Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Survival still in our hands. 13:06 - Apr 20 with 8347 viewsFrog

I'm losing count of the "Must win games" this season, but win tomorrow and we're out of the bottom 4 for the first time since when? Even another draw might do it but I'm getting too old for this kind of pressure!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 15:02]
Survival still in our hands. on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 4749 viewsD_Alien

Only one thing is certain at this point - if we draw on Saturday it'll be dubbed another "mustn't lose" game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Survival still in our hands. on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 4705 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happens - at this moment we have done wonderfully to even give ourselves a chance.
Fleetwood's recovery has been exceptional- very harsh on Sheridan to lose his job.

Oldham. 34 10 9 15 -10 39
Wimbledon. 35 10 8 17 -12 38
Northampton 35 10 8 17 -22 38
Fleetwood. 34 10 7 17 -11 37
MK Dons. 35 7 11 17 -16 32
bury 34 7 8 19 -22 29
Rochdale. 30 5 11 14 -12 26

The 20 points we've gained over the last 12 games would average at a 73 point total over the season. Also looking at that table you could say that we have won the 4 games in hand on Oldham.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 13:42]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Survival still in our hands. on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 4696 viewsdale1968

Sorry guys but I honestly cannot see another win this season...
I think we have dropped too many points recently that will ultimately cost us.

Hope I am wrong though.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Survival still in our hands. on 13:39 - Apr 20 with 4693 viewsaleanddale

Survival still in our hands. on 13:33 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

Whatever happens - at this moment we have done wonderfully to even give ourselves a chance.
Fleetwood's recovery has been exceptional- very harsh on Sheridan to lose his job.

bury 34 7 8 19 -22 29

The 20 points we've gained over the last 12 games would average at a 73 point total over the season. Also looking at that table you could say that we have won the 4 games in hand on Oldham.

Point tomorrow MIGHT lift us out of the relegation zone..

with 3 games left to play.

will be a season to remember if we do pull off the great escape.

Come on the Dale - stonking win and tee up Tuesday v Plymouth.
Survival still in our hands. on 13:52 - Apr 20 with 4647 viewslyberoc

Lets hope we start with a striker then as against the team that came out against Oldham
Survival still in our hands. on 17:11 - Apr 20 with 4343 viewsDaleFan7

As well as people are saying Calvin is playing 3 goals in 27 league games is not good enough and one of the main reasons we are where we are.

Time to gamble and give someone like Gillam a chance up front.
Survival still in our hands. on 17:23 - Apr 20 with 4316 viewsoff2div1

Draws and win at Oxford
Survival still in our hands. on 19:01 - Apr 20 with 4154 viewsrochdaleriddler

Survival still in our hands. on 13:33 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

bury 34 7 8 19 -22 29

He hasn't, he was employed till the end of the season

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Survival still in our hands. on 19:39 - Apr 20 with 4070 viewsrichfoad32

Bradford have terrible recent form on the road, only one draw out of their previous 8 games and 3 goals with 18 conceded. There surely hasn't been a better time to play them?
Survival still in our hands. on 19:40 - Apr 20 with 4063 viewsDaleFan7

Survival still in our hands. on 19:39 - Apr 20 by richfoad32

Bradford have terrible recent form on the road, only one draw out of their previous 8 games and 3 goals with 18 conceded. There surely hasn't been a better time to play them?

On the flip side they probably think the same. We've won 1 home game since November.
Survival still in our hands. on 19:44 - Apr 20 with 4050 viewsdingdangblue

Survival still in our hands. on 19:01 - Apr 20 by rochdaleriddler

He hasn't, he was employed till the end of the season

So he's lost his job then...in 2 weeks time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Survival still in our hands. on 19:46 - Apr 20 with 4046 viewsrichfoad32

Survival still in our hands. on 19:40 - Apr 20 by DaleFan7

On the flip side they probably think the same. We've won 1 home game since November.

Good point. I tend to forget that it's actually our away form that's sparked our revival, might play safe and go for 0-0 on my acca then.
Survival still in our hands. on 19:46 - Apr 20 with 4044 viewsrochdaleriddler

Survival still in our hands. on 19:44 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

So he's lost his job then...in 2 weeks time.

No he has come to the end of his fixed term contract, he has lost nothing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Survival still in our hands. on 19:49 - Apr 20 with 4022 viewsdingdangblue

Survival still in our hands. on 19:39 - Apr 20 by richfoad32

Last season they had nothing to play for and rested 8-9 of their starting X1 - we needed a win to possibly get in the playoffs and we couldn't beat them. Whatever form they are in they are always tricky opponents and they will be cheered on by a big following. We are desperately in need of a win in this one or we are going to run out of games.

Survival still in our hands. on 19:49 - Apr 20 with 4022 viewsrochdaleriddler

Survival still in our hands. on 19:46 - Apr 20 by rochdaleriddler

No he has come to the end of his fixed term contract, he has lost nothing

As mr Barton's ban expires in June , I expect his appointment was always arranged for then, mr Sheridan almost certainly took the job knowing this

Survival still in our hands. on 21:52 - Apr 20 with 3869 viewsShun

Survival still in our hands. on 19:49 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

Last season they had nothing to play for and rested 8-9 of their starting X1 - we needed a win to possibly get in the playoffs and we couldn't beat them. Whatever form they are in they are always tricky opponents and they will be cheered on by a big following. We are desperately in need of a win in this one or we are going to run out of games.

Always a great game against Bradford and they always bring a large vocal support. The 4-3 there earlier in the season was a genuinely great game despite the loss. Could’ve been 4-4 if we hadn’t missed yet another penalty!
Survival still in our hands. on 07:27 - Apr 21 with 3585 viewsDalenet

Survival still in our hands. on 21:52 - Apr 20 by Shun

Always a great game against Bradford and they always bring a large vocal support. The 4-3 there earlier in the season was a genuinely great game despite the loss. Could’ve been 4-4 if we hadn’t missed yet another penalty!

Yes I normally agree on the atmosphere against Bradford. With their season petering out they have only sold 1000 tickets this time
Survival still in our hands. on 07:48 - Apr 21 with 3558 viewsFalingeParka

No obv solution to our lack of goals. 0-0 written all over it. Without picking on anyone, we generally can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Dobre?

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 08:21 - Apr 21 with 3503 viewsDaleFan7

Nobody, that's why we need to try something new rather than pumping the ball to Andrew for absolutely no gain all game. If players like Gillam can't get a game when we have no striker that's scored more than 3 goals all season then when is he ever going to play?

At this level anyway.
Survival still in our hands. on 08:26 - Apr 21 with 3495 viewsFalingeParka

Been covered many times, and hot ashes may be poured on my head for bringing up again, but I just don't get Calvin. The game is about goals.

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 08:33 - Apr 21 with 3482 viewsPotterDale

Survival still in our hands. on 07:48 - Apr 21 by FalingeParka

No obv solution to our lack of goals. 0-0 written all over it. Without picking on anyone, we generally can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Dobre?

What have you seen to make you suggest he is the one to call upon in the trenches? I personally think he's a very frustrating player for a team in our position. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him start, but I haven't seen anything in any of his performances to make me believe he is a game changer at this end of the table. I am also in the camp that says Gillam: If not now then when?
Survival still in our hands. on 08:49 - Apr 21 with 3450 viewsrkershaw

Survival still in our hands. on 08:33 - Apr 21 by PotterDale

What have you seen to make you suggest he is the one to call upon in the trenches? I personally think he's a very frustrating player for a team in our position. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him start, but I haven't seen anything in any of his performances to make me believe he is a game changer at this end of the table. I am also in the camp that says Gillam: If not now then when?

Calvin is a leader on the pitch..........he has only had 1 red card in his career and leads by example both on and off the pitch ........... he is equally important defensively as he is holding up the ball and trying to bring players into the game around him......... he has been a true warrior this season ..........ok ........his goal scoring prowess is incredibly poor for a forward but he brings so much more to the team ......... I would suggest that the vast majority of our supporters recognise these qualities and his importance to the starting 11......... Especially in Hendo's absence!!!
Survival still in our hands. on 08:51 - Apr 21 with 3445 viewsFalingeParka

Survival still in our hands. on 08:33 - Apr 21 by PotterDale

Well, seen as much as anyone else really, just a suggestion. Without Hendo, we are properly goal shy, and he seems a reasonable bet to try, start or sub.

We can't be thinking a point is good from this one.

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 09:10 - Apr 21 with 3405 viewsFalingeParka

Survival still in our hands. on 08:49 - Apr 21 by rkershaw

Calvin is a leader on the pitch..........he has only had 1 red card in his career and leads by example both on and off the pitch ........... he is equally important defensively as he is holding up the ball and trying to bring players into the game around him......... he has been a true warrior this season ..........ok ........his goal scoring prowess is incredibly poor for a forward but he brings so much more to the team ......... I would suggest that the vast majority of our supporters recognise these qualities and his importance to the starting 11......... Especially in Hendo's absence!!!

Yes to all of that. As I said, been discussed before. Was not wanting to be drawn into the CA debate, but I blew it. He's a warrior yes, a 100% hero in a way, does all sorts all over the pitch for us. He's the focal point and there's the rub. And it puts all out of whack. May I remind you we may be going down? Captain Marvel does not make a team and 3 (three) goals is pitiful.

We can't win at home because it's all knocked up to Calvin and nothing ever comes of it. Away, it's all counter and on the deck and see the benefit. See us at Spurs away first half.

Now, playing at home where the opposition, as Bradford will, set their stall out not to concede is not easy. You need something, beat a player, hence mere suggestion of Dobre.

ColonelHall

Survival still in our hands. on 09:10 - Apr 21 with 3404 viewsoff2div1

Difficult question who will be our next goal scorer? O.G. maybe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024