Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bradford H 14:03 - Apr 21 with 26918 views442Dale

Subs:
Kgosi Ntlhe
Stephen Humphrys
Scott Wiseman
Brendan Moore
Aaron Morley
Alex Dobre
Matty Gillam
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 14:20]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:15 - Apr 21 with 3284 views442Dale

That’s up there with Walsall and Fulham scoring in the last minute for complete depression engulfing the whole ground. The circumstances as much as the goal.

Can only think Rathbone was injured, otherwise his substitution makes no sense. And why we didn’t see Wiseman as an experienced head is one for the manager to answer. That all said, you can’t legislate for goals like that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:17 - Apr 21 with 3248 viewsSandyDrum

We had two players booked for time wasting, we didn't look interested in scoring a 2nd goal.

I'm in the carlsberg lounge, it feels like a funeral in here, I low point of the season.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:22 - Apr 21 with 3161 viewsShun

So goddamn frustrating. Even more so that it was because of our mistake rather than anything good Bradford did. Bradford were the epitome of mediocrity and we should’ve had that game wrapped up after the first half performance. So fvcking annoyed with all these draws that feel like losses. Also, well done to Bradford fans for showing their lack of class for being the first set of fans to sing ‘going down’. Although the weirdo who was following the linesman was entertaining.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:22 - Apr 21 with 3166 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:15 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

That’s up there with Walsall and Fulham scoring in the last minute for complete depression engulfing the whole ground. The circumstances as much as the goal.

Can only think Rathbone was injured, otherwise his substitution makes no sense. And why we didn’t see Wiseman as an experienced head is one for the manager to answer. That all said, you can’t legislate for goals like that.

Add in the Done own goal against Portsmouth to that list

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 3128 viewsJimmyRustler

Disgusting mistake from Josh.

However, let's not let that mask the management's decisions, game management in general and second half performance. Bradford were god awful and there for the taking - the subs were baffling but the fact we settled for a 1-0 win virtually from kick off is absolutely embarrassing.

Dobre should set off walking to Bournemouth now if Gillam is getting in before him. Nice to see that KH kept up his tradition of bringing someone in from the cold though with no discernible reason behind the decision.

For a team who is notorious for conceding late goals to rest on our laurels and not go for the juggular is pathetic and the buck stops with the manager there. We deserve everything we get. Lillis has f*cked up but perhaps he wouldnt be so nervy if we could put the ball in the back of the net.

W@nk tactics. W@nk management. W@nk Joey T sentimental start. I'm done.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 3115 viewsBlueDales

Do we do nothing on the mental side of the game? Hendo's stupidity last week and Lillis's lack of focus when it mattered today are going to relegate us.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:26 - Apr 21 with 3081 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:24 - Apr 21 by JimmyRustler

Disgusting mistake from Josh.

However, let's not let that mask the management's decisions, game management in general and second half performance. Bradford were god awful and there for the taking - the subs were baffling but the fact we settled for a 1-0 win virtually from kick off is absolutely embarrassing.

Dobre should set off walking to Bournemouth now if Gillam is getting in before him. Nice to see that KH kept up his tradition of bringing someone in from the cold though with no discernible reason behind the decision.

For a team who is notorious for conceding late goals to rest on our laurels and not go for the juggular is pathetic and the buck stops with the manager there. We deserve everything we get. Lillis has f*cked up but perhaps he wouldnt be so nervy if we could put the ball in the back of the net.

W@nk tactics. W@nk management. W@nk Joey T sentimental start. I'm done.

Spot on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:27 - Apr 21 with 3054 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:24 - Apr 21 by BlueDales

Do we do nothing on the mental side of the game? Hendo's stupidity last week and Lillis's lack of focus when it mattered today are going to relegate us.

No the 17 draws and lack of goals and nous will do that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:29 - Apr 21 with 3005 viewsfunkkk

Every week someone posts 'x is going to relegate us'. Our problems are much more deep rooted than individual stupidity/mistakes.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:31 - Apr 21 with 2979 viewsdawlishdale

Awful decisions again by Hill. 2 of the 3 subs made us weaker. He needs to come out and apologise for playing defensively yet again in the final 20 minutes.

It really doesn't matter how we leaked the goal; it was our shape towards the end of the game that was wrong. I attach little blame to Lillis, it's one that he would catch 99.5 times out of 100.

What on earth Dobre has to do to get on for the fianl few minutes instead of Gillam, who runs with lead boots on, is beyond me.

Let the other teams worry about us at home. Not the other way round.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:33 - Apr 21 with 2938 viewsregjenkins

Can i throw in a lack of general investment in playing staff good enough to perform week in and out to create and score goals. That is were the lack of tactical freedom arises and the amount of late goals and dropped points materialises. K.H doesn't have unlimited options on game play if hes aware of the lack of goal scoring ability available.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2883 viewsfunkkk

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:33 - Apr 21 by regjenkins

Can i throw in a lack of general investment in playing staff good enough to perform week in and out to create and score goals. That is were the lack of tactical freedom arises and the amount of late goals and dropped points materialises. K.H doesn't have unlimited options on game play if hes aware of the lack of goal scoring ability available.

The amount of times Camps et al have the ball in midfield in good positions only to be visibly frustrated at not having a striker with a better career goalscoring record than one in 15 makes me feel ill.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:46 - Apr 21 with 2750 viewsShun

It’s an interesting point. The amount of late goals we conceded last season was just absurd and it seems we haven’t learnt our lessons this season. Someone posted earlier about being top of the table for points dropped from winning positions and things like that I would say are more mental rather than physical or tactical.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 17:53]
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:47 - Apr 21 with 2737 viewsdurbandale

From Far South,

Recently Portsmouth , now Bradford. Extra time goals. For lack of a better phrase I can say I am little bit peeved. Reading the forum talk Keith missed the target again ?

Looking forward to them staying up but you need some forward thinking Hilly Boy.

Not finishing bottom on your "awful" budget is not good but just a horrendous under achievement.
Match thread: Bradford H on 17:55 - Apr 21 with 2639 viewsMoonyDale

Absolutely gutting result, it just keeps happening....The own goal at the death, Hendo getting sent off, todays clanger and another 2 points gone. baffling decisions tactics and substitutions...Who's getting the blame for today? The fat lady is in the wings warming up her voice about to start belting out a tune....I defy anyone (other than the usual suspects) to take anything positive from today....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:55 - Apr 21 with 2637 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:37 - Apr 21 by funkkk

The amount of times Camps et al have the ball in midfield in good positions only to be visibly frustrated at not having a striker with a better career goalscoring record than one in 15 makes me feel ill.

On Tuesday I witnessed how brilliant Calvin was at defending corners and the numerous headers he won. I came away though with that nagging feeling that ultimately he is playing in a position that demands some sort of goal return, and we need goals. We blame everybody else for the lack of goals but he is as culpable as anybody else. Whatever league we’re in next season we’ve got to somehow crowbar more goals into this team. At the moment there is only Hendo who is doing it on anything like a regular basis.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:57 - Apr 21 with 2613 viewsD_Alien

Lillis will - rightly - be feeling bloody awful, but so should Calvin after scuffing the second half chance to put the game to bed

Difficult to put much else into words right now. Except, it's just as well we didn't need those points last game of the season. Although we probably will

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:00 - Apr 21 with 2548 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bradford H on 14:36 - Apr 21 by boromat

Keith obviously not happy with Davies and Kitchens contributions from the bench and thinks Dobre for example could be better. Morley for Adshead can only be from training and youth game performances.

Be interesting to hear Keith's explanation but he probably won't be asked so directly about squad selection. And if he did we'd probably get a rant

Davies is apparently injured.

Again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:03 - Apr 21 with 2513 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:00 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Again.

As good a goalscorer he is, if he isn't put on a pay as you play deal next season then he needs to go.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 2497 viewsFalingeParka

KH has properly boxed himself into a corner in tactics, recruitment, thinking. What are you gonna do though? Replace him with worse or somehow wake the guy up? *Remember how it used to be* Bit like Wenger.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:05 - Apr 21 with 2466 viewsNorthernDale

It is the first time this season, I have walked away from Spotland thinking we are down and all because of KH team selection and tactics, it is almost as if he wants us to go down and why, does he want to be an hero by bring us back up, with that team we could do a Chesterfield.

It was obvious that Thompson was out of his depth before the season started and yet he as started the last two games, today he was like a Sunday footballer with Bradford players taking the P*ss out of him and treating him like a 'pig in the middle', he should never wear a Dale shirt again. But questions must be asked of Keith why did start without a goalscorer, because Andrews and Thompson could not score in a brothel. Then instead of going for a second he went defensive, he took off Rathbone within minutes of the second half and brought Nlithe who ran around like a headless chicken. When will he learn, he as tried this tactic all season and I would hate to know how many points this negative tactic as cost us, it was obvious that if we stop attacking then you are inviting the opposition to attack and score.

I know KH will say it is a good point and the team played well, but it is not a good point and the team played badly, if we do not win on Tuesday we are toast and KH should man up and take the blame for it. But he won't and he will claim that it is the lack of a budget, no it is the failure to pick Davies and Dobre, rather then Thompson and Nlithe, and the desire to not to win games at home that as cost this season.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 2421 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:55 - Apr 21 by MoonyDale

Absolutely gutting result, it just keeps happening....The own goal at the death, Hendo getting sent off, todays clanger and another 2 points gone. baffling decisions tactics and substitutions...Who's getting the blame for today? The fat lady is in the wings warming up her voice about to start belting out a tune....I defy anyone (other than the usual suspects) to take anything positive from today....

Hilly has to be taken as accountable for all these non-wins due to "hoping" to hand on to leads. , However in fairness he must be fuming at the Hendo & Lillis errors at the business end of the season (especially as Hendo had just really found some form and goals)
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:10 - Apr 21 with 2389 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:03 - Apr 21 by DaleFan7

As good a goalscorer he is, if he isn't put on a pay as you play deal next season then he needs to go.

Bin him off regardless,no use whatsoever sat in the stand half the season,get a hungry younger forward who can keep himself fit for a season would be a decent start...
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:12 - Apr 21 with 2359 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:10 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

Bin him off regardless,no use whatsoever sat in the stand half the season,get a hungry younger forward who can keep himself fit for a season would be a decent start...

He's scored more than twice Calvin has in the league yet Calvin plays every week. Not bothered what anyone says. He isnt good enough either.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:12 - Apr 21 with 2351 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:00 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

Again.

Gleaned from?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024