Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Survival still in our hands. 13:06 - Apr 20 with 8346 viewsFrog

I'm losing count of the "Must win games" this season, but win tomorrow and we're out of the bottom 4 for the first time since when? Even another draw might do it but I'm getting too old for this kind of pressure!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 15:02]
Survival still in our hands. on 09:19 - Apr 21 with 3566 viewsFalingeParka

Spot on. Hill has set us up not to concede, Mourinho fan longstanding, but without Hendo magic, we have no idea how to score.

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 09:30 - Apr 21 with 3523 viewsrochdaleriddler

Survival still in our hands. on 09:10 - Apr 21 by FalingeParka

Yes to all of that. As I said, been discussed before. Was not wanting to be drawn into the CA debate, but I blew it. He's a warrior yes, a 100% hero in a way, does all sorts all over the pitch for us. He's the focal point and there's the rub. And it puts all out of whack. May I remind you we may be going down? Captain Marvel does not make a team and 3 (three) goals is pitiful.

We can't win at home because it's all knocked up to Calvin and nothing ever comes of it. Away, it's all counter and on the deck and see the benefit. See us at Spurs away first half.

Now, playing at home where the opposition, as Bradford will, set their stall out not to concede is not easy. You need something, beat a player, hence mere suggestion of Dobre.

Bradford have nothing to play for, they have just won for the first time in ages. I'm pretty sure they won't be set up not to concede

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Survival still in our hands. on 09:55 - Apr 21 with 3496 viewsFalingeParka

Survival still in our hands. on 09:30 - Apr 21 by rochdaleriddler

Bradford have nothing to play for, they have just won for the first time in ages. I'm pretty sure they won't be set up not to concede

Bradford won't be titting about. 'Nothing to play for' means nowt.

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 3481 viewsaleanddale

FFS can we have the post Mortem in 4 games time or when we are relegated.

Hilly will know how best to win today's game.

I am sure our best chance is with Calvin starting. He is so much more to the team than goals.

Home win today and we will be in a good ( not great ) position to get out of this mess.

We are due some rub of the green and Bradford are out of sorts. Let's get behind the lads.

Up the Dale!!!!!!
Survival still in our hands. on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 3466 viewsPotterDale

Survival still in our hands. on 08:49 - Apr 21 by rkershaw

Calvin is a leader on the pitch..........he has only had 1 red card in his career and leads by example both on and off the pitch ........... he is equally important defensively as he is holding up the ball and trying to bring players into the game around him......... he has been a true warrior this season ..........ok ........his goal scoring prowess is incredibly poor for a forward but he brings so much more to the team ......... I would suggest that the vast majority of our supporters recognise these qualities and his importance to the starting 11......... Especially in Hendo's absence!!!

I assume you've clicked on reply to post in error as the question related to the suggestion of Dobre being the man. I wouldn't want Calvin dropped from this team at the moment, as he IS a man to call on in the trenches.
Survival still in our hands. on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 3453 viewsFalingeParka

Survival still in our hands. on 10:01 - Apr 21 by aleanddale

FFS can we have the post Mortem in 4 games time or when we are relegated.

Hilly will know how best to win today's game.

I am sure our best chance is with Calvin starting. He is so much more to the team than goals.

Home win today and we will be in a good ( not great ) position to get out of this mess.

We are due some rub of the green and Bradford are out of sorts. Let's get behind the lads.

Up the Dale!!!!!!

Just a little chat here - no sweat. Team Rochdale. UP THE DALE!!!!

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 10:31 - Apr 21 with 3416 viewsrochdaleriddler

Survival still in our hands. on 09:55 - Apr 21 by FalingeParka

KInd of what I said, they won't be set up not to concede, which is what you said. I think it will be an open game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Survival still in our hands. on 10:48 - Apr 21 with 3382 viewsSaxonDale

There has always been a line trotted out by Hilly about goalscoring being a collective effort. We really need someone to step up and make themselves the hero over these next few games. Win today and we're out of the relegation zone with 3 games to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Survival still in our hands. on 12:05 - Apr 21 with 3303 viewsfrenzied

Survival still in our hands. on 09:55 - Apr 21 by FalingeParka

Bradford still have a play off chance..they will go for it make no mistake..i expect a high scoring game today and on Tues..at least 4 goals in each game
Survival still in our hands. on 12:13 - Apr 21 with 3291 viewsJimmyRustler

Humphreys HAS to start today for me. At least Inman will be back (I think?) - he's been quite threatening as of late
Survival still in our hands. on 12:19 - Apr 21 with 3280 viewsTVOS1907

Survival still in our hands. on 12:13 - Apr 21 by JimmyRustler

Humphreys HAS to start today for me. At least Inman will be back (I think?) - he's been quite threatening as of late

Inman was back on Tuesday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Survival still in our hands. on 12:25 - Apr 21 with 3269 viewsJimmyRustler

Survival still in our hands. on 12:19 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Inman was back on Tuesday.

Yeah sorry you're right, I think I've tried to forget that game
Survival still in our hands. on 12:52 - Apr 21 with 3233 viewsShun

Bizarrely Bradford, still not out of the playoff hunt, have a worse goal difference than us.
Survival still in our hands. on 10:01 - Apr 22 with 2963 viewsaleanddale

Goal difference might just save us......

Need to better Oldhams result on Tuesday night!
Survival still in our hands. on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 2815 viewsrkershaw

Survival still in our hands. on 10:01 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Goal difference might just save us......

Need to better Oldhams result on Tuesday night!

IF we can beat Plymouth on Tues ....... a quick glance at the fixture list as them playing Scunthorpe and Rotherham in their remaining fixtures. Say they draw the former and lose/draw the latter it could leave Charlton home and hosed for the final day of the season thus resting players for the play offs!?!?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 18:06]
Survival still in our hands. on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 2781 viewsNigeriamark

Survival still in our hands. on 18:02 - Apr 22 by rkershaw

IF we can beat Plymouth on Tues ....... a quick glance at the fixture list as them playing Scunthorpe and Rotherham in their remaining fixtures. Say they draw the former and lose/draw the latter it could leave Charlton home and hosed for the final day of the season thus resting players for the play offs!?!?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 18:06]

However if Plymouth beat us then it means Charlton will almost certainly come to spotland needing something . Therefore Tuesday becomes even more a must win. Draw poor for both teams so I don't see a 0-0 on Tuesday ( famous last words !!)
Survival still in our hands. on 10:02 - Apr 23 with 2562 viewsParkinsGimp

Survival still in our hands. on 08:49 - Apr 21 by rkershaw

Calvin is a leader on the pitch..........he has only had 1 red card in his career and leads by example both on and off the pitch ........... he is equally important defensively as he is holding up the ball and trying to bring players into the game around him......... he has been a true warrior this season ..........ok ........his goal scoring prowess is incredibly poor for a forward but he brings so much more to the team ......... I would suggest that the vast majority of our supporters recognise these qualities and his importance to the starting 11......... Especially in Hendo's absence!!!

Rubbish utter rubbish, the man is a bloody liability. He wins much fewer headers than the cretins give him credit for, he very rarely passes to one of his team mates when he is fortunate to win a ball and his goalscoring( or lack of it) is infamous.
He should of been sacked when he did the cowardly attack on a fellow professional , not something we want in our "family" club. Instead he is rewarded with a two year contract WTF!!!
Even if he scores winners in next 3 games he still isnt good enough , maybe do a Dean Walling on him and swap him in defence for that other clown McNulty? He might be able to make a nuisance of himslef there.
Survival still in our hands. on 17:43 - Apr 23 with 2351 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Survival still in our hands. on 10:10 - Apr 21 by PotterDale

I assume you've clicked on reply to post in error as the question related to the suggestion of Dobre being the man. I wouldn't want Calvin dropped from this team at the moment, as he IS a man to call on in the trenches.

I’m genuinely interested in why you used the trenches analogy.
Given that perhaps the two most important skills to have in the trenches were:
(i) keeping your head down; and
(ii) being able to hit a target,
why the fook would you want him in the trenches? Poor sod wouldn’t last 2 minutes.

Sorry but a bit numb that.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 17:44]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Survival still in our hands. on 19:37 - Apr 23 with 2242 viewsJames1980

Perhaps as Calvin has been good defensively, he would be better utilised as a defensive player. How about using him sitting in front of the back 3/4? Play 4-2-3-1 or 3-2-3-2. He could still go up for deadball into the box scenarios.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Survival still in our hands. on 12:17 - Apr 24 with 1916 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Survival still in our hands. on 19:37 - Apr 23 by James1980

Perhaps as Calvin has been good defensively, he would be better utilised as a defensive player. How about using him sitting in front of the back 3/4? Play 4-2-3-1 or 3-2-3-2. He could still go up for deadball into the box scenarios.

Not a bad idea. I’ve always said he’d make a good centre half.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Survival still in our hands. on 12:51 - Apr 24 with 1819 viewsdalenumber2

Survival still in our hands. on 12:17 - Apr 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Tonight it's all going to rest upon the tactics and team selection - that's the responsibility of Keith Hill. We have the players to win this and they will be up for it. I'm just hoping the most effective strategies are employed.
Survival still in our hands. on 13:16 - Apr 24 with 1778 viewsJames1980

Survival still in our hands. on 12:17 - Apr 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Do you think he would be any good playing a similiar role to Makelele when he was at Chelsea

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Survival still in our hands. on 13:44 - Apr 24 with 1709 viewsjudd

Do you think we could play additional time at the start of the game so that we know what we have to do during normal time in order to win it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Survival still in our hands. on 13:45 - Apr 24 with 1707 viewsaleanddale

Survival still in our hands. on 13:16 - Apr 24 by James1980

Do you think he would be any good playing a similiar role to Makelele when he was at Chelsea

not really.

he is Calvin at Dale...

Hill has a plan and Calvin ( I assume ) plays this out for Hilly pretty well.

its almost impossible to comment when we have no idea what he asked to do.

onto tonight - come on the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Calvin 9 - up front and helping out at the back )
Survival still in our hands. on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 1688 viewsdingdangblue

Survival still in our hands. on 13:45 - Apr 24 by aleanddale

not really.

he is Calvin at Dale...

Hill has a plan and Calvin ( I assume ) plays this out for Hilly pretty well.

its almost impossible to comment when we have no idea what he asked to do.

onto tonight - come on the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Calvin 9 - up front and helping out at the back )

Let's hope he gets one of his rare goals tonight and it makes the difference. Doncaster away in the cup and Northampton away in the league have been big wins - 1 more tonight please big man.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024