Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youth Team 10:26 - Apr 5 with 9049 viewsisitme

With the season nearly over I was wondering if any youth team players are likely to be offered professional contracts?

Youth Team on 11:20 - Apr 5 with 5990 viewsboromat

Chances have been few and far between for Gillam, Morley and Adshead so I think it might be difficult for anyone to get a contract this time. Obviously Adshead is younger. Think the only chance is if Gillam or Morley get released. Could be wrong and maybe the other option is to start an U23s team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Youth Team on 11:45 - Apr 5 with 5946 viewsDale23years

Youth Team on 11:20 - Apr 5 by boromat

Chances have been few and far between for Gillam, Morley and Adshead so I think it might be difficult for anyone to get a contract this time. Obviously Adshead is younger. Think the only chance is if Gillam or Morley get released. Could be wrong and maybe the other option is to start an U23s team.

the young right back will be offered a new contract for deffo class player and on par with Adshead for potential.
There is also forward who could be offered a contact, seen him training with first team before now at soccer factory.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Youth Team on 11:54 - Apr 5 with 5927 viewsmacro

Isn't it only the ones who are at the end of their 2 year apprenticeship who would be offered deals. Adshead and the forward aren't in that category.
Youth Team on 12:06 - Apr 5 with 5893 viewsisitme

I believe the full back is even younger than Adshead. It is good to have some talent coming through. I thought the young Irish lad Kearney might have made it. He has been highly spoken of in the past.
Youth Team on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 5851 viewsDale27

Youth Team on 12:06 - Apr 5 by isitme

I believe the full back is even younger than Adshead. It is good to have some talent coming through. I thought the young Irish lad Kearney might have made it. He has been highly spoken of in the past.

The right back is a year younger than Dan, and very highly regarded by Chris Brown etc.
Youth Team on 12:32 - Apr 5 with 5832 viewsScunnydale

With reference to Morley's situation, do you think Hill's quick to give some of the younger lads a taste of the first team, then put them back away from the limelight? Last season, Morley seemed to be in and around the first-team squad but has kind of been replaced by Adshead this season.

I seem to recall Camps and especially Cannon were treated this way too.

Is it a plan to give the youngsters a taste of the first team, but then test their mental fortitude by taking them back to the youth team?

If it is a plan and Morley and Adshead turn out like Camps and Cannon, I'll be more than happy.
Youth Team on 12:51 - Apr 5 with 5785 views100notout

Youth Team on 12:32 - Apr 5 by Scunnydale

With reference to Morley's situation, do you think Hill's quick to give some of the younger lads a taste of the first team, then put them back away from the limelight? Last season, Morley seemed to be in and around the first-team squad but has kind of been replaced by Adshead this season.

I seem to recall Camps and especially Cannon were treated this way too.

Is it a plan to give the youngsters a taste of the first team, but then test their mental fortitude by taking them back to the youth team?

If it is a plan and Morley and Adshead turn out like Camps and Cannon, I'll be more than happy.

I would say given the situation we're in i.e. threatened with relegation, he's probably preferred to play the more experienced players - not an ideal situation to throw in the youngsters imho

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Youth Team on 13:20 - Apr 5 with 5718 viewsScunnydale

Youth Team on 12:51 - Apr 5 by 100notout

I would say given the situation we're in i.e. threatened with relegation, he's probably preferred to play the more experienced players - not an ideal situation to throw in the youngsters imho

Absolutely, but with Camps and Cannon before them, it seems like this is a pre-planned move. I'm probably reading too much into coincidences though.
Login to get fewer ads

Youth Team on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 5563 viewsShun

Youth Team on 13:20 - Apr 5 by Scunnydale

Absolutely, but with Camps and Cannon before them, it seems like this is a pre-planned move. I'm probably reading too much into coincidences though.

I agree with you, I seem to remember him doing the same with Camps and Cannon. I’d be surprised if both Morley and Adshead didn’t make it as they’ve both looked so comfortable at this level. Although, so did Tanser initially.

As for the youth players I think Matheson is the right back mentioned. Not sure about the forward. I think the centre back Ward is rated quite highly too.
Youth Team on 22:05 - Apr 5 with 5378 viewsDiddyDave

Watched a bit of the SPL the other week,there was a Tanser playing for St.Johnstone I think,is he the ex Rochdale player?
Youth Team on 22:17 - Apr 5 with 5363 viewsD_Alien

Youth Team on 22:05 - Apr 5 by DiddyDave

Watched a bit of the SPL the other week,there was a Tanser playing for St.Johnstone I think,is he the ex Rochdale player?

Yes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Youth Team on 08:13 - Apr 6 with 5206 viewsupthedale

Youth Team on 16:18 - Apr 5 by Shun

I agree with you, I seem to remember him doing the same with Camps and Cannon. I’d be surprised if both Morley and Adshead didn’t make it as they’ve both looked so comfortable at this level. Although, so did Tanser initially.

As for the youth players I think Matheson is the right back mentioned. Not sure about the forward. I think the centre back Ward is rated quite highly too.

To be fair did Tanser come into the first team and then stay there?

Perhaps that's the case that Hill has learnt from, Tanser looked great initially as you say.
Youth Team on 09:51 - Apr 6 with 5109 viewsKnowlesy

I liked the look of Tanser and I wouldn't exactly say that his career has gone to pot since leaving, think he's made 20-odd appearances in the SPL. It used to be that our youth team cast offs turned out for Ramsbottom or whoever.

I reckon Morley still has a place in the squad but for me it seems like Hill is so excited by Adshead that he gets the nod now that he's actually old enough to play, and really he can't afford at the moment to have a 16 year OLD AND a 17/just turned 18 year old.
Youth Team on 09:52 - Apr 6 with 5106 viewsKnowlesy

Youth Team on 09:51 - Apr 6 by Knowlesy

I liked the look of Tanser and I wouldn't exactly say that his career has gone to pot since leaving, think he's made 20-odd appearances in the SPL. It used to be that our youth team cast offs turned out for Ramsbottom or whoever.

I reckon Morley still has a place in the squad but for me it seems like Hill is so excited by Adshead that he gets the nod now that he's actually old enough to play, and really he can't afford at the moment to have a 16 year OLD AND a 17/just turned 18 year old.

I reckon it might also be partly down to not wanting to 'do a Diba'. Hill said about jonny diba that his development stalled completely because he wasnt playing any football for the youths due to being on the bench every week for the first team. I reckon he's learnt lessons from that and Morley regularly does well in the youth team who are flying this season.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 12:26]
Youth Team on 09:54 - Apr 6 with 5102 viewsfitzochris

Youth Team on 09:51 - Apr 6 by Knowlesy

Tanser is currently negotiating an extension to his one-year deal.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2018 9:54]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Youth Team on 22:57 - Apr 10 with 4710 viewsShun

I’ve just been reading about the youth team’s 10th win in a row and another fabulous season from the youngsters. A lot’s been made of the huge potential of Adshead, Morley and Matheson and their names crop up as star players in almost every match report, but other players such as Neil Kuemo, Fabio Tavares and Florent Hoti seem to consistently play well too. Can anyone who goes to watch the youth team games shed any light on any of our future stars? Are any besides the first 3 mentioned likely to make it?
Youth Team on 23:01 - Apr 10 with 4689 viewsSaxonDale

Youth Team on 22:57 - Apr 10 by Shun

I’ve just been reading about the youth team’s 10th win in a row and another fabulous season from the youngsters. A lot’s been made of the huge potential of Adshead, Morley and Matheson and their names crop up as star players in almost every match report, but other players such as Neil Kuemo, Fabio Tavares and Florent Hoti seem to consistently play well too. Can anyone who goes to watch the youth team games shed any light on any of our future stars? Are any besides the first 3 mentioned likely to make it?

Great to hear- thanks for the positive news, Shun.
Youth Team on 23:12 - Apr 10 with 4646 viewsKnowlesy

That Neild seems to score every week from centre half too. He's fairly young I think (maybe only 16?) so reckon he might have a bright future. Never seen em play a full game though. At one point this season I felt like I should sack the first team off and following the under 18s instead...!
Youth Team on 12:15 - Apr 11 with 4460 viewsboromat

The only thing that surprises me this season is that Morley and Gillam didn't get much game time in the checkatrade. Maybe that was because of the rules and there being more of a need to give squad players games but some more game time in that competition early on could have seen us using them in the second half of the season instead of bringing in so many loan players to sit on the bench. I hope they do get to stay and get a chance to break into the first team. I think if we go down they've got a good chance.

Youth Team on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 4449 viewsDaleFan7

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Tavares given a chance in the Checkatrade or something next year. He seems to know where the net is, be interesting to see how he'd cope with the step up, when ready.
Youth Team on 12:50 - Apr 11 with 4413 viewsDickydaler

I know Hilly has made every effort to promote Adshead this season but I still think Morley is the better of the two. (Not sure whether Morley is a year older and has had the benefit of another years growth and coaching) I went to yesterdays match v Walsall and, although it was a relatively comfortable game for the Dale, Morley hardly put a foot wrong. His ability to find space, accept a pass and make intelligent passes was the highlight for me. After saying that, the step up to the rigours of first team football is huge.
Youth Team on 13:17 - Apr 11 with 4360 viewsboromat

Youth Team on 12:50 - Apr 11 by Dickydaler

I know Hilly has made every effort to promote Adshead this season but I still think Morley is the better of the two. (Not sure whether Morley is a year older and has had the benefit of another years growth and coaching) I went to yesterdays match v Walsall and, although it was a relatively comfortable game for the Dale, Morley hardly put a foot wrong. His ability to find space, accept a pass and make intelligent passes was the highlight for me. After saying that, the step up to the rigours of first team football is huge.

Good to hear. Morley has always looked assured when he has appeared in the first team and definitely strong enough. For me he could be a very similar player to Matty Lund but that's on my limited experience of seeing him. Adshead shows his age more and although maybe technically better isn't as strong yet.

Youth Team on 13:21 - Apr 11 with 4352 viewsDickydaler

I enjoy watching Dales youth team whenever I can and am always surprised that more Daleys don't go. The quality on show over the last three or four years is so much improved on the years before, and I put that down to the raised profile of the club and its academy.

I know this isn't going to answer your question Shun, but the players you have mentioned are effective players in this present team; as are a number of other players. Whether any can make it in first team football, only the coaches who watch them every day know that.
Youth Team on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 3998 viewsShun

12 wins in a row now. Goals in the most recent win came from Kuemo and Hooper.
Youth Team on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 3850 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Youth Team on 15:58 - Apr 21 by Shun

12 wins in a row now. Goals in the most recent win came from Kuemo and Hooper.

What are they doing Tuesday neet?.........Get them to bring their boots.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024