Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham h 18:48 - Apr 17 with 19323 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham h on 21:52 - Apr 17 with 3333 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson needs to give his head a wobble. Hope itā€™s in his contract that he takes a wage cut if we go down. May be a great ambassador off the pitch but not having his goal threat may cost us.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread: Oldham h on 21:53 - Apr 17 with 3322 views442Dale

Match thread: Oldham h on 21:50 - Apr 17 by Luke8686

Did we? We've struggled against the poorer teams in this league at home lately with Hendo in the side. We just don't have the creativity up front to open up teams who come to Spotland for a point.

Heā€™s our top scorer. They were struggling to cope at the back and I think weā€™d all rather have him in the team than not.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 3154 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oldham h on 21:51 - Apr 17 by SandyDrum

Just said to my mates, Henderson's red card will be the reason we go down IF we go down. Hopefully not.

We missed him dearly tonight.

The amount of times the ball dropped into the number 10 area of the pitch and there was NOBODY there to pick it up, exactly where Hendo would have been.

3 or 4 times we just needed someone to take a shot and we've got a bunch of players in the midfield who have only scored a handful of goals in their careers lacking the confidence to score.

Frustrating, but we're now a point closer to Walsall and Oxford! Keep going lads!

Yes we missed him, but our lack of goals all season will be what relegates us, if we go down

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:05 - Apr 17 with 3119 viewsShun

Easy to see why Oldham are struggling - they looked really poor at the back. We could and should have won that one easily. I can see the next three games following a similar pattern though unfortunately. We are where we are not because we donā€™t create enough chances, but because we donā€™t put enough of them away.
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:09 - Apr 17 with 3067 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:05 - Apr 17 by Shun

Easy to see why Oldham are struggling - they looked really poor at the back. We could and should have won that one easily. I can see the next three games following a similar pattern though unfortunately. We are where we are not because we donā€™t create enough chances, but because we donā€™t put enough of them away.

Would be good to know why Davies didnā€™t feature and how long heā€™s likely not to.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:12 - Apr 17 with 3020 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:09 - Apr 17 by fitzochris

Would be good to know why Davies didnā€™t feature and how long heā€™s likely not to.

Strained pie muscle?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:16 - Apr 17 with 2946 viewsfrenzied

As it stands our goal difference means its still just about in our hands"......
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:20]
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 2935 viewsColDale

Thought we gave everything tonight.

We weren't helped by the lengthy delay to the penalty, and I thought the disallowed goal was questionable to say the least but from start to finish we gave it our all, and no one should be despondent after that.

The late goal against Oxford means this isn't the worst result in the world by a long way. Should we have won? Well their failure to have a shot on goal tells its own story, and I thought Oldham did well to avoid a second yellow card. They'll be complaining at the card count but there wasn't one which wasn't worthy.

Heads up, bring on Bradford.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 2929 viewsDaleFan7

That game was worrying. Oldham were poor without a shot on target. We had all the play but in truth, apart from the penalty we never looked like scoring for all the chances we created.

The 3 points were massive on Saturday but the red card may prove bigger. Without Hendo and the disappearance of Davies we have Done on 5 goals, then Calvin and Inman on 3. You really have to wonder where they are going to come from now.
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:19 - Apr 17 with 2891 viewsnordenblue

Tbf he's probably due another injury
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:21 - Apr 17 with 2870 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:19 - Apr 17 by nordenblue

Tbf he's probably due another injury

Would be good to know though, eh?

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:23 - Apr 17 with 2831 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:17 - Apr 17 by ColDale

We weren't helped by the lengthy delay to the penalty, and I thought the disallowed goal was questionable to say the least but from start to finish we gave it our all, and no one should be despondent after that.

The late goal against Oxford means this isn't the worst result in the world by a long way. Should we have won? Well their failure to have a shot on goal tells its own story, and I thought Oldham did well to avoid a second yellow card. They'll be complaining at the card count but there wasn't one which wasn't worthy.

The penalty was a hopeless attempt by Rafferty. The disallowed goal looked correct from the Main Stand, with the ref immediately blowing for a foul by Calvin.
Hendo would probably have made the difference tonight , as we played some good stuff with little composure in front of goal.
Calvin, Inman and Rathbone our stand out players.

Overall, we should have won easily, against as poor a team as we have faced all season.

Hope the Latics fan gets a long ban for trying to attack the ref. Lots of reports of trouble from the Biffo's once again. Why can't they behave ?
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:24 - Apr 17 with 2817 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:17 - Apr 17 by ColDale

I'm sure the ref signalled for a goal? Didn't look a foul - just a keeper back pedalling for a ball he couldn't reach and colliding with Calvin. We needed that break tonight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 2761 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

I'm sure the ref signalled for a goal? Didn't look a foul - just a keeper back pedalling for a ball he couldn't reach and colliding with Calvin. We needed that break tonight.

The referee immediately blew for a free kick, it looked like he gave it but it was whistle in mouth pointing towards our half for a free kick.

Wasn't a foul to me from about 10 yards away.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:39 - Apr 17 with 2663 viewsJames1980

Re Raff taking the penalty perhaps he is second best at taking them in training after Hendo.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:42 - Apr 17 with 2591 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:39 - Apr 17 by James1980

Re Raff taking the penalty perhaps he is second best at taking them in training after Hendo.

I didn't think he was going to score - he looked more and more terrified as he waited for the whistle.
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:44 - Apr 17 with 2539 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

He blew for a foul straight away.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:49 - Apr 17 with 2445 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:39 - Apr 17 by James1980

If he is, weā€™re in trouble.

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:51 - Apr 17 with 2410 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:49 - Apr 17 by fitzochris

If he is, weā€™re in trouble.

Maybe this was an off day

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:51 - Apr 17 with 2403 viewsD_Alien

The difference between two pretty average teams tonight was their keeper, and not just the penalty save. His handling under pressure was top class and tbf he must've had a lot of practice this season

Overall, a fair result. I didn't think Latics were unduly defensive and it was a decent enough game for a pressurised derby. No qualms about Raff not scoring. He took it on and it's up to others to take that responsibility if they think they can do better

Best move of the match was their pitch invader going for ref, missing and sliding into their own player, a definite yellow

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:55 - Apr 17 with 2353 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Oldham h on 20:26 - Apr 17 by fitzochris

No Hendo. No Davies. No chance.

Canā€™t fault the performance, the effort and Iā€™m not even that disappointed with the result. Despite all of that, Iā€™m actually now more nervous about our chances than before the game (or before I found out Davies was not involved). Without both of them I do wonder if we now have enough goals to get out of this.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:56]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:56 - Apr 17 with 2332 views49thseason

It looked to be as though the referee gave the goal and the linesman overuled it.

The penalty was a farce, keeping the players waiting for no apparent reason was certain to hand the advantage to the keeper. Having said that having a fullback take the penalty says more about our so called attackers than Rafferty.. If Andrew, Done and Inman dont have the confidence to step up and take the resposibility, its clear why we struggle to score goals. I dont think this game will define the season but the problem of not having a genuine goalscoring frontman probably will.
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:58 - Apr 17 with 2299 viewsoddjob007

No Davues, Henderson or Dobre = no creativity.

Why was Thompson left on for so long? We may have well as played with 10 men for 20 mins in the second half - he was knackered.
Match thread: Oldham h on 22:59 - Apr 17 with 2281 viewsrochdaleriddler

Be good to know about Davies, Dobre Knott, and a whole multitude of things, did we appeal hendo' card. But this is Rochdale , so we aren't getting told. The tone of the match was set by their managent throwing the ball away early on when we had a throw in, they were a dirty niggly team, with obnoxious fans. I hope they go down

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:00 - Apr 17 with 2271 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:55 - Apr 17 by BigDaveMyCock

Canā€™t fault the performance, the effort and Iā€™m not even that disappointed with the result. Despite all of that, Iā€™m actually now more nervous about our chances than before the game (or before I found out Davies was not involved). Without both of them I do wonder if we now have enough goals to get out of this.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:56]

I actually made that comment in relation to the penalty, but the wider point is a concern for sure.

Our flair player Dobre has seemingly been dropped for not tracking back. I know heā€™s predominantly a winger, but I bet heā€™d do alright in that No.10 position while Hendo is missing. Couldnā€™t hurt to try it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 23:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024