Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham h 18:48 - Apr 17 with 19325 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:04 - Apr 17 with 2960 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:51 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

The difference between two pretty average teams tonight was their keeper, and not just the penalty save. His handling under pressure was top class and tbf he must've had a lot of practice this season

Overall, a fair result. I didn't think Latics were unduly defensive and it was a decent enough game for a pressurised derby. No qualms about Raff not scoring. He took it on and it's up to others to take that responsibility if they think they can do better

Best move of the match was their pitch invader going for ref, missing and sliding into their own player, a definite yellow

[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 22:53]

Looked like a professional foul to me.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:04 - Apr 17 with 2956 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:59 - Apr 17 by rochdaleriddler

Be good to know about Davies, Dobre Knott, and a whole multitude of things, did we appeal hendo' card. But this is Rochdale , so we aren't getting told. The tone of the match was set by their managent throwing the ball away early on when we had a throw in, they were a dirty niggly team, with obnoxious fans. I hope they go down

We did at least get told about the appeal... just before the team was announced.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:05 - Apr 17 with 2937 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:04 - Apr 17 by fitzochris

We did at least get told about the appeal... just before the team was announced.

Tbf, nothing was going to be announced earlier as it would have possibly helped inform Oldham's selection and tactics.

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:07 - Apr 17 with 2923 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:56 - Apr 17 by 49thseason

It looked to be as though the referee gave the goal and the linesman overuled it.

The penalty was a farce, keeping the players waiting for no apparent reason was certain to hand the advantage to the keeper. Having said that having a fullback take the penalty says more about our so called attackers than Rafferty.. If Andrew, Done and Inman dont have the confidence to step up and take the resposibility, its clear why we struggle to score goals. I dont think this game will define the season but the problem of not having a genuine goalscoring frontman probably will.

"No apparent reason", apart from probably having to compose himself and go through the correct protocol after some loon had attempted to attack him on the pitch.

And the referee blew straight away for the disallowed goal; the linesman wasn't involved.

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:15 - Apr 17 with 2826 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:44 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

He blew for a foul straight away.

It looked like he'd signaled towards the centre spot from our end - couldn't hear the whistle above the noise from the Sandy. 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:21 - Apr 17 with 2773 viewsdalelee

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:07 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

"No apparent reason", apart from probably having to compose himself and go through the correct protocol after some loon had attempted to attack him on the pitch.

And the referee blew straight away for the disallowed goal; the linesman wasn't involved.

Bury 0-0
MK Dons 0-0
Northampton 2-2
Oldham 0-0
Wimbledon 1-1
Walsall 1-1
Oxford 0-0
Fleetwood 0-2
Blackpool 1-2

If we do go home it's obvious that it's down to our inability to beat fellow strugglers at home.
Match thread: Oldham h on 23:21 - Apr 17 with 2769 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:15 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

It looked like he'd signaled towards the centre spot from our end - couldn't hear the whistle above the noise from the Sandy. 😉

He was pointing for an Oldham free-kick.

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:45 - Apr 17 with 2624 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:23 - Apr 17 by dawlishdale

The penalty was a hopeless attempt by Rafferty. The disallowed goal looked correct from the Main Stand, with the ref immediately blowing for a foul by Calvin.
Hendo would probably have made the difference tonight , as we played some good stuff with little composure in front of goal.
Calvin, Inman and Rathbone our stand out players.

Overall, we should have won easily, against as poor a team as we have faced all season.

Hope the Latics fan gets a long ban for trying to attack the ref. Lots of reports of trouble from the Biffo's once again. Why can't they behave ?

From the highlights it appears that the disallowed goal doesn't look so clear-cut, but that Thompson was looking to get the penalty.

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-oldham/375575
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:50 - Apr 17 with 2592 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:45 - Apr 17 by D_Dale

From the highlights it appears that the disallowed goal doesn't look so clear-cut, but that Thompson was looking to get the penalty.

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-oldham/375575

Absolutely nobody disputed the penalty? Thompson knocked the ball past Gerrard and got kicked - cast iron. Calvin challenging for the ball with the keeper looks 50/50 to me - as we see week in week out some refs give it - some don't. Anyway here's an upbeat Hilly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064mfgq

And Wellens thought we were good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064mfy3
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 23:54]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Oldham h (n/t) on 06:22 - Apr 18 with 2331 viewsfitzochris

[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 7:03]

Match thread: Oldham h on 07:03 - Apr 18 with 2239 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Oldham h on 23:05 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Tbf, nothing was going to be announced earlier as it would have possibly helped inform Oldham's selection and tactics.

Yes, I wouldn’t expect otherwise. Going off Riddler’s post it seemed he hadn’t seen the news, though.

The ongoing lack of info regarding other players remains frustrating.

Match thread: Oldham h on 07:52 - Apr 18 with 2106 viewspioneer

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:56 - Apr 17 by 49thseason

It looked to be as though the referee gave the goal and the linesman overuled it.

The penalty was a farce, keeping the players waiting for no apparent reason was certain to hand the advantage to the keeper. Having said that having a fullback take the penalty says more about our so called attackers than Rafferty.. If Andrew, Done and Inman dont have the confidence to step up and take the resposibility, its clear why we struggle to score goals. I dont think this game will define the season but the problem of not having a genuine goalscoring frontman probably will.

Agreed - whether it be confidence or courage, its pretty pathetic that penalty taking is left to the fullback.

Lack of leadership anyone?
Match thread: Oldham h on 08:08 - Apr 18 with 2062 viewsBartRowou

Match thread: Oldham h on 07:52 - Apr 18 by pioneer

Agreed - whether it be confidence or courage, its pretty pathetic that penalty taking is left to the fullback.

There are plenty of examples of a team's full-back being the penalty taker: Pearce, Irwin, Neal, Aleander and others.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:18 - Apr 18 with 2038 views442Dale

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:08 - Apr 18 by BartRowou

There are plenty of examples of a team's full-back being the penalty taker: Pearce, Irwin, Neal, Aleander and others.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a spurious argument.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:39 - Apr 18 with 1998 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:08 - Apr 18 by BartRowou

Seem to remember Blackburns penalty taker is a centre half,again not that "normal"
Match thread: Oldham h on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 1981 viewsdingdangblue

He missed - it happens but we really needed it to go in. Like I said last night,the way Placide was jumping around so much it was obvious he was diving. It takes bottle to put a pen down the middle but that's where it should have gone. The one thing I would say is Raff isn't a regular goalscorer or penalty taker in games so it did seem a strange choice. Personally ahead of him should have been Calvin, Camps or Inman who at least have scored goals and are players who are regularly in scoring positions during games. The way Raff approached the ball it looked like his body shape was to place it to the keepers left (Raff's right) - he didn't disguise his intentions in any way and that probably comes with not being in that position regularly. I really hope it isn't critical but these last few weeks we don't seem to be getting any luck you'd expect if you are going to avoid relegation, injury time goals conceded, penalty missed and top scorer sent off missing 4 games - just hope we get at least 1 win from these next 2 home games preferably Saturday.

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:00 - Apr 18 with 1951 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:48 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

He missed - it happens but we really needed it to go in. Like I said last night,the way Placide was jumping around so much it was obvious he was diving. It takes bottle to put a pen down the middle but that's where it should have gone. The one thing I would say is Raff isn't a regular goalscorer or penalty taker in games so it did seem a strange choice. Personally ahead of him should have been Calvin, Camps or Inman who at least have scored goals and are players who are regularly in scoring positions during games. The way Raff approached the ball it looked like his body shape was to place it to the keepers left (Raff's right) - he didn't disguise his intentions in any way and that probably comes with not being in that position regularly. I really hope it isn't critical but these last few weeks we don't seem to be getting any luck you'd expect if you are going to avoid relegation, injury time goals conceded, penalty missed and top scorer sent off missing 4 games - just hope we get at least 1 win from these next 2 home games preferably Saturday.

It was a poor penalty and was obvious where he was going for it but he's a player that scores a goal every blue moon and there must be others that could have stepped up to take it. I thought he'd have just hit it as hard as he could.

Calvin, Camps and Inman, despite being in regular goal scoring positions have got 8 league goals between them, which is an extremely poor record. Maybe it's a confidence thing with them?
Match thread: Oldham h on 09:01 - Apr 18 with 1950 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ah didn't see/ hear that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:24 - Apr 18 with 1888 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:00 - Apr 18 by DaleFan7

It was a poor penalty and was obvious where he was going for it but he's a player that scores a goal every blue moon and there must be others that could have stepped up to take it. I thought he'd have just hit it as hard as he could.

Calvin, Camps and Inman, despite being in regular goal scoring positions have got 8 league goals between them, which is an extremely poor record. Maybe it's a confidence thing with them?

Calvin should have took it. Senior pro and our number 9.

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:37 - Apr 18 with 1853 viewsAllBlueDale

Match thread: Oldham h on 22:24 - Apr 17 by dingdangblue

I'm sure the ref signalled for a goal? Didn't look a foul - just a keeper back pedalling for a ball he couldn't reach and colliding with Calvin. We needed that break tonight.

From my view the ref signaled the goal and then changed his mind
Match thread: Oldham h on 10:00 - Apr 18 with 1767 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:37 - Apr 18 by AllBlueDale

He didn't.

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:06 - Apr 18 with 1752 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread: Oldham h on 09:37 - Apr 18 by AllBlueDale

He 100% didn't, as soon as Calvin headed it the whistle was in his mouth and he was shaking his head, pointing for a free kick.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:09 - Apr 18 with 1736 viewsParkinsGimp

Match thread: Oldham h on 08:48 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

Sorry you said "regular goalscorer" then you mention Calvin Andrew. Missed two sitters again and I'm sorry but me and my mates watched him closely and his high praise and marks out of 10 from the idiots is astounding, when he very rarely places a ball to a blue shirt , he doesnt win as many headers as people make out and he certainly shy's away from goal scoring opportunities in the box. It obviously isnt working this blindly pumping the ball up to him and seeing what happens , especially when Skippy is hopping around up front as well.
Just a quick stat for a centre forward 200 appearances 41 goals over 14 years , not very prolific eh?
We needed to win tonight no question and Hill blew it! the Biffos were shocking and there for the beating.
Match thread: Oldham h on 10:14 - Apr 18 with 1719 viewssweetcorn

Did you think it was pathetic when tom kennedy, another fullback, used to take all our penalties?

Some people make me laugh, do you honestly think it was just decided on the night who took the penalty, we will have a designated penalty taker, laid out before the game..

Without henderson we’re going down, he’s literally the only player who can score goals in this side..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:20 - Apr 18 with 1694 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:09 - Apr 18 by ParkinsGimp

Sorry you said "regular goalscorer" then you mention Calvin Andrew. Missed two sitters again and I'm sorry but me and my mates watched him closely and his high praise and marks out of 10 from the idiots is astounding, when he very rarely places a ball to a blue shirt , he doesnt win as many headers as people make out and he certainly shy's away from goal scoring opportunities in the box. It obviously isnt working this blindly pumping the ball up to him and seeing what happens , especially when Skippy is hopping around up front as well.
Just a quick stat for a centre forward 200 appearances 41 goals over 14 years , not very prolific eh?
We needed to win tonight no question and Hill blew it! the Biffos were shocking and there for the beating.

He said 'goal scoring positions' Hill decides we must lump it to Calvin, he wins his headers but no dale player anticipates and consequently only decides to move for the ball after the challenge. I do wonder if we practice at all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024