Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation 20:18 - Apr 19 with 2535 viewsFalingeParka

Northampton 1/33
MK 1/33
Oldham 9/4
Walsall 5/2
Dale 11/4
Oxford 9/2
Wimbledon 6/1

I feel us about 6/4 myself - we make it home 6 times out of ten - and no better, (based on nothing but the combination of fear and hope and Hendo out for next three).

ColonelHall

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 20:37 - Apr 19 with 2457 viewsDaleFan7

I think we're quite a big price. Bookies don't tend to take that much notice of the lower leagues other than the table itself. Bet365 still have Jordan Slew in our goalscoring market every game.

Would £40 to get £150 back offset the sad feeling of relegation? And would you not be arsed to lose the £40 if we stayed up is the question?
Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 2382 viewsFalingeParka

Am not suggesting a bet. Have never 'seen the value' of gambling full stop myself. Other vices much more satisfying. ;)

Just interesting how the bookies as third parties see it, (even of their data is off). They make Oldham and Walsall as more likely candidates for some reason, probably an algorithm based on current form and the table. Obv. not much of a market in L1 relegation anyway.

Anyway, leaving the bookies aside, as I said, if we ran this scenario 10 times, I feel we'd make it to safety six of them.

Who feels more, or less, confident?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 21:30]

ColonelHall

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 21:43 - Apr 19 with 2324 viewsFalingeParka

Also.

Last time we were relegated it was all over by now. Madden's and the 'Lyndon Simmonds' escapes a distant memory. The current knife-edge, where Wigan's last minute winner the other night comes into play for example, would be a strange pleasure to admit to I grant you, but it certainly sharpens the senses.

ColonelHall

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 22:09 - Apr 19 with 2278 viewsD_Alien

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 21:43 - Apr 19 by FalingeParka

Also.

Last time we were relegated it was all over by now. Madden's and the 'Lyndon Simmonds' escapes a distant memory. The current knife-edge, where Wigan's last minute winner the other night comes into play for example, would be a strange pleasure to admit to I grant you, but it certainly sharpens the senses.

I agree FP

In a way, this is what sport is all about, the uncertainty or as you say, the knife-edge

When we were languishing in the fourth tier doldrums for so many years, we'd have given a lot to be engaged in third tier battles

Last season it was battling to make the playoffs, this time round it's to make an escape. Either way, another gripping end to the season
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 22:29 - Apr 19 with 2229 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I put us about 5/4 to go down. The problem with these markets is they are so bookie friendly re prices and try putting a grand on us to stay up. They will not take it’s

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 22:33 - Apr 19 with 2219 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 22:09 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

I agree FP

In a way, this is what sport is all about, the uncertainty or as you say, the knife-edge

When we were languishing in the fourth tier doldrums for so many years, we'd have given a lot to be engaged in third tier battles

Last season it was battling to make the playoffs, this time round it's to make an escape. Either way, another gripping end to the season
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 22:11]

Suit yourselves I would much rather finish boring mid table and have a decent cup run. I’m more then happy for us to become the New Oldham of league one once they go down. ( :p to any Biffos lurking)
Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 23:02 - Apr 19 with 2184 viewsFalingeParka

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 22:33 - Apr 19 by rochdale_ranger

Suit yourselves I would much rather finish boring mid table and have a decent cup run. I’m more then happy for us to become the New Oldham of league one once they go down. ( :p to any Biffos lurking)

C'mon mate - read and digest.

Shorthand then. I don't LIKE us being in this mess. I WOULD SOONER be in 12th. But, SEEING AS WE ARE HERE, the anxiety, the going to the wire, the worry about Wimbeldon's turn of form is ENLIVENING.

I'd snap your hand off to be safe right now, as we all would.

ColonelHall

Bet365 current reckoning on League 1 relegation on 07:54 - Apr 20 with 1961 viewsaleanddale

to answer the question 11/4 is Huge.

we were 7/2 ( Betfair ) on Monday now 5/2 to be relegated ( also HUGE prices ).

couldn't back against Dale but they are good odds looking at the remaining games and the Hendo effect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024