837 viewsJimmyRustler

These keepers were doing at absolutely every opportunity when their respective teams weren't even ahead in the game. I would obviously rather Lillis waste time if we're winning with a few minutes to go but I would expect him to be cautioned if he repeatedly took the piss. I don't remember either the Southend or Wimbledon keeper being booked...please do correct me if I'm wrong though
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 16:16]
The Ref on 16:30 - Mar 18 with 1792 viewsdingdangblue

No I expect any keeper waste time in 'time allowed' - not though in the 12th min,16th min,22nd min,30th min,38th min,44th min,50th min...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 16:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024