Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we win on Tuesday 14:06 - Mar 19 with 5618 viewsrochdaleriddler

Karl Robinson in today's Times said it was very difficult to break Fleetwood down as they put 11 players behind the ball. We need to be thinking how we are to do that.
Also the Times highlighted our record of 14 goals at home. The worst in league one.
Also good feature on how plymouth have gone from bottom to 6th in 100 days

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:43 - Mar 19 with 3730 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A bit like bury,you look at Fleetwood's squad and wonder why they are struggling (Paddy Madden, Hiwula, Conor McAleny, and our old boys Eastham and Winker Grant)

Don't think they will be a pushover.......but neither were Rovrum and Warsaw

Get at them.
Will we win on Tuesday on 15:02 - Mar 19 with 3691 viewsDaleiLama

Will we win on Tuesday on 14:43 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

A bit like bury,you look at Fleetwood's squad and wonder why they are struggling (Paddy Madden, Hiwula, Conor McAleny, and our old boys Eastham and Winker Grant)

Don't think they will be a pushover.......but neither were Rovrum and Warsaw

Get at them.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the get at 'em approach, we have to put the chances we create away. We got at the Wombles but still only got a point. Much like trawlers, we need bulging nets to survive, not good intentions.

Watching highlights of that Spurs semi, it reaffirmed how dangerous they can be from outside the box as well as in it. We have been less than prolific (impotent would be a bit harsh, unless we do go down) from any distance this year, but it's not that long ago that we scored quite a few long range efforts. Is it just my imagination or has this season been much lighter on such spectacular goals? (Cannon's was from outside the box on Saturday, but it had plenty of help). I'm not advocating a shoot on sight approach, but I hope that KH is hammering home the message about having a pop when the target looms into view.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:16 - Mar 19 with 3657 viewsJimmyRustler

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:02 - Mar 19 by DaleiLama

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the get at 'em approach, we have to put the chances we create away. We got at the Wombles but still only got a point. Much like trawlers, we need bulging nets to survive, not good intentions.

Watching highlights of that Spurs semi, it reaffirmed how dangerous they can be from outside the box as well as in it. We have been less than prolific (impotent would be a bit harsh, unless we do go down) from any distance this year, but it's not that long ago that we scored quite a few long range efforts. Is it just my imagination or has this season been much lighter on such spectacular goals? (Cannon's was from outside the box on Saturday, but it had plenty of help). I'm not advocating a shoot on sight approach, but I hope that KH is hammering home the message about having a pop when the target looms into view.

I'd be appalled and quite frankly angry if we don't see Dobre at some stage tomorrow night. His willingness to run at defenders and actually have a dig could be the difference against a team who are planning to put all 10 men behind the ball. Personally, I'd start him ahead of Inman as opposed to bringing him on later when we are chasing a goal. I think scoring the first goal will be vital to our chances and if we go in front, it will mean that Fleetwood have to come out and that will surely suit our style of play.
Will we win on Tuesday on 16:52 - Mar 19 with 3502 viewsDaleiLama

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:16 - Mar 19 by JimmyRustler

I'd be appalled and quite frankly angry if we don't see Dobre at some stage tomorrow night. His willingness to run at defenders and actually have a dig could be the difference against a team who are planning to put all 10 men behind the ball. Personally, I'd start him ahead of Inman as opposed to bringing him on later when we are chasing a goal. I think scoring the first goal will be vital to our chances and if we go in front, it will mean that Fleetwood have to come out and that will surely suit our style of play.

Agree. Inman has been ok, but his corners are very predictable not troubling the keeper at all. We need unpredictable and a spark. Don't think we'll see it though sadly. He may come on as a sub?

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:12 - Mar 19 with 3448 viewsD_Alien

Could be partly to do with Camps playing deeper this year. Although doing a decent job in that role, i think it takes something away from us not having him lurking in the attacking half except at set pieces

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:15 - Mar 19 with 3430 viewsDaleiLama

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:12 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

Could be partly to do with Camps playing deeper this year. Although doing a decent job in that role, i think it takes something away from us not having him lurking in the attacking half except at set pieces

Indeed - neither he nor Camps seem to be finding themselves in shooting position outside the box as often. No one is going on runs like Mendez did (except Dobre). Also, Humphreys seems to be looking to take free kicks off Callum too? Made a fair first of the one he took Saturday.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 17:17]

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:28 - Mar 19 with 3391 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Will we win on Tuesday on 17:15 - Mar 19 by DaleiLama

Indeed - neither he nor Camps seem to be finding themselves in shooting position outside the box as often. No one is going on runs like Mendez did (except Dobre). Also, Humphreys seems to be looking to take free kicks off Callum too? Made a fair first of the one he took Saturday.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 17:17]

Have -a -go -Humphrys........had his FK that hit the upright gone in we would PROBABLY gone on to win on Saturday......fine margins.

Having a decent pop does get the fans going too........"Shooooooot"
Will we win on Tuesday on 17:39 - Mar 19 with 3365 viewsShun

Kitching scored two late longish-range efforts from similar areas against Doncaster and someone else earlier in the season. Since then though I agree that we seem to have stopped even attempting it from that range, Saturday notwithstanding. Every match I hear someone shout out, "Stop trying to walk it into the bloody net!", and they're frustratingly right.
Login to get fewer ads

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:18 - Mar 19 with 3274 viewsboromat

I don't understand the call from everyone to put Dobre in. Yes he looks a real talent and looks like offensively he could offer something but he also looks very naive and could quite easily upset the solidity we've got at the moment. Dobre for me should only be an impact player at the moment until he gets to grips with the not so glamourous side of the game.

I should also point out this is from very limited minutes I've seen of him. Hill will have seen much more.

I can see us either playing the same team or Kitching coming in for Inman who has been ok but not tearing up trees. Personally I'd like to see Rathbone come in for Inman after a spell on the sidelines he should be raring to go.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:39 - Mar 19 with 3231 viewsJimmyRustler

Will we win on Tuesday on 18:18 - Mar 19 by boromat

I don't understand the call from everyone to put Dobre in. Yes he looks a real talent and looks like offensively he could offer something but he also looks very naive and could quite easily upset the solidity we've got at the moment. Dobre for me should only be an impact player at the moment until he gets to grips with the not so glamourous side of the game.

I should also point out this is from very limited minutes I've seen of him. Hill will have seen much more.

I can see us either playing the same team or Kitching coming in for Inman who has been ok but not tearing up trees. Personally I'd like to see Rathbone come in for Inman after a spell on the sidelines he should be raring to go.

Hill seems to lament the fact that that Dobre isn't very adept at tracking back and yet at the same time, is quite happy to play Inman who defensively is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. I think Kitching was unfortunate to lose his place in the team but replacing Inman with him or Rathbone seems a little too negative in a must win game...maybe that's just me though
Will we win on Tuesday on 18:49 - Mar 19 with 3187 viewsDaleiLama

For me, it's wanting to try something a bit different on the basis that keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of madness, or however the saying goes. Admittedly it's a statistically small sample size, but we've played 4 L1 games at home in 2018. We've scored 2 goals in those. On that basis, we have to keep clean sheets to get 2 wins and 2 draws. If we start conceding goals we're in real trouble in terms of points return from those games.

It could also be argued that we didn't have the same side all the time, so the theory doesn't wash. If he is good at running at defences and scaring them a little, however, and he does enough to score, play someone through or even draw a foul/pen with a dribbling run which leads to a goal, that goal may just free us up to get one or two more.

If he's pants, he could always be subbed in the second half with fresh legs. Personally, I think there may be more upside than downside, but if Hilly doesn't think that, I won't lose any sleep over it.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 19:19]

Will we win on Tuesday on 19:00 - Mar 19 with 3161 viewsboromat

I don't think we're that far off at the moment. We're creating enough chances to win games while being solid enough at the back. It's a balance we've not had all season and I think Hill will be reluctant to rock the boat too much.

Looking forward to tomorrow massive game!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Will we win on Tuesday on 21:40 - Mar 19 with 2947 viewsrochdaleriddler

Err we score a goal a game , we need to win a lot of games at home, we've just dropped four against struggling opposition

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Will we win on Tuesday on 21:53 - Mar 19 with 2907 viewsD_Alien

Will we win on Tuesday on 19:00 - Mar 19 by boromat

I don't think we're that far off at the moment. We're creating enough chances to win games while being solid enough at the back. It's a balance we've not had all season and I think Hill will be reluctant to rock the boat too much.

Looking forward to tomorrow massive game!

You're right about the balance of the side

If we're keeping to 352 (and it'd be daft not to) then starting with Dobre alongside Humphrys would mean Hendo dropping back into a midfield role which really would be a nonsense

If we're not ahead in the game by midway through the second half though, at least give Dobre 20-25 minutes rather than leaving it too late, when decision-making (should i shoot or look for a better-placed team-mate?) goes out the window

Will we win on Tuesday on 23:11 - Mar 19 with 2780 viewsJimmyRustler

Will we win on Tuesday on 21:53 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

You're right about the balance of the side

If we're keeping to 352 (and it'd be daft not to) then starting with Dobre alongside Humphrys would mean Hendo dropping back into a midfield role which really would be a nonsense

If we're not ahead in the game by midway through the second half though, at least give Dobre 20-25 minutes rather than leaving it too late, when decision-making (should i shoot or look for a better-placed team-mate?) goes out the window

Dobre isn't a striker and so would be a straight swap for Inman in our current system.
Will we win on Tuesday on 23:33 - Mar 19 with 2742 viewsD_Alien

Will we win on Tuesday on 23:11 - Mar 19 by JimmyRustler

Dobre isn't a striker and so would be a straight swap for Inman in our current system.

Fair point, JR

Will we win on Tuesday on 00:06 - Mar 20 with 2695 viewsJimmyRustler

Will we win on Tuesday on 23:33 - Mar 19 by D_Alien

Fair point, JR

It does happen every now and again
Will we win on Tuesday on 00:11 - Mar 20 with 2687 viewsdingdangblue

Will he be allowed to play? He's in the Romania U21 squad.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlecsStam/status/974668102414864389/photo/1

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Will we win on Tuesday on 00:12 - Mar 20 with 2686 viewsD_Alien

Will we win on Tuesday on 00:06 - Mar 20 by JimmyRustler

It does happen every now and again

That's your 2018 allocation used up

Wasted mine on 1 January

Will we win on Tuesday on 07:07 - Mar 20 with 2579 viewsaleanddale

Vital we keep chipping away at the 20th place deficit.

5 points behind.

2 behind this time tomorrow would be perfect but if its a draw and 4 points that would not be the end of our season. it would just make Saturday look a whole lot tougher.

Draw tonight followed by a win at Scunthorpe and we are very much still in with a chance.

Important we show patience in spades later and really be the 12th man.

Up The Dale!!!!
Will we win on Tuesday on 08:02 - Mar 20 with 2521 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will we win on Tuesday on 07:07 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

Vital we keep chipping away at the 20th place deficit.

5 points behind.

2 behind this time tomorrow would be perfect but if its a draw and 4 points that would not be the end of our season. it would just make Saturday look a whole lot tougher.

Draw tonight followed by a win at Scunthorpe and we are very much still in with a chance.

Important we show patience in spades later and really be the 12th man.

Up The Dale!!!!

It is absolutely imperative we win tonight against a team just above us in the last place of safety, why will it be ok to draw tonight and win sat? That means if Fleetwood win Saturday, we won't have gained on them. I'm sick of drawing games we should be winning, early goal tonight and I reckon we win by three

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:32 - Mar 20 with 2473 viewsTVOS1907

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:02 - Mar 20 by rochdaleriddler

It is absolutely imperative we win tonight against a team just above us in the last place of safety, why will it be ok to draw tonight and win sat? That means if Fleetwood win Saturday, we won't have gained on them. I'm sick of drawing games we should be winning, early goal tonight and I reckon we win by three

Agree, we can’t keep hoping for conditional results.

However, it’s Fleetwood v Northampton on Saturday, which is something of a six-pointer.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:44 - Mar 20 with 2445 viewsrochdaleriddler

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:32 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

However, it’s Fleetwood v Northampton on Saturday, which is something of a six-pointer.

Let's hope that's a draw with three sending some off for each team

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:59 - Mar 20 with 2422 viewsdingdangblue

Will we win on Tuesday on 08:32 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

Thats a brilliant fixture for us should we win tonight and Northampton lose. We would hope that Fleetwood v Northampton draw.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Will we win on Tuesday on 10:13 - Mar 20 with 2323 viewsoff2div1

Will we win on Tuesday on 15:16 - Mar 19 by JimmyRustler

Keith this Dobre don't play him he's not going to track back, pass pass pass till the cows come home, he's going to shoot and try to score, take on players in and around the box. Plays a bit like that luxury player Patrick McCourt(who played for some tin pot club in Scotland).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024