Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday night 18:02 - Apr 21 with 9850 viewsNigeriamark

2 huge games

Dale v Plymouth - Plymouth need a win to get into the driving seat for 6th place. Draw a poor result for both teams so should be open

Oldham v Southend - Southend "on the beach" Draw not a bad result for Oldham if we don't win, as they have Northampton and Doncaster left

Walsall who are in freefall play their game in hand next week away to Bradford & are the most likely team for us to catch as oldham have easier games. However they play Northampton at home on Saturday

Northampton who looked dead only have 2 games left but they are Oldham and Walsall!!

Very interesting set of matches & could well be 52 points required
Tuesday night on 16:21 - Apr 22 with 2894 viewsYouTubeDale

I was really pleased with our overall performance again yesterday and I still can’t believe we drew that match, just like many before.

But Keith still needs to up his game...

He continues to make his substitutions too late. Joey T should have been subbed at least 5 minutes before. We need to be far more attack minded and leave two players forward when we are defending a corner or free-kick. Yes, Andrew needs to defend but there are plenty of capable players to leave up front. Raff needs to work on his crosses, being woeful yesterday, and McGahey needs to get his passing up to scratch. I want to see him using those penetrating runs more. The same goes with McNulty, on numerous occasions he could have carried the ball MUCH further into their territory and made an incisive pass but instead did something far less positive. Joey T wasn’t reading the game/not being as positive as he should be when that pass was threaded forward to nobody. Come on Keith, get a grip.

But we let ourselves down time after time with the lack of support for Calvin. It’s criminal to see nobody there when he heads the ball forward. It’s like watching primary school football. What is the point in Calvin wining the header. Wasted opportunity, which falls firmly into Keith Hill’s responsibility. He is the one to sort it out.

Dobre was the positive option ahead of Gillam, but Keith failed us. Inman was dead on his feet and, again, should have been subbed 10 minutes earlier. That is poor Keith.

The whole situation is on a knife edge now. Keith needs to play much more positively. Yes, we are playing well, but we could be playing even better.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 16:24]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Tuesday night on 17:22 - Apr 22 with 2762 views100notout

Tuesday night on 12:59 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

hence my post was factual.

I would take that ( both surviving ) but plenty of football left to be played yet - for both sides.

Don't know why you're getting so much grief A&D - I always enjoy reading your posts. Don't forget there are some right self righteous, pontificating knobs on here sometimes. (IMHO of course!)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tuesday night on 18:43 - Apr 22 with 2668 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night on 12:48 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Let's get a win Tuesday - put in the performance and get the result of the season on Saturday down at Oxford and have a right old celebration Saturday night.

I've just noticed that Walsall and Wimbledon don't play their extra game this week. They both play the Tuesday night after we play Oxford. It would be just our luck this season for us to get out of the bottom 4 and then they both pick up 3 points to put us back in !

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tuesday night on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 2636 views442Dale

Tuesday night on 18:43 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

I've just noticed that Walsall and Wimbledon don't play their extra game this week. They both play the Tuesday night after we play Oxford. It would be just our luck this season for us to get out of the bottom 4 and then they both pick up 3 points to put us back in !

Could be a few Dale fans at Bradford v Walsall a week on Tuesday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tuesday night on 19:06 - Apr 22 with 2617 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 18:43 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

Luck?

It's more to do with us not capitalising on what we can control.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tuesday night on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 2521 viewsscarrow

Tuesday night on 13:06 - Apr 22 by Dale23years

if we played 4 at the back against Oldham, Bradford, we be out the Relegation places, but negative Hill cost us 4 points,

what's your opinion on Calvin and Joe T super strike force

We played four at the back and conceded 7 v Portsmouth and Wigan

Playing 3 at the back we are defensively far better.

As for your last comment, Hendo and his moment of madness

Poll: Final position

Tuesday night on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewsDale23years

Tuesday night on 20:10 - Apr 22 by scarrow

We played four at the back and conceded 7 v Portsmouth and Wigan

Playing 3 at the back we are defensively far better.

As for your last comment, Hendo and his moment of madness

should of never played 4 at back against Wigan, we played 4 at back against Shrewsbury and Portsmouth, their defence couldn't cope against us. got 4 points

we played Oldham Bradford who's defence (or attack) ain't a patch on the 2 teams above and we go with 5 at back with a super strike force. got 2 points against poor teams

You mentioned Hendo , we had 2 strikers on bench and 1 at left back who would bring more to our attacking play then Joey T.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:28]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Tuesday night on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 2470 viewsDale23years

Tuesday night on 15:46 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

WUM.

And a poor one at that.

which part you don't agree with?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday night on 20:35 - Apr 22 with 2455 views442Dale

Tuesday night on 20:23 - Apr 22 by Dale23years

should of never played 4 at back against Wigan, we played 4 at back against Shrewsbury and Portsmouth, their defence couldn't cope against us. got 4 points

we played Oldham Bradford who's defence (or attack) ain't a patch on the 2 teams above and we go with 5 at back with a super strike force. got 2 points against poor teams

You mentioned Hendo , we had 2 strikers on bench and 1 at left back who would bring more to our attacking play then Joey T.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:28]

While agreeing the personnel chosen wasn’t attacking enough to win the game, the formation is a necessity from the start of games because we aren’t good enough with two centrally at the back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tuesday night on 20:40 - Apr 22 with 2441 viewsDale23years

Tuesday night on 20:35 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

While agreeing the personnel chosen wasn’t attacking enough to win the game, the formation is a necessity from the start of games because we aren’t good enough with two centrally at the back.

we wasn't good last season at defending, but we attack teams at home hense why we had one of the best home records in league.

If we attacked like we did against Portsmouth or Shrewsbury
we would of had 6 points instead of 2. both teams were there for the taking, and we let it slip by negative selection, tactics
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:41]

Tuesday night on 20:45 - Apr 22 with 2416 viewsrubycon

Tuesday night on 10:30 - Apr 22 by The_DJ

Really
Listen to Hill's interview from yesterday

'there should be No Fear'

Its easy for Hilly to say no fear but from what I've seen from the vast majority of this seasons home games in the second half its been more like play with total fear. A bit more risk and we would have been watching Oldham and Bury squirm with a ten point cushion.
Tuesday night on 20:48 - Apr 22 with 2409 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 20:40 - Apr 22 by Dale23years

we wasn't good last season at defending, but we attack teams at home hense why we had one of the best home records in league.

If we attacked like we did against Portsmouth or Shrewsbury
we would of had 6 points instead of 2. both teams were there for the taking, and we let it slip by negative selection, tactics
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 20:41]

We don't know we would have had six points; that's just a prediction.

If Rafferty had scored his penalty, for example, Oldham would have needed to approach the rest of the game differently, which might have seen them try to do more in the attacking third.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Tuesday night on 22:30 - Apr 22 with 2252 viewsJames1980

Tuesday night on 20:48 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

We don't know we would have had six points; that's just a prediction.

If Rafferty had scored his penalty, for example, Oldham would have needed to approach the rest of the game differently, which might have seen them try to do more in the attacking third.

As my late Granny use to say "If, if's and ans were pots and pans" I thought exactly the same thing after the comments re the missed penalty.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tuesday night on 07:43 - Apr 23 with 2023 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 17:22 - Apr 22 by 100notout

Don't know why you're getting so much grief A&D - I always enjoy reading your posts. Don't forget there are some right self righteous, pontificating knobs on here sometimes. (IMHO of course!)

Cheers 100notout.

it really does not bother me in the slightest. I think the nature of another late late goal in freak circumstances was still quite raw to most.

The great thing about football is you get a chance really quickly to make amends. We get ours in 36 hours time.

Up the Dale. Win tomorrow and Wednesday will be a happier place for us all!.
Tuesday night on 08:08 - Apr 23 with 1984 viewsDaleiLama

Tuesday night on 22:30 - Apr 22 by James1980

As my late Granny use to say "If, if's and ans were pots and pans" I thought exactly the same thing after the comments re the missed penalty.

If your late granny had balls she'd have been your granddad too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tuesday night on 11:26 - Apr 23 with 1840 viewsJames1980

Tuesday night on 08:08 - Apr 23 by DaleiLama

If your late granny had balls she'd have been your granddad too.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tuesday night on 11:37 - Apr 23 with 1824 viewsDareToCalvin

I think Oldham will be safe due to their run in; and they have goalscorers in Doyle and Davies. I think the team we are competing against is Walsall; who are in horrendous form and have arguably a tougher run in than us. However, Northampton's win on Saturday gives them a big chance of staying up now due to their favourable run in, so it might be us and Walsall going down after all!
Tuesday night on 11:54 - Apr 23 with 1795 viewsD_Alien

Tuesday night on 11:37 - Apr 23 by DareToCalvin

I think Oldham will be safe due to their run in; and they have goalscorers in Doyle and Davies. I think the team we are competing against is Walsall; who are in horrendous form and have arguably a tougher run in than us. However, Northampton's win on Saturday gives them a big chance of staying up now due to their favourable run in, so it might be us and Walsall going down after all!

Yep, Northampton are back in the mix with a post-JFH bounce and a disappearing Bunney

I can't make the game tomorrow, but it's going to be really tense and i doubt the players will be able to relax into their game knowing individual errors can be so costly. Unfortunately, every ball into our box from now on is going to be a test of Josh's character as well as ability. I hope those who are there don't add to that with"squeeky-bum" noises whenever there's a floater...

[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 11:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tuesday night on 11:58 - Apr 23 with 1788 viewsNorthernDale

What we need is for us to beat Plymouth and get at least a draw away at Oxford.

Oldham to draw tomorrow against Southend and on Saturday against Doncaster

We need Northampton to beat Walsall on saturday.

Walsall to get beat on Saturday and next Tuesday away at Bradford.

If this happens then going into the last game we would have 51 points, Oldham would have 50, Northampton 48, Wasall would be on 48 points.

Northampton to play Oldham on the final day, so one of these two teams could not overtake us and Walsall are away at Fleetwood, and they would need to win there to get 51 points.

Will this assessment or hope of results to come, happen? we can only hope.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 1755 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night on 11:54 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Yep, Northampton are back in the mix with a post-JFH bounce and a disappearing Bunney

I can't make the game tomorrow, but it's going to be really tense and i doubt the players will be able to relax into their game knowing individual errors can be so costly. Unfortunately, every ball into our box from now on is going to be a test of Josh's character as well as ability. I hope those who are there don't add to that with"squeeky-bum" noises whenever there's a floater...

[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 11:57]

It will be interesting to see Josh's approach tomorrow night? Will he continue to catch or try punching more away? Just hope it hasn't affected confidence too much - it's harsh because other players make a mistake and aren't punished - a goalkeeper has nowhere to hide when he cocks up! Let's hope it's not too costly - if we go down it will most probably be regarded as the moment more than most that sealed our fate - as we were actually out of the bottom 4. A shame because Lillis has saved us many times this season.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 12:22]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Tuesday night on 12:28 - Apr 23 with 1710 viewspafcprogs

Hope you don't mind a Plymouth interloper....

PASOTI, as visited is not in a good place right now...we have a number of so called fans who delight in any failure as it serves their own personal agenda but in truth the overall opinion was we got what we deserved on Saturday the square root of sweet FA.

Ryan Taylor is our missing link...target man who drags us ten yards further up the pitch and who then allows our creative duo of Lameiras and Carey to sparkle in dangerous area...Grant is a wide player who doesn't fit the role but is good with the ball behind a back four or to feet.

So far he has filled in for two games and we have scored zero....

We also have a few injuries....Sarcevic is only just back from six/seven weeks out, Makes on loan from West Ham is out and his replacement who himself was signed in an emergency swoop when we lost Sarcevic was crocked on Saturday....

Fan wise I think you will surprised...we have fond memories of winning at Spotland under Sturrock under lights in the promotion season and also most of the tickets were sold before we surrendered so abkjectly on Saturday....not sure how many your away end holds but I'd expect around 1200-1500 there....so not too shabby for a Tuesday night a couple of hundred miles away...

We need the win....so do you...first goal will be crucial as I suspect both teams will be tempted to go negative and hold on.....

Either way I hope you guys stay up even if we do win....Hill is a good manager at this level and an ex Greenie too....plus who wants to go to Boundary park for a game....we have a dreadful record there

I think Walsall may well not get another point...they seem to have lost all confidence, and Northampton may have left it too late....

So let us have the points and beat Charlton instead would be my preferred option....hope that fits in with your plans too.

best of luck ( except tomorrow)

PAFCPROGS
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 15:57]
Tuesday night on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 1659 viewsNigeriamark

Tuesday night on 11:58 - Apr 23 by NorthernDale

What we need is for us to beat Plymouth and get at least a draw away at Oxford.

Oldham to draw tomorrow against Southend and on Saturday against Doncaster

We need Northampton to beat Walsall on saturday.

Walsall to get beat on Saturday and next Tuesday away at Bradford.

If this happens then going into the last game we would have 51 points, Oldham would have 50, Northampton 48, Wasall would be on 48 points.

Northampton to play Oldham on the final day, so one of these two teams could not overtake us and Walsall are away at Fleetwood, and they would need to win there to get 51 points.

Will this assessment or hope of results to come, happen? we can only hope.

You don't want much then
Tuesday night on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 1642 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night on 12:28 - Apr 23 by pafcprogs

PASOTI, as visited is not in a good place right now...we have a number of so called fans who delight in any failure as it serves their own personal agenda but in truth the overall opinion was we got what we deserved on Saturday the square root of sweet FA.

Ryan Taylor is our missing link...target man who drags us ten yards further up the pitch and who then allows our creative duo of Lameiras and Carey to sparkle in dangerous area...Grant is a wide player who doesn't fit the role but is good with the ball behind a back four or to feet.

We also have a few injuries....Sarcevic is only just back from six/seven weeks out, Makes on loan from West Ham is out and his replacement who himself was signed in an emergency swoop when we lost Sarcevic was crocked on Saturday....

Fan wise I think you will surprised...we have fond memories of winning at Spotland under Sturrock under lights in the promotion season and also most of the tickets were sold before we surrendered so abkjectly on Saturday....not sure how many your away end holds but I'd expect around 1200-1500 there....so not too shabby for a Tuesday night a couple of hundred miles away...

We need the win....so do you...first goal will be crucial as I suspect both teams will be tempted to go negative and hold on.....

Either way I hope you guys stay up even if we do win....Hill is a good manager at this level and an ex Greenie too....plus who wants to go to Boundary park for a game....we have a dreadful record there

I think Walsall may well not get another point...they seem to have lost all confidence, and Northampton may have left it too late....

So let us have the points and beat Charlton instead would be my preferred option....hope that fits in with your plans too.

PAFCPROGS

Erm Walsall play Northampton Saturday!
To be fair Scotland are shit.
We are desperate for a home win.
It's going to be tense.

Tuesday night on 14:13 - Apr 23 with 1519 viewsD_Dale

Tuesday night on 12:28 - Apr 23 by pafcprogs

PAFCPROGS

When they could toddle up the road to Home Park and watch the match there, 1200+ visiting fans tomorrow would be impressive. Have they no jobs to go to?

It's been an odd season for you Pilgrims. When Dale drew 1-1 there on 28 October, it was our seventeenth point in sixteen matches and your eleventh. We continued to average a fraction over a point a game while you got into contention for a play-off place.

But a scrap of hope can be taken from your poorish recent away form (one point from a possible nine) - though Dale have taken only two points from their last three home games. And the bookies' odds are a bit surprising - 10 to 3 against an away win, 10/11 on a home win.

We'd be happy to keep our L1 status - and we'd be content to see The Pilgrims keep theirs.
Tuesday night on 15:00 - Apr 23 with 1445 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night on 14:13 - Apr 23 by D_Dale

When they could toddle up the road to Home Park and watch the match there, 1200+ visiting fans tomorrow would be impressive. Have they no jobs to go to?

It's been an odd season for you Pilgrims. When Dale drew 1-1 there on 28 October, it was our seventeenth point in sixteen matches and your eleventh. We continued to average a fraction over a point a game while you got into contention for a play-off place.

But a scrap of hope can be taken from your poorish recent away form (one point from a possible nine) - though Dale have taken only two points from their last three home games. And the bookies' odds are a bit surprising - 10 to 3 against an away win, 10/11 on a home win.

We'd be happy to keep our L1 status - and we'd be content to see The Pilgrims keep theirs.

We've been odds on home banker's v both Oldham and Bradford!
Guess the bookies think we are due a home win!

#fookinhopeso

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024