Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St George’s Day 13:47 - Apr 23 with 4133 viewsjonesy

Believe it or not today is St Georges Day. The media seem to be keeping very quiet about it. Presumably so as not to upset our ethnic minorities! WTF!
St George’s Day on 14:00 - Apr 23 with 4101 viewsScunnydale

Or perhaps they're focusing on the birth of the new royal baby.
St George’s Day on 14:17 - Apr 23 with 4067 viewsAtThePeake

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English, don't you?

(Edit: Figured the reference might be lost on some:)

[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 14:33]

Tangled up in blue.

St George’s Day on 14:26 - Apr 23 with 4041 viewsrod_leach

They need the money they'd spend on St Georges Day to pay to immigrants and benefit claimants whilst us hard working white people are at work earning enough for everyone
St George’s Day on 14:32 - Apr 23 with 4019 viewsD_Alien

St George’s Day on 14:17 - Apr 23 by AtThePeake

These days, you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English, don't you?

Anyone supporting England in Russia for the World Cup might do!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

St George’s Day on 14:35 - Apr 23 with 4010 viewsScunnydale

St George’s Day on 14:26 - Apr 23 by rod_leach

They need the money they'd spend on St Georges Day to pay to immigrants and benefit claimants whilst us hard working white people are at work earning enough for everyone

What money would they spend on St George's Day? I may have missed any traditional celebrations because I'm not yet 40. However, I can't remember us ever doing anything to celebrate St George's Day.

The only thing I ever hear about the day, is people saying we can't celebrate it due to immigrants, foreigners and, presumably, straw men.

What are the media supposed to say: "It's St George's Day today and, as usual, no one's doing anything"?
St George’s Day on 14:39 - Apr 23 with 3999 viewsrod_leach

St George’s Day on 14:35 - Apr 23 by Scunnydale

What money would they spend on St George's Day? I may have missed any traditional celebrations because I'm not yet 40. However, I can't remember us ever doing anything to celebrate St George's Day.

The only thing I ever hear about the day, is people saying we can't celebrate it due to immigrants, foreigners and, presumably, straw men.

What are the media supposed to say: "It's St George's Day today and, as usual, no one's doing anything"?

I assumed the OP wasn't being serious and joined in the sarcasm along with ATP. Don't tell me he means it, surely?
St George’s Day on 14:42 - Apr 23 with 3992 viewsScunnydale

St George’s Day on 14:39 - Apr 23 by rod_leach

I assumed the OP wasn't being serious and joined in the sarcasm along with ATP. Don't tell me he means it, surely?

Sorry Rod, I can never tell these days!

Ever year, there's at least one person who pipes up with the OP's post on something I read. If it is sarcasm, fair enough!
St George’s Day on 15:30 - Apr 23 with 3916 viewsjonesy

Interesting responses!
Login to get fewer ads

St George’s Day on 15:33 - Apr 23 with 3897 views442Dale

St George’s Day on 15:30 - Apr 23 by jonesy

Interesting responses!

They are, because not many can see the point being made.

Unless we’re going to start talking about dragons, then I’m done.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

St George’s Day on 15:44 - Apr 23 with 3866 viewsrochdale_ranger

Only feeble little countries celebrate their patron saints.
St George’s Day on 16:37 - Apr 23 with 3768 viewsoff2div1

My feeble town Morley,Leeds West Yorkshire celebrate St George every year.
They put on a good show and will welcome any Lancastrians next year.
The local council is run by the Morley Independent party and this is why we have this event every year.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/pictured-over-20-000-turn-out-to-cel
St George’s Day on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 3662 viewsJimmyRustler

It annoys me how more people 'celebrate' St Paddy's day and use it as an excuse to get absolutely obliterated but they're both pointless and worthless to me tbh
St George’s Day on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 3616 viewsdingdangblue

St George’s Day on 15:44 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Only feeble little countries celebrate their patron saints.

Yes - an excuse for the Irish to get pissed and have a day off - not that they need one!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

St George’s Day on 23:06 - Apr 23 with 3360 viewsDiddyDave

In the fifties and sixties St.Georges Day was celebrated on the closest Sunday by Scouts,Girl Guides,Boys Brigades,etc,with a parade through the town centre. But like the Whitsunday Parades it petered out,no doubt never to be seen again,so ultimately St.George is just about forgotten now,apart from the flag being used by England supporters at sporting events. The only reason why the Irish celebrate St.Patricks Day,the Scots celebrate St.Andrews Day and the Welsh celebrate St.Davids Day is really just about showing that they`re NOT English. So why do we not now celebrate that we are English,what the f*ck is wrong with that? It`s almost like we should be ashamed of being English,so how has it got to this?
St George’s Day on 00:14 - Apr 24 with 3323 viewsrochdale_ranger

St George’s Day on 23:06 - Apr 23 by DiddyDave

In the fifties and sixties St.Georges Day was celebrated on the closest Sunday by Scouts,Girl Guides,Boys Brigades,etc,with a parade through the town centre. But like the Whitsunday Parades it petered out,no doubt never to be seen again,so ultimately St.George is just about forgotten now,apart from the flag being used by England supporters at sporting events. The only reason why the Irish celebrate St.Patricks Day,the Scots celebrate St.Andrews Day and the Welsh celebrate St.Davids Day is really just about showing that they`re NOT English. So why do we not now celebrate that we are English,what the f*ck is wrong with that? It`s almost like we should be ashamed of being English,so how has it got to this?

You have just basically admitted that other countries celebrate their own patron saints for shitty reasons. English people are far to cool and laid back to get overexcited for Saint George’s day. Getting overexcited over tacky things isn’t in our national character. England is a big country that talks itself down we aren’t that insecure that we need to rally around a made up icon that killed a made up mythical creature.
St George’s Day on 00:44 - Apr 24 with 3305 viewsdalefertcup2

St George’s Day on 14:17 - Apr 23 by AtThePeake

Not everyone’s bag but creases me up thanks for reminding me of it
St George’s Day on 07:20 - Apr 24 with 3203 viewsrod_leach

St George’s Day on 23:06 - Apr 23 by DiddyDave

There are still parades in the town centre by uniformed organisations on the Sunday closest to St Georges Day in Rochdale, Heywood & Middleton. Have a look on Rochdale Online
St George’s Day on 08:24 - Apr 24 with 3149 viewsDiddyDave

St George’s Day on 07:20 - Apr 24 by rod_leach

There are still parades in the town centre by uniformed organisations on the Sunday closest to St Georges Day in Rochdale, Heywood & Middleton. Have a look on Rochdale Online

Yes,thanks,my missus was just on Facebook and saw a few photos of a group of people outside the Town Hall,so at least it`s not been completely forgotten.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024