Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 10:38 - May 17 with 26687 viewsShun

I see pitch renovations are well underway. The club said earlier this year though that over the summer we were laying a pitch that would take a bit longer to lay but would last significantly longer (as in, a number of seasons instead of just one or half of one) and result in fewer postponements, a similar pitch to Wembley.

There’s no mention of that in the current article though, and Premier Pitches are mentioned who I believe were responsible for the past two pitches. Have the plans for the super pitch been scrapped?
Pitch on 11:18 - Aug 5 with 3686 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 11:13 - Aug 5 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Believe a replacement has now been sorted, from Bolton Wanderers I believe.

Or you just know and are enjoying the attention.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 3664 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 11:18 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Or you just know and are enjoying the attention.

Your choice whether you pay attention or not. Merely posted a comment that doesn’t necessarily need replying too, therefore any ‘attention’ given to it is down to individuals.
Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 with 3647 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 11:24 - Aug 5 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Your choice whether you pay attention or not. Merely posted a comment that doesn’t necessarily need replying too, therefore any ‘attention’ given to it is down to individuals.

OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 11:34]

Pitch on 12:11 - Aug 5 with 3534 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

OK, but why not tell the full story instead of the constant cryptic and "I know what's going on" posts?

My guess is the cloak of anonymity would then be lifted so folk could see underneath. This in turn could mean the leaks may dry up? Just a guess and not really bovvered (sic) either way. Que sera sera.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 06:34 - Aug 6 with 3179 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 11:27 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

Nothing cryptic about it, unfortunately at this moment in time I don’t know the persons nane, address, date of birth of national insurance number.
Pitch on 13:02 - Aug 6 with 2915 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 06:34 - Aug 6 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Nothing cryptic about it, unfortunately at this moment in time I don’t know the persons nane, address, date of birth of national insurance number.

Well when you do find out, be sure to let us know.

Pitch on 22:10 - Aug 6 with 2652 viewskiwidale

I don't quite understand why some on here are less than welcoming to NBLG and his posts? He whoever he is (I have formed my own opinion) has information that is not public and he seems to be spot on. Why some take umbrage is their prerogative but for me and I suspect the majority his posts have a ring of authenticity and are informative. One thing is for sure the repercussions of last years pitch debacle are ongoing and I for one would like to hear the full story if not on here then by private message.

This is not the time for bickering.

Pitch on 22:41 - Aug 6 with 2598 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 22:10 - Aug 6 by kiwidale

I don't quite understand why some on here are less than welcoming to NBLG and his posts? He whoever he is (I have formed my own opinion) has information that is not public and he seems to be spot on. Why some take umbrage is their prerogative but for me and I suspect the majority his posts have a ring of authenticity and are informative. One thing is for sure the repercussions of last years pitch debacle are ongoing and I for one would like to hear the full story if not on here then by private message.

"He whoever he is (I have formed my own opinion) has information that is not public "

It shouldn't be posted on here then, should it?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 22:56 - Aug 6 with 2558 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 22:41 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

"He whoever he is (I have formed my own opinion) has information that is not public "

It shouldn't be posted on here then, should it?

Many things posted on here are not in the "public domain" that's why we speculate and give rise to rumours which continue. Are you suggesting we don't talk about an issue unless the Club makes it public?.. good luck with that.

Pitch on 22:57 - Aug 6 with 2554 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 22:56 - Aug 6 by kiwidale

Many things posted on here are not in the "public domain" that's why we speculate and give rise to rumours which continue. Are you suggesting we don't talk about an issue unless the Club makes it public?.. good luck with that.

No.

Pitch on 06:05 - Aug 15 with 2256 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

New assistant groundsman now been appointed as well. From Oldham.

Might of been the lure of getting paid on time that swayed it for him.
Pitch on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 2141 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 06:05 - Aug 15 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

New assistant groundsman now been appointed as well. From Oldham.

Might of been the lure of getting paid on time that swayed it for him.

Is this common knowledge?

Pitch on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 2114 viewsnordenblue

Pitch on 11:18 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

It is now...
Pitch on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 1925 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 11:18 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Yes, as both the new Head Groundsman and his assistant have had their positions at both Bolton and Oldham respectively advertised on their club websites.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/vacancy-training-ground-senior-groundsma

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/14082018-vacancy-deputy-head-g
Pitch on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 1887 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 21:27 - Aug 16 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Yes, as both the new Head Groundsman and his assistant have had their positions at both Bolton and Oldham respectively advertised on their club websites.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/vacancy-training-ground-senior-groundsma

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/14082018-vacancy-deputy-head-g

I can't see Rochdale mentioned anywhere on those links.

Pitch on 21:51 - Aug 16 with 1868 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 21:43 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

I can't see Rochdale mentioned anywhere on those links.

Just out of interest what are you trying to prove?

Pitch on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1846 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 21:51 - Aug 16 by kiwidale

Just out of interest what are you trying to prove?

Work it out.

Pitch on 22:09 - Aug 16 with 1808 viewsscarrow

Pitch on 22:56 - Aug 6 by kiwidale

It's more about having respect. I'm sure lots of people hear things from staff, players, directors etc and 99% are respectful and keep the information quiet. It's unprofessional all the gossip about the groundstaff. It shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum. Why should every decision be made public by the club. They've been public about the pitch about it's work both on line and at fans forums what more do you need from them?

Poll: Final position

Pitch on 22:15 - Aug 16 with 1788 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 22:09 - Aug 16 by scarrow

It's more about having respect. I'm sure lots of people hear things from staff, players, directors etc and 99% are respectful and keep the information quiet. It's unprofessional all the gossip about the groundstaff. It shouldn't be mentioned on a public forum. Why should every decision be made public by the club. They've been public about the pitch about it's work both on line and at fans forums what more do you need from them?

Exactly.

Pitch on 22:51 - Aug 16 with 1738 viewskiwidale

The dismissal of whoever was responsible for the pitch fiasco is a sensitive issue however the clubs actions paint a clear picture as to who the club held responsible. having said that what exactly is disrespectful about the appointment of new ground staff?

Pitch on 22:54 - Aug 16 with 1733 viewsscarrow

Pitch on 22:51 - Aug 16 by kiwidale

The dismissal of whoever was responsible for the pitch fiasco is a sensitive issue however the clubs actions paint a clear picture as to who the club held responsible. having said that what exactly is disrespectful about the appointment of new ground staff?

Did I mention disrespect? No just someone like nordenlovesbovril ought to keep his mouth shut. It's the club's business who they employ and don't employ. Staff change and is it the business of people on the forum? NO.

Poll: Final position

Pitch on 23:02 - Aug 16 with 1722 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 22:51 - Aug 16 by kiwidale

It's more to do with someone posting information on here that hasn't been confirmed by the club, a bit like when rumours start about potential signings.

That one of those rumours was about the personal circumstances of groundstaff made it, in my book, out of order.

Surely you can see that someone has got inside information that they are using for nefarious means.

If not, why did you ask for them to PM you more information?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 23:04]

Pitch on 23:58 - Aug 16 with 1692 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 23:02 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

It's more to do with someone posting information on here that hasn't been confirmed by the club, a bit like when rumours start about potential signings.

That one of those rumours was about the personal circumstances of groundstaff made it, in my book, out of order.

Surely you can see that someone has got inside information that they are using for nefarious means.

If not, why did you ask for them to PM you more information?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 23:04]

A/ Without a doubt NBLG has a bee in his bonnet

B/ There is nothing rumour or speculative about the about the repercussions involving former ground staff.

C/ Nefarious... ADJECTIVE (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"
synonyms: wicked · evil · iniquitous · sinful · nefarious · vile · foul · monstrous · shocking · outrageous · atrocious · abominable · reprehensible · hateful

Really? you have led a gentle life.

D/ Its been a topic posted on this message board several times now, as with most things its open to discussion and speculation if that's not allowed please point me to the rules that forbid it?

Pitch on 00:05 - Aug 17 with 1689 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch on 23:58 - Aug 16 by kiwidale

A/ Without a doubt NBLG has a bee in his bonnet

B/ There is nothing rumour or speculative about the about the repercussions involving former ground staff.

C/ Nefarious... ADJECTIVE (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"
synonyms: wicked · evil · iniquitous · sinful · nefarious · vile · foul · monstrous · shocking · outrageous · atrocious · abominable · reprehensible · hateful

Really? you have led a gentle life.

D/ Its been a topic posted on this message board several times now, as with most things its open to discussion and speculation if that's not allowed please point me to the rules that forbid it?

I used ‘nefarious’ to exaggerate the point, as you seemed to be missing it.

The rest of your post backs that up.

Pitch on 00:44 - Aug 17 with 1702 viewskiwidale

Pitch on 22:54 - Aug 16 by scarrow

Did I mention disrespect? No just someone like nordenlovesbovril ought to keep his mouth shut. It's the club's business who they employ and don't employ. Staff change and is it the business of people on the forum? NO.

Nice try using semantics but yes you did mention it.

It's more about having respect.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024