Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bradford H 14:03 - Apr 21 with 26984 views442Dale

Subs:
Kgosi Ntlhe
Stephen Humphrys
Scott Wiseman
Brendan Moore
Aaron Morley
Alex Dobre
Matty Gillam
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 14:20]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 2919 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hey but we have 1.4 million in the bank, let's celebrate

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 2928 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:08 - Apr 21 by Nigeriamark

Hilly has to be taken as accountable for all these non-wins due to "hoping" to hand on to leads. , However in fairness he must be fuming at the Hendo & Lillis errors at the business end of the season (especially as Hendo had just really found some form and goals)

One man is firmly to blame for this current mess and it certainly isn't either Josh or Hendo,Josh has been superb in the main and I'm not keen on the guy generally, without Hendos goals we'd be in a much bigger mess too,whilst ridiculously playing in midfield for quite some time too
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 2925 viewsfunkkk

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:55 - Apr 21 by BigDaveMyCock

On Tuesday I witnessed how brilliant Calvin was at defending corners and the numerous headers he won. I came away though with that nagging feeling that ultimately he is playing in a position that demands some sort of goal return, and we need goals. We blame everybody else for the lack of goals but he is as culpable as anybody else. Whatever league we’re in next season we’ve got to somehow crowbar more goals into this team. At the moment there is only Hendo who is doing it on anything like a regular basis.

If we had a Dagnall or a Le Fondre type player in this team we'd be comfortable in mid-table. Mind you, he'd probably have spent most of the season on the bench.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:18 - Apr 21 with 2889 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:15 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

One man is firmly to blame for this current mess and it certainly isn't either Josh or Hendo,Josh has been superb in the main and I'm not keen on the guy generally, without Hendos goals we'd be in a much bigger mess too,whilst ridiculously playing in midfield for quite some time too

Hendo and Lillis are comfortably the best and second best player over the season for me. Despite the recent mistakes you can't blame them for where we are. We'd be with Bury without the pair of them.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:22 - Apr 21 with 2857 viewsFalingeParka

CA 'scuffs chance'. Anyone can even air shot a chance but this man is not a footballer, he has no touch at all. He is an athlete and a trier, not a footballer.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:26 - Apr 21 with 2815 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:12 - Apr 21 by DaleFan7

He's scored more than twice Calvin has in the league yet Calvin plays every week. Not bothered what anyone says. He isnt good enough either.

He's also paid a wage every week and not contributed a thing most weekends, Calvin earns his place in the team every week
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 18:26]
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:28 - Apr 21 with 2774 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:26 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

He's also paid a wage every week and not contributed a thing most weekends, Calvin earns his place in the team every week

There's nothing wrong with the effort, just the profession.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 2706 viewsFalingeParka

Allrighty. Davies is a fat waster. Andrew should do something else for a living. There. Stevie Taylor was a guest at the club today - there, there is a forward.

ColonelHall

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 2706 viewsDaleFan7

I don't see what he does tbh. Wins a few headers a game that no one runs onto and couldn't hit a barn door. He puts the effort in but so did players like Donnelly. 3 goals in 28 games is not good enough. Whether you think he puts effort in or not.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 2703 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I agree, his work rate and attitude are brilliant. There is a dilemma with Calvin though. As good as he is at what he does, when he plays you have to rely on others to score. It’s not Davies, Thompson’s or whoever’s fault that he doesn’t score nearly enough goals. Hendo and Davies goals cover for Calvin’s lack of. At the moment we haven’t got those goals and his limitations are being exposed.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:45 - Apr 21 with 2588 viewsShun

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:55 - Apr 21 by MoonyDale

Absolutely gutting result, it just keeps happening....The own goal at the death, Hendo getting sent off, todays clanger and another 2 points gone. baffling decisions tactics and substitutions...Who's getting the blame for today? The fat lady is in the wings warming up her voice about to start belting out a tune....I defy anyone (other than the usual suspects) to take anything positive from today....

Not much but Walsall’s loss means we’re 1 point closer to a relegation rival. That’s the best I can do!
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:45 - Apr 21 with 2589 viewsFalingeParka

Number nine has to be fifteen a season at least. Goals = points. The fact that ours works hard, defends corners, makes our attacking play all about hitting 'the big man' etc. etc. is why we are 21st.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 2586 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:34 - Apr 21 by BigDaveMyCock

I agree, his work rate and attitude are brilliant. There is a dilemma with Calvin though. As good as he is at what he does, when he plays you have to rely on others to score. It’s not Davies, Thompson’s or whoever’s fault that he doesn’t score nearly enough goals. Hendo and Davies goals cover for Calvin’s lack of. At the moment we haven’t got those goals and his limitations are being exposed.

Totally agree but for me there's always a place for a Calvin "type" of player,he's not a striker and never will be due to his horrendous goal return but he adds a hell of a lot to a team who must sadly rely on others to chip in with the majority of the goals.
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 2534 viewsDaleFan7

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:46 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

Totally agree but for me there's always a place for a Calvin "type" of player,he's not a striker and never will be due to his horrendous goal return but he adds a hell of a lot to a team who must sadly rely on others to chip in with the majority of the goals.

If he's not a striker and we're playing 1 up front then what is his role?
Match thread: Bradford H on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 2528 viewsShun

Match thread: Bradford H on 17:57 - Apr 21 by D_Alien

Lillis will - rightly - be feeling bloody awful, but so should Calvin after scuffing the second half chance to put the game to bed

Difficult to put much else into words right now. Except, it's just as well we didn't need those points last game of the season. Although we probably will

Thought the same on both points. That was a shocking attempt by Calvin. And I can genuinely see this going down to the final day. Then Charlton will get a 90th minute equaliser to relegate us and I’ll have my wakizashi ready to commit seppuku.
Match thread: Bradford H on 19:01 - Apr 21 with 2436 viewsrochdale_ranger

The draw with Pompey was down to individual error.
We were never going to beat Wigan.
The draw with Oldham was down to an individual error.
The draw today was down to an individual error.
Had Done not scored an OG against Pompey, had rafferty scored his pen against Oldham and had our keeper not dropped it today we would be six points in front now. Had we hung in for the win today it would be a different tune on here tonight. Genuinely gutted walking back to the van tonight and I’m not usually one for sulking after we get beat.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:04]
Match thread: Bradford H on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 2423 viewsNathaniel82

Calvin Andrew is not a striker. He’s a forward. More specifically, a target man. Someone were supposed to play the ball to, and he holds the ball up, or gets flick ons or lays it off for others.
The flick ons don’t work as we have no one running off of him.
He does lay it off from time to time but more often than not, he doesn’t get the support when he has the ball.
If only, we had a Le Fondre type of player to make runs in and around Calvin.
Match thread: Bradford H on 19:02 - Apr 21 with 2422 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:46 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

Gary Jones was not the most talented. But he added a hell of a lot. There is always a place for that 'type', as you say. CA is not that type. He has no feel for the game.

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:06 - Apr 21 with 2391 viewsFalingeParka

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:02 - Apr 21 by Nathaniel82

Calvin Andrew is not a striker. He’s a forward. More specifically, a target man. Someone were supposed to play the ball to, and he holds the ball up, or gets flick ons or lays it off for others.
The flick ons don’t work as we have no one running off of him.
He does lay it off from time to time but more often than not, he doesn’t get the support when he has the ball.
If only, we had a Le Fondre type of player to make runs in and around Calvin.

Upside down and inside out. If only we had two Le Fondres and no statue up front.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:07]

ColonelHall

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:11 - Apr 21 with 2337 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:01 - Apr 21 by rochdale_ranger

The draw with Pompey was down to individual error.
We were never going to beat Wigan.
The draw with Oldham was down to an individual error.
The draw today was down to an individual error.
Had Done not scored an OG against Pompey, had rafferty scored his pen against Oldham and had our keeper not dropped it today we would be six points in front now. Had we hung in for the win today it would be a different tune on here tonight. Genuinely gutted walking back to the van tonight and I’m not usually one for sulking after we get beat.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:04]

Our failure to secure a second goal today cost us

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:18 - Apr 21 with 2294 viewsRippDale

The club is run like a charity, too many players who are either not good enough or not fit enough. Brown, Canavan, Davies, Keane, Thompson, Andrew, Williams. Add that a manager who is looking outdated and negative. Yet another low point is supporting Dale
Match thread: Bradford H on 19:20 - Apr 21 with 2260 viewsdingdangblue

When we get out of the bottom 4 for the 1st time since December with a last minute goal from Hendo v Charlton we'll look back on all these threads and laugh!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:21]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:22 - Apr 21 with 2236 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:20 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

When we get out of the bottom 4 for the 1st time since December with a last minute goal from Hendo v Charlton we'll look back on all these threads and laugh!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2018 19:21]

You need to be sectioned

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Bradford H on 19:33 - Apr 21 with 2137 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Bradford H on 18:49 - Apr 21 by DaleFan7

If he's not a striker and we're playing 1 up front then what is his role?

A forward to play off,he was never going to be a prolific scorer Hilly knew that when he signed him that's blatant to see prior and during his time with us, I'd still play him if he's fit every week and someone like Dobre could cause trouble next to him if Hilly bothered to play anyone remotely attack minded at home
Match thread: Bradford H on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 2114 viewsArthurDaley

GMR, we will go over to the COA, commentator, Andrew should have put Dale 2 up. Even Bradford's keeper had a how did he miss that look on his face.
GMR we will go over to the COA, does it look like Dale will hang on. Commentator yes it looks like Dale will hang on.
GMR, Oh Bradford's just scored.

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024