Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford 10:00 - Apr 20 with 3124 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford 20th Apr 2018 10:00
Dale will meet another new referee on Saturday when Ollie Yates takes charge of their League One game at home to Bradford. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 08:46 - Apr 22 with 968 viewsDaleiLama

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 01:36 - Apr 22 by SandyDrum

Can't believe people are complaining about Lillis' yellow card.

From what I saw...

The linesman gives a goal kick, Lillis sees this.

He threw the ball down 10 yards or so from the 6 yard line whilst the sub was being made.

He then waited about 10 seconds after the sub was made to throw the ball back to the 6 yard box for the goal kick and took this time to get back to take the goal kick.

He knew it was a GK and manufactured a 30 second wait between the sub and taking it.

That's time wasting, simple as.

I confess to being curious about a repeat offence causing a second yellow and a marginally early bath. Has it ever happened to any other player let alone a keeper?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:43 - Apr 22 with 901 viewsDalenet

You know a ref has had a bad game as the main standers near the tunnel boo him off. Yesterday they didn't. He seemed to get worse in the final 20 minutes but overall I thought he let the game flow
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:49 - Apr 22 with 891 viewsNafelad

We used to say the ref has been good when we haven't noticed him - all the attention has been on the football. That doesn't seem to happen these days.

Topcat

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 874 views1mark1

Genuine question. Did the performance of the ref have any effect whatsoever on the result of the game?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:58 - Apr 22 with 873 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:49 - Apr 22 by Nafelad

We used to say the ref has been good when we haven't noticed him - all the attention has been on the football. That doesn't seem to happen these days.

Only because people are always looking for someone else to blame. Take every manager for a start.

Most of the attention is still on the football, as shown by this board virtually every week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:16 - Apr 22 with 839 views442Dale

Where was the thinking face at previous games wondering why he hasn’t been booked for wasting time?

Not going to get started on why the attitude throughout the entire club contributes to all our problems on and off the pitch, but until it’s addressed we will not move forward.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 10:16]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:24 - Apr 22 with 827 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:16 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Where was the thinking face at previous games wondering why he hasn’t been booked for wasting time?

Not going to get started on why the attitude throughout the entire club contributes to all our problems on and off the pitch, but until it’s addressed we will not move forward.

Only opposing players do things wrong.

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:25 - Apr 22 with 826 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:16 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Surely you're wrong? Surely it's just refs that are biased and/or incompetent, not the club and it's less objective fans?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:28 - Apr 22 with 820 viewsJimmyRustler

I welcomed the yellow card given to Lillis for time wasting and I wish more refs would have the backbone to do it (someone else on our team also deservedly got one too, Raff maybe?). I don't think the ref was particularly brilliant but I've definitely seen worse this season
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:29 - Apr 22 with 819 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 09:57 - Apr 22 by 1mark1

Genuine question. Did the performance of the ref have any effect whatsoever on the result of the game?

Very possibly....as others have said he pulled the game back when advantage would have let the game flow.

That in turn might have prevented our inevitable late howler?
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:29 - Apr 22 with 813 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:29 - Apr 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Very possibly....as others have said he pulled the game back when advantage would have let the game flow.

How?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 793 viewsDaleiLama

I can only give my personal opinion and that would be no. He didn't get any game changing decisions wrong. I commented during the game though that he seemed quick to blow the whistle when previous games seemed to flow more freely. I'd rather see them get on with it unless things are looking to get out of hand.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:40 - Apr 22 with 773 viewsTVOS1907

No

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 11:29 - Apr 22 with 726 views1mark1

I used to be someone who would try to find a reason for my team not winning or losing a match, usually the ref, but nowadays accept that refs usually are not the reason that the right result is not achieved. There appears to be no clear cut decision he got wrong to our detriment, or favour, so appears, despite in some people’s eyes to be not being very good, not to have really influenced the result.

Sometimes our team themselves are at fault for not getting the right result.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 12:27 - Apr 22 with 699 viewsShun

There’s a lot of implication on here (and the Henderson challenge thread) that anyone who disagrees with the referee is biased and looking for somebody to blame for the result. Nobody’s blaming the referee for yesterday (although with 442’s advocacy of the Butterfly Effect it’s impossible to say with any certainty), and as a fan base we’re far from one who come on here after every single match cursing the referee. We’ve had enough bad results this season that if that were the case there would be a lot more threads like this one.

I think it’s an unhealthy stance to adopt, that anyone who criticises the referee is biased or looking for someone to blame. Sometimes we can just think the referee had a bad game regardless of the result, as happened yesterday due to a series of galling decisions (only one of which there’s been an attempt at an explanation for, and even that’s a bit weak).
Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 12:33 - Apr 22 with 687 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 12:27 - Apr 22 by Shun

There’s a lot of implication on here (and the Henderson challenge thread) that anyone who disagrees with the referee is biased and looking for somebody to blame for the result. Nobody’s blaming the referee for yesterday (although with 442’s advocacy of the Butterfly Effect it’s impossible to say with any certainty), and as a fan base we’re far from one who come on here after every single match cursing the referee. We’ve had enough bad results this season that if that were the case there would be a lot more threads like this one.

I think it’s an unhealthy stance to adopt, that anyone who criticises the referee is biased or looking for someone to blame. Sometimes we can just think the referee had a bad game regardless of the result, as happened yesterday due to a series of galling decisions (only one of which there’s been an attempt at an explanation for, and even that’s a bit weak).

You've misinterpreted a lot of things, Shun.

I said football fans were biased, because they are. I mentioned football managers being biased, because they are. Look at Klopp's ludicrous comments about WBA's pitch yesterday, for example.

In general, I find too many football people want the Laws to be applied fairly, unless they disadvantage their own team.

What are these galling decisions you mention?

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 680 views442Dale

Refwatch: Dale v Bradford on 10:29 - Apr 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

So might the white socks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024