Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The changes have begun at Oldham 11:53 - May 8 with 25275 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44040700

Bet there is an awful lot of Oldham fans wish this had happened a long time ago.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:22 - May 8 with 12875 viewsFrog

A 21 year stay in the third tier?
The changes have begun at Oldham on 21:19 - May 8 with 12729 viewsrochdaleriddler

I thought it was the new owner that was the problem

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The changes have begun at Oldham on 23:17 - May 8 with 12560 viewsToffeemanc

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:22 - May 8 by Frog

🎶 The Oldham Division .............. it needs a new name 🎶

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:00 - May 9 with 12392 viewsDorkingDale

Third tier, not fourth.....
The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:18 - May 9 with 12341 viewsdownunder

Massive consequences from that decision.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:35 - May 9 with 12326 viewsdingdangblue

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:22 - May 8 by Frog

Yes.
1st Premier, 2nd Championship, 3rd league 1.
They've spent 21 years in league 1.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 12:28 - May 9 with 12177 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:18 - May 9 by downunder

Massive consequences from that decision.

yes... positive ones.

I think some external observers are confused. Corney was hanging around like a bad smell since he sold. The new owner and other board members have effectively told him to feck off. This is good news.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 12:28 - May 9 with 12174 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 21:19 - May 8 by rochdaleriddler

I thought it was the new owner that was the problem

absolutely not! breath of fresh air. just has a lot of tidying up to do.
Login to get fewer ads

The changes have begun at Oldham on 14:27 - May 9 with 12003 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 12:28 - May 9 by biffoboffo

yes... positive ones.

I think some external observers are confused. Corney was hanging around like a bad smell since he sold. The new owner and other board members have effectively told him to feck off. This is good news.

So what about Bary Owen. Why has he left ? Was he pushed, or did he walk? If so, why ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:57 - May 9 with 11897 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 14:27 - May 9 by SuddenLad

So what about Bary Owen. Why has he left ? Was he pushed, or did he walk? If so, why ?

Barry Owen?? He was an insignificance. He left when the new owner bought in. If he hadn’t he would have def been pushed. The board is now Trust and the new owner. New owner bought the full 97% from Corney. Trust retains its 3% and a seat on the board. For some reason Corney decided to delay his resignation from board, so he was booted this week.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:31 - May 9 with 11807 viewsaleanddale

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:57 - May 9 by biffoboffo

Barry Owen?? He was an insignificance. He left when the new owner bought in. If he hadn’t he would have def been pushed. The board is now Trust and the new owner. New owner bought the full 97% from Corney. Trust retains its 3% and a seat on the board. For some reason Corney decided to delay his resignation from board, so he was booted this week.

New Owner is a football agent?.

Well it certainly worked well at Wolves this season.

You have to hope you have somebody who actually knows what he is doing and no smoke and mirrors or you could have a version of the Milky bar kid at Giggle.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:43 - May 9 with 11760 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:57 - May 9 by biffoboffo

Owen only left after Simon Corney was 'chopped' according to a report I read. So why would he be 'pushed' anyway ? Where is any new funding coming from ?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:09 - May 9 with 11536 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:43 - May 9 by SuddenLad

Owen only left after Simon Corney was 'chopped' according to a report I read. So why would he be 'pushed' anyway ? Where is any new funding coming from ?

Bloody hell. You don’t read the sun do you!? Ha.

He left in March. Thank god.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 22:13]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:17 - May 9 with 11501 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:09 - May 9 by biffoboffo

Bloody hell. You don’t read the sun do you!? Ha.

He left in March. Thank god.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 22:13]

Typical response when there is no real answer to provide. Bury are the current masters of the 'smoke and mirrors' nonsense when it comes to truth and finances.There are still many question marks over the true situation at BP. Some OAFC fans I know are seriously worried about the future of the club and fear administration following relegation.

Burying heads in the sand isn't very productive. Time will tell......

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:31 - May 10 with 11298 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:17 - May 9 by SuddenLad

Typical response when there is no real answer to provide. Bury are the current masters of the 'smoke and mirrors' nonsense when it comes to truth and finances.There are still many question marks over the true situation at BP. Some OAFC fans I know are seriously worried about the future of the club and fear administration following relegation.

What are you on about?

The club was sold to a new owner by Corney. Have you missed that bit? There aren’t any questions. The shareholding is on companies house for all to see. It’s very straight forward.,

I know you desire our downfall but that alone won’t make it happen.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 15:33]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 05:18 - May 11 with 11084 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 22:17 - May 9 by SuddenLad

What on earth are you talking about? 😅😅

There’s absolutely no reason to fear admin
The changes have begun at Oldham on 08:08 - May 11 with 10952 viewsMoonyDale

The changes have begun at Oldham on 05:18 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

What on earth are you talking about? 😅😅

There’s absolutely no reason to fear admin

Creditors might think differently......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:33 - May 11 with 10864 viewsmoth5368

They aren’t paying all their bills though. This may be ‘administrative errors’ a la fat boy Day or it might be a deeper issue. If it’s a problem you probably won’t find out till it’s too late. I’m so pleased we know the provenance of our chairman/board,
The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:18 - May 11 with 10801 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 09:33 - May 11 by moth5368

They aren’t paying all their bills though. This may be ‘administrative errors’ a la fat boy Day or it might be a deeper issue. If it’s a problem you probably won’t find out till it’s too late. I’m so pleased we know the provenance of our chairman/board,

Such claims are libellous. I trust that your source is more reliable than an article in that rag The Sun by our disgruntled former chairman?
The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:20 - May 11 with 10778 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:18 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

Such claims are libellous. I trust that your source is more reliable than an article in that rag The Sun by our disgruntled former chairman?

Your 'disgruntled former Chairman' should have a better idea of what's going on than any of us - or you.

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:29 - May 11 with 10781 viewsD_Alien

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:18 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

"Town full of paedos"

Such claims are libellous, but we're not stupid enough to take several hundred of you to court, so pipe down with your spurious indignation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:29 - May 11 with 10778 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:20 - May 11 by SuddenLad

Your 'disgruntled former Chairman' should have a better idea of what's going on than any of us - or you.

You don’t get it mate, sorry.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:31 - May 11 with 10756 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:29 - May 11 by MASSIVEclub

You don’t get it mate, sorry.

I'm glad ro say that I don't get The Sun either.

The changes have begun at Oldham on 12:34 - May 11 with 10678 viewsMASSIVEclub

Simon Corney is the biggest crook in English football. He’s an absolute charlatan - as bad as Oyston. Last year the Supporter’s Trust raised around £30,000 to fund a new scoreboard. Corney took it upon himself to use this money for LED advertising boards instead without consulting those who had donated. Ok, you might say it is a little sneaky but nothing major - the product is similar and the football club will ultimately benefit from the new revenue. Except there was one little issue - the boards weren’t owned by the football club. A new company called LED media ltd registered at Boundary Park had miraculously appeared out of nowehere. The sole director? Simon Corney. He even had the cheek to bill his accommodation and flights to China where he sourced these boards to the football club. He literally used supporter’s charitable donations to benefit his own private business interests, he has no morals. The club put out a statement essentially guilt-tripping supporters who had the cheek to ask for refunds on their donations and the window to collect said refunds was extremely short - two days. The window for refunds was only extended after Corney realised he’d end up in a courtroom if he refused because these crowdfunders are covered by charitable trust law.

Read this article from a couple of years ago if you’re interested in how this chancer has completely raped the club’s assets https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/oldham-athletic-the

Corney has time and time again shut the fans representative on the board out of meetings and denied the Trust their legal right to inspect the accounts.He also placed the club one missed payment away from being handed over to Stephen Vaughan’s bent mates. Yes, that’s Stephen Vaughan who destroyed Chester City. There are numerous other things that I’ve been told about Corney - from people who are usually bang on and I have no reason to disbelieve - that I won’t publicise because I have no proof. Let’s just say that he’s *allegedly* a very dodgy individual. The Sun article was his spiteful last farewell.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 13:16 - May 11 with 10599 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 11:20 - May 11 by SuddenLad

What a ridiculous statement based on not having a clue about the situation

It would be like saying the same about Bury once the current lunatic has left as chairman there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024