Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham h 18:48 - Apr 17 with 19134 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:25 - Apr 18 with 2198 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:14 - Apr 18 by sweetcorn

Did you think it was pathetic when tom kennedy, another fullback, used to take all our penalties?

Some people make me laugh, do you honestly think it was just decided on the night who took the penalty, we will have a designated penalty taker, laid out before the game..

Without henderson we’re going down, he’s literally the only player who can score goals in this side..

Tbf, Hilly states (in ddb's link up the page) that it wasn't decided before the game and it's up to the players.

Callum seems the obvious choice for his free kick prowess but maybe he doesn't fancy it so much from closer range without the wall? More pressure on a pen I spose.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:41 - Apr 18 with 2158 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:25 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

Tbf, Hilly states (in ddb's link up the page) that it wasn't decided before the game and it's up to the players.

Callum seems the obvious choice for his free kick prowess but maybe he doesn't fancy it so much from closer range without the wall? More pressure on a pen I spose.

“Free kick prowess” jesus.. camps freekicks are largely dier, all the freee kicks he scores are usually a result of goalkeeping error, im not even joking either..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Oldham h on 11:35 - Apr 18 with 2051 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:41 - Apr 18 by sweetcorn

“Free kick prowess” jesus.. camps freekicks are largely dier, all the freee kicks he scores are usually a result of goalkeeping error, im not even joking either..

So going off previous...

Lillis is poor, Jim is shit, Thompson is useless, Camps can't shoot, Inman is crap, Andrew is a lump.
Is there any point you going to the last 4 games - we are down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham h on 11:39 - Apr 18 with 2039 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham h on 10:09 - Apr 18 by ParkinsGimp

Sorry you said "regular goalscorer" then you mention Calvin Andrew. Missed two sitters again and I'm sorry but me and my mates watched him closely and his high praise and marks out of 10 from the idiots is astounding, when he very rarely places a ball to a blue shirt , he doesnt win as many headers as people make out and he certainly shy's away from goal scoring opportunities in the box. It obviously isnt working this blindly pumping the ball up to him and seeing what happens , especially when Skippy is hopping around up front as well.
Just a quick stat for a centre forward 200 appearances 41 goals over 14 years , not very prolific eh?
We needed to win tonight no question and Hill blew it! the Biffos were shocking and there for the beating.

Why are people 'idiots' just because they see things differently to you?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Match thread: Oldham h on 12:02 - Apr 18 with 1998 viewsRAFC_1990

Calvin should be nowere near a penalty! You need someone who can strike a ball cleanly, Raff can certainly do that, as can Camps who would be an obvious choice. However Raff taking it wasnt exactly shocking hes more than capable of taking a decent one, just didnt happen yesterday.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Match thread: Oldham h on 12:16 - Apr 18 with 1945 viewsD_Alien

For me, the penalty-taker should've been Inman

We've seen he can strike a ball and has the experience required in a tight situation such as last night, plus he's in a confident vein at the moment. It's not just about striking the ball cleanly, it's about body-shape as another poster mentioned and the penalty was being saved even before Raff struck it

I don't blame Raff, he put himself forward, but others should've been more confident in themselves

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham h on 12:31 - Apr 18 with 1877 viewselectricblue

There are 4 people in that 11 last night that should yave taken that penalty before Raff.
Camps...
Rathbone..
Done..
Andrew.
Supporters will have seen Camps and Rathbone bang in a few efforts from distance so they know how to shoot.
Done know how to score as he as scored where ever he as played at.
Andrew is a striker for christ sake he should have been first choice to take the dead ball....

Strange why non of those 4 actually came forward.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Oldham h on 12:34 - Apr 18 with 1867 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Oldham h on 11:35 - Apr 18 by dingdangblue

So going off previous...

Lillis is poor, Jim is shit, Thompson is useless, Camps can't shoot, Inman is crap, Andrew is a lump.
Is there any point you going to the last 4 games - we are down.

Where did i say camps cant shoot? Or is your peanut brain getting free-kicks and shooting mixed up? Please tell me a free kick camps has scored which wasn’t a result of horrendous goalkeeping?

That is pretty much my opinion of the other players yes.. andrew was exceptional last night, however he has near to 0 ability with his feet.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham h on 13:00 - Apr 18 with 1801 viewsfitzochris

A player’s position is irrelevant to whether he should take a penalty or not. He just needs to be a decent striker of a dead ball. Lee Todd was a full back but was one the best strikers of a dead ball I have seen at our club. Free-kick takers aren’t automatically decent penalty takers, but they should be considered when the regular penalty takers are suspended or absent.

Raff’s miss was nowt to do with him being a full back, it was just a poor penalty. Fair play to him for stepping forward to take it, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Oldham h on 13:27 - Apr 18 with 1724 viewsmoth5368

No matter what position you play, if you can't put the ball approximately where you want it, most of the time, from 12 yards out then you shouldn't be on the pitch. The only consideration should be the ability to deal with the pressure.
Match thread: Oldham h on 13:38 - Apr 18 with 1692 viewsJimmyRustler

I would have honestly preferred him to put his foot through it and sky it over the bar rather than telegraph the corner he's gonna put it in and then proceed to sheepishly sidefoot it at the perfect height for the goalkeeper
Match thread: Oldham h on 14:29 - Apr 18 with 1590 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham h on 13:27 - Apr 18 by moth5368

No matter what position you play, if you can't put the ball approximately where you want it, most of the time, from 12 yards out then you shouldn't be on the pitch. The only consideration should be the ability to deal with the pressure.

Raff probably did put it where he wanted it. Only problem was the way he took it everyone knew where it was going.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024