Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo challenge 09:38 - Apr 19 with 3990 viewsbrownale

Bournemouth player makes exact same challenge on Pogba as Hendos Yellow card WTF is going on in football?
Hendo challenge on 10:04 - Apr 19 with 3936 viewsAlwaysADale

Tackle starts at 3:38
Hendo challenge on 10:19 - Apr 19 with 3900 viewsNafelad

I said exactly the same thing when I saw it!!

Topcat

Hendo challenge on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 3849 viewsdingdangblue

Like most decisions, fouls, penalties, offsides, yellow cards, red cards - a different ref/linesman you get a different decision. Just the luck on the day.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo challenge on 11:15 - Apr 19 with 3822 viewsbrownale

Hendo challenge on 10:54 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

Like most decisions, fouls, penalties, offsides, yellow cards, red cards - a different ref/linesman you get a different decision. Just the luck on the day.

I get that but who are the people on these review panels surely it must be people in the know ie referees
Hendo challenge on 11:47 - Apr 19 with 3767 viewsD_Alien

Hendo challenge on 11:15 - Apr 19 by brownale

I get that but who are the people on these review panels surely it must be people in the know ie referees

There usually has to be a reason above and beyond the ref's interpretation on the day to rescind a red card, i.e. mistaken identity, playacting or other extenuating circumstance

There's also a marginal difference between the two challenges. The Bournemouth player at least looked like he might be trying to get the ball, even if he knew he wouldn't and would trip Pogba in the attempt, whilst keeping his feet close to the ground. In Hendo's case, there was no attempt to get the ball whatsoever with a shin-high challenge

You're welcome to disagree

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 11:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo challenge on 11:56 - Apr 19 with 3744 viewsjudd

Hendo challenge on 10:04 - Apr 19 by AlwaysADale

Tackle starts at 3:38

It looks to me like a professional foul and that it was carried out by Mourinho.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hendo challenge on 11:58 - Apr 19 with 3744 viewsbrownale

Hendo challenge on 11:47 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

There usually has to be a reason above and beyond the ref's interpretation on the day to rescind a red card, i.e. mistaken identity, playacting or other extenuating circumstance

There's also a marginal difference between the two challenges. The Bournemouth player at least looked like he might be trying to get the ball, even if he knew he wouldn't and would trip Pogba in the attempt, whilst keeping his feet close to the ground. In Hendo's case, there was no attempt to get the ball whatsoever with a shin-high challenge

You're welcome to disagree

[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 11:49]

Thanks for the permission ,not needed! The above coverage doesn't really show a true reflection of what happend and the intent was in no way to get anything other than the player in both instances
Hendo challenge on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 3706 viewsDaley_Lama

Reviews are only actioned if there is a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. Nine times out of ten the review will back the ref supporting his authority.

This is very much how cricket approached reviews.

When first introduced, the stress was on supporting the on field umpire not over-ruling him. To a certain extent it still applies, with decisions staying with the on field umpire where 49% of the ball is/is not hitting the stumps. It has improved of late with teams retaining their review in such situations.

VAR is similiarly built. It is all about the on field umpire authority. Hence why it takes so long, fans are not allowed to see in the ground in case the ref gets aggro off the back of it.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Hendo challenge on 12:16 - Apr 19 with 3700 viewsdavidab2202

Hendo challenge on 11:58 - Apr 19 by brownale

Thanks for the permission ,not needed! The above coverage doesn't really show a true reflection of what happend and the intent was in no way to get anything other than the player in both instances

Perhaps old age and failing eyesight colours my view,but reckon that the Bournemouth tackle looks to me as if the Bournemouth player modelled his tackle on Henderson's effort.
Absolutely no way either of them could have got the ball even if their leg had been 10ft long
Hendo challenge on 12:23 - Apr 19 with 3687 viewsKenBoon

Oldham got away with a similar crude and dangerous foul on Tuesday. Maybe their lad would have gotten sent off if the referee hadn't already been nearly assaulted by a fan when having the audacity to give a decision against them, or perhaps it's just a yellow card offence.

I think the fact so many of these violent challenges are getting yellow cards suggests that if a red is given then he shouldn't have gotten more than a 2 game ban.
Hendo challenge on 12:24 - Apr 19 with 3682 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo challenge on 10:54 - Apr 19 by dingdangblue

As the kids say, this.

There’s also the issue of the angle the officials see the incident from.

Like Tuesday’s penalty, we might not get that on a different day.

Swings and roundabouts, rough with the smooth, sort of thing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo challenge on 12:33 - Apr 19 with 3660 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo challenge on 12:23 - Apr 19 by KenBoon

Oldham got away with a similar crude and dangerous foul on Tuesday. Maybe their lad would have gotten sent off if the referee hadn't already been nearly assaulted by a fan when having the audacity to give a decision against them, or perhaps it's just a yellow card offence.

I think the fact so many of these violent challenges are getting yellow cards suggests that if a red is given then he shouldn't have gotten more than a 2 game ban.

Remembering back to the Spurs home game, I think it was McGahey who did a really hard tackle on Winks. At the ground it looked just like a hard tackle but from behind - think it was not even a yellow as it was so early and the ref just gave a talking to. When I watched it back later it was proper 2 footed and high. Another ref and another day he could have had a very early red card. In fairness to Winks he got up and didn't make a meal of it which helped greatly.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo challenge on 12:50 - Apr 19 with 3623 viewsdawlishdale

Hendo challenge on 12:24 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

As the kids say, this.

There’s also the issue of the angle the officials see the incident from.

Like Tuesday’s penalty, we might not get that on a different day.

Swings and roundabouts, rough with the smooth, sort of thing.

Whilst I actually agreed that Hendo's challend was worthy of a red card, I think what annoys people (myself included) is the fact that two very similar challenges a few days apart have resulted in one player getting a 4 game ban, whilst the other was allowed to complete the game, and will have no ban whatsoever.
Hendo challenge on 12:58 - Apr 19 with 3602 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo challenge on 12:50 - Apr 19 by dawlishdale

Whilst I actually agreed that Hendo's challend was worthy of a red card, I think what annoys people (myself included) is the fact that two very similar challenges a few days apart have resulted in one player getting a 4 game ban, whilst the other was allowed to complete the game, and will have no ban whatsoever.

Aye, but that’s just the way things go. We need to focus on things we can control and not put ourselves in such situations.

Hendo challenge on 14:23 - Apr 19 with 3457 viewsbrownale

Totally agree you could see what was coming when he was about 10 yards away and I sit at the back of the WMG,almost in a Calvinesque way so why couldn't the officials who were far closer than I was.
Hendo challenge on 18:00 - Apr 19 with 3263 viewsDaleFan7

I think Hendo's was worse, he left the ground more and it seemed a lot more petulant than that one.

At the end of the day though, just don't give the ref that decision to make.
Hendo challenge on 20:48 - Apr 19 with 3129 viewskiwidale

Agree with this, the offence was a red but the ban was excessive in effect 4 game ban for a trip that in the Bournemouth case was only a caution.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hendo challenge on 21:25 - Apr 19 with 3084 viewsDaley_Lama

There has just been an absolute shocking tackle in the Blackburn/Peterborough game.

Because the ref gave only a yellow, nothing will be done
Had a red been given, any appeal would have been laughed out of the room

Thus it ever was.

2 mins later, 11 man Blackburn take the lead.

Poll: DF in or out

Hendo challenge on 08:14 - Apr 21 with 2822 viewsAlexF

I think consistency is the single most irritating thing for fans. The Pogba one is one example, but I couldnt believe Bournemouth got away with the one on Herrera, it was a proper leg breaker, Herrera's a lucky lad, though he did go off shortly after
Hendo challenge on 10:07 - Apr 21 with 2726 viewsNafelad

Season after season, the chat after matches is about the consistency in refereeing decisions more than about the football, or how our team played. it's more depressing than seeing a poor performance from the team.

Topcat

Hendo challenge on 11:31 - Apr 21 with 2686 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo challenge on 10:07 - Apr 21 by Nafelad

Season after season, the chat after matches is about the consistency in refereeing decisions more than about the football, or how our team played. it's more depressing than seeing a poor performance from the team.

Is it?

Hendo challenge on 11:38 - Apr 21 with 2679 viewsNinco

To me, if it's down to the referee's interpretation, and two referees give a different outcome for the same incident, the laws of the game are not clear enough as they are open to mis-interpretation. The FA should be looking in to why there is no consistency.
Hendo challenge on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 2669 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo challenge on 11:38 - Apr 21 by Ninco

To me, if it's down to the referee's interpretation, and two referees give a different outcome for the same incident, the laws of the game are not clear enough as they are open to mis-interpretation. The FA should be looking in to why there is no consistency.

Because the game is controlled by a human being, not a machine.

Maybe they should bring in something with the acronym VAR...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024