Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday night 18:02 - Apr 21 with 10089 viewsNigeriamark

2 huge games

Dale v Plymouth - Plymouth need a win to get into the driving seat for 6th place. Draw a poor result for both teams so should be open

Oldham v Southend - Southend "on the beach" Draw not a bad result for Oldham if we don't win, as they have Northampton and Doncaster left

Walsall who are in freefall play their game in hand next week away to Bradford & are the most likely team for us to catch as oldham have easier games. However they play Northampton at home on Saturday

Northampton who looked dead only have 2 games left but they are Oldham and Walsall!!

Very interesting set of matches & could well be 52 points required
Tuesday night on 18:11 - Apr 21 with 5894 viewsfrenzied

For the first time its out of our hands..hopefully come Tues its back in our control..

Generally poor today..Dale fans v quiet and players looked edgy at times..surprised how slowly Bradford started..they only played with any pace once they conceded.

Dale took every opportunity to waste time in the second half altho the booking for Lillis was odd as they were making a substitution at the time.

Cant see Plymouth bringing many up on a Tues evening so an opportunity for the Dale fans to generate an atmosphere to drive the lads on..
Tuesday night on 18:29 - Apr 21 with 5813 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tuesday night on 18:11 - Apr 21 by frenzied

For the first time its out of our hands..hopefully come Tues its back in our control..

Generally poor today..Dale fans v quiet and players looked edgy at times..surprised how slowly Bradford started..they only played with any pace once they conceded.

Dale took every opportunity to waste time in the second half altho the booking for Lillis was odd as they were making a substitution at the time.

Cant see Plymouth bringing many up on a Tues evening so an opportunity for the Dale fans to generate an atmosphere to drive the lads on..

It will be as flat as a witches tit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tuesday night on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 5772 viewsTVOS1907

Southend won 4-0 today. Hardly on the beach.

Unless you mean Oldham's pitch.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tuesday night on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 5312 viewsThe_DJ

It's about time Hill realises we can't hold a one goal lead.
Bradford were awful yesterday and should have been easily beaten.

The ' no fear ' is bullshit.
Dobre may have given us the spark to get a 2nd or even a 3rd.
Why bring the player in if you don't intend using him.

Time to take risks with subs or get relegated with a whimper.
Tuesday night on 10:22 - Apr 22 with 5306 viewsaleanddale

Massive Tuesday night.

Then on Saturday its Walsall v Northampton

On the basis that we need to take care of our business I think a cobblers win would suit us best.

The fixtures actually look like they could do us a couple of favours in the next 2 weeks!

A win Tuesday for the Dale puts a whole different perspective on the run in.
Tuesday night on 10:26 - Apr 22 with 5293 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 10:20 - Apr 22 by The_DJ

It's about time Hill realises we can't hold a one goal lead.
Bradford were awful yesterday and should have been easily beaten.

The ' no fear ' is bullshit.
Dobre may have given us the spark to get a 2nd or even a 3rd.
Why bring the player in if you don't intend using him.

Time to take risks with subs or get relegated with a whimper.

“No fear” hasn’t been used for 10 years.

Tuesday night on 10:28 - Apr 22 with 5284 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 10:22 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Massive Tuesday night.

Then on Saturday its Walsall v Northampton

On the basis that we need to take care of our business I think a cobblers win would suit us best.

The fixtures actually look like they could do us a couple of favours in the next 2 weeks!

A win Tuesday for the Dale puts a whole different perspective on the run in.

Of course it does, but how many times has that line been trotted out in the last few months?

Tuesday night on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 5283 viewsThe_DJ

Tuesday night on 10:26 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

“No fear” hasn’t been used for 10 years.

Really
Listen to Hill's interview from yesterday

'there should be No Fear'
Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday night on 10:35 - Apr 22 with 5247 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 10:30 - Apr 22 by The_DJ

Really
Listen to Hill's interview from yesterday

'there should be No Fear'

I meant used as a strap line, like ‘Team Rochdale’.

Where’s the interview, anyway?

Tuesday night on 10:36 - Apr 22 with 5252 viewsThe_DJ

Tuesday night on 10:35 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

I meant used as a strap line, like ‘Team Rochdale’.

Where’s the interview, anyway?

On pay as you go.
Tuesday night on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 5246 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 10:28 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

Of course it does, but how many times has that line been trotted out in the last few months?

A few but what does that tell you?

11 points behind I feared the worse.

We have closed the gap to one point and are playing better (imo ) than our rivals.

Not losing helps - just need the rub of the green and turn a performance into a win.

It tells me we have a great chance of survival and some positivity can only help.
Tuesday night on 10:41 - Apr 22 with 5226 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 10:36 - Apr 22 by The_DJ

On pay as you go.

Typical.

Tuesday night on 10:48 - Apr 22 with 5194 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 10:39 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

A few but what does that tell you?

11 points behind I feared the worse.

We have closed the gap to one point and are playing better (imo ) than our rivals.

Not losing helps - just need the rub of the green and turn a performance into a win.

It tells me we have a great chance of survival and some positivity can only help.

How do you know how our rivals are playing? Results count at this stage and Walsall aside, we haven’t really gained anything this week given how many games we’ve played and who we’ve played.

The rub of the green!! Our captain gets himself sent off, we miss a penalty and our keeper drops a clanger. We are totally responsible for all those things.

Of course we still have a chance of survival - not a great one - but the problem is we don’t look like winning often enough, nor do we look like losing. Three draws probably wouldn’t be sufficient.

Tuesday night on 12:01 - Apr 22 with 5067 viewsBartRowou

Just been on Pasoti (Plymouth forum). According to that, their recent performances have been lacklustre and they're missing somebody called Taylor who is integral to how they play, his replacement Grant being bashed a lot by Grant bashers. Oh and they were beaten by Northampton who are currently worse than we are.

We will therefore be playing against a team who are out of form but need to go for it. We can do this.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Tuesday night on 12:03 - Apr 22 with 5062 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I wonder if anyone had a bet on that last minute clanger. It was so bad you couldn`t have choreographed it. I don`t get Hill`s insistence on being so defensive yesterday. He should know better than anyone we can`t defend a lead. If the ball was in Bradford`s half they can`t score yet, we just sat further and further back and our attempts at time wasting were pathetic. In the end Bradford didn`t have to do anything to get the equalizer and the gift that keeps giving, at least one a season, gave without a whimper. We should have been out of sight but I blame the manager for being so negative. How can he expect the crowd to create a positive atmosphere when our defence implodes at the slightest hint of pressure. I`m afraid to say it but I can`t see where the next goal is coming from, never mind the next win. We`ll have to rely on Walsall or Oldham, or even Oxford to come off the rails. We have more chance of winning at Oxford than getting a point in either of our last two home games, but I feel so bloody depressed about it all, I can`t think straight!
Tuesday night on 12:20 - Apr 22 with 5026 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 10:48 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

How do you know how our rivals are playing? Results count at this stage and Walsall aside, we haven’t really gained anything this week given how many games we’ve played and who we’ve played.

The rub of the green!! Our captain gets himself sent off, we miss a penalty and our keeper drops a clanger. We are totally responsible for all those things.

Of course we still have a chance of survival - not a great one - but the problem is we don’t look like winning often enough, nor do we look like losing. Three draws probably wouldn’t be sufficient.

Well for a start I watched Oldham play last week.
Tuesday night on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 5010 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 12:20 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

The Oldham that's still above us?

Tuesday night on 12:39 - Apr 22 with 4989 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 12:24 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

The Oldham that's still above us?

Yes that Oldham.

Do you think we looked the better side last Tuesday night?

Is our recent record over 6 / 8 / 10 games better than them?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could better oldhams result on Tuesday and go above them?

I am not sure what you are trying to prove TVOS - ultimately we both want exactly the same thing.
Tuesday night on 12:44 - Apr 22 with 4967 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night on 12:39 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Yes that Oldham.

Do you think we looked the better side last Tuesday night?

Is our recent record over 6 / 8 / 10 games better than them?

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we could better oldhams result on Tuesday and go above them?

I am not sure what you are trying to prove TVOS - ultimately we both want exactly the same thing.

Oldham were poor and we should have beat them. But we didn't and we didn't at Boundary Park either.

We might beat Plymouth, they might lose to Southend and we'll be above them, but at this moment in time they are still above us. That is a fact, not a 'might do'.

I'm not trying to prove anything and of course I want us to win every single game we play, but I'm being realistic and the fact is, after 43 games and regardless of what has happened in the last 6/8/10 games, we are still in the relegation zone and have been throwing points away willy-nilly.

0-0 home draws v Oxford, MK Dons, Southend and Oldham aren't good enough, I'm afraid.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 12:45]

Tuesday night on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 4957 viewsaleanddale

Let's get a win Tuesday - put in the performance and get the result of the season on Saturday down at Oxford and have a right old celebration Saturday night.

Tuesday night on 12:54 - Apr 22 with 4938 viewsbiffoboffo

Tuesday night on 12:20 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

THE worst we have played all season with a makeshift defence full of kids, 3 of that 4 are not first choice. Still couldn’t beat us. On actual recent form, the last 6, Dale are one point better than Oldham. You need to be more realistic I think.

For what it’s worth I think we both stay up.
Tuesday night on 12:59 - Apr 22 with 4928 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 12:54 - Apr 22 by biffoboffo

THE worst we have played all season with a makeshift defence full of kids, 3 of that 4 are not first choice. Still couldn’t beat us. On actual recent form, the last 6, Dale are one point better than Oldham. You need to be more realistic I think.

For what it’s worth I think we both stay up.

hence my post was factual.

I would take that ( both surviving ) but plenty of football left to be played yet - for both sides.
Tuesday night on 13:06 - Apr 22 with 4902 viewsDale23years

Tuesday night on 12:59 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

hence my post was factual.

I would take that ( both surviving ) but plenty of football left to be played yet - for both sides.

if we played 4 at the back against Oldham, Bradford, we be out the Relegation places, but negative Hill cost us 4 points,

what's your opinion on Calvin and Joe T super strike force

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Tuesday night on 13:37 - Apr 22 with 4838 viewsJames1980

I have one thing to say for the remaining games SHOOOOOOOOTE. Not just when in the 6 yard box

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tuesday night on 15:46 - Apr 22 with 4606 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night on 13:06 - Apr 22 by Dale23years

if we played 4 at the back against Oldham, Bradford, we be out the Relegation places, but negative Hill cost us 4 points,

what's your opinion on Calvin and Joe T super strike force

WUM.

And a poor one at that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024