Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 10:38 - May 17 with 26686 viewsShun

I see pitch renovations are well underway. The club said earlier this year though that over the summer we were laying a pitch that would take a bit longer to lay but would last significantly longer (as in, a number of seasons instead of just one or half of one) and result in fewer postponements, a similar pitch to Wembley.

There’s no mention of that in the current article though, and Premier Pitches are mentioned who I believe were responsible for the past two pitches. Have the plans for the super pitch been scrapped?
Pitch on 10:47 - May 17 with 17128 viewsSaxonDale

Hope whatever option has been put in place has been taken with the lessons learnt from last season and with the long term very much in place. We can't afford for the pitch to give way on us midway through a season again.
Pitch on 13:09 - May 17 with 16890 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

New pitch was never going in, I posted as much on this forum in February when they originally said it was going to be a new pitch.

Make do and mend. Again.
Pitch on 13:38 - May 17 with 16809 viewsShun

Pitch on 13:09 - May 17 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

New pitch was never going in, I posted as much on this forum in February when they originally said it was going to be a new pitch.

Make do and mend. Again.

I was trying to remember whether it was the club or you who’d told us about the Wembley style pitch. So that’s definitely not happening now?
Pitch on 14:17 - May 17 with 16743 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Wasn’t me and was never going to happen anyway.
Pitch on 20:04 - May 17 with 16403 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-part-2/

<<“In the longer term, the pitch will be getting a full renovation in the Summer. A company has been booked to install a Fibresand pitch, with this company responsible for pitches at Wembley and Twickenham.”>>

A company was booked for the work. Will the pitch now be a fibresand pitch?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 20:32 - May 17 with 16351 viewsRalphs12

Also, see that Drew is now the head groundsman, whatever happened to the other fella?
Pitch on 22:51 - May 17 with 16146 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch on 20:04 - May 17 by 442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-part-2/

<<“In the longer term, the pitch will be getting a full renovation in the Summer. A company has been booked to install a Fibresand pitch, with this company responsible for pitches at Wembley and Twickenham.”>>

A company was booked for the work. Will the pitch now be a fibresand pitch?

Ask nblg, he knows everything

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch on 23:28 - May 17 with 16103 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I drove past Turf Moor this aft.......they were getting their sand delivered by the lorry load.

I wonder if their Groundsman knows which is the correct sand.....it really does help.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 07:31 - May 18 with 15912 viewsYouTubeDale

Pitch on 20:32 - May 17 by Ralphs12

Also, see that Drew is now the head groundsman, whatever happened to the other fella?

Head found buried in the sand.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Pitch on 19:23 - May 18 with 15604 viewsRalphs12

Pitch on 07:31 - May 18 by YouTubeDale

Head found buried in the sand.

Pitch on 12:39 - May 19 with 15318 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 22:51 - May 17 by rochdaleriddler

Ask nblg, he knows everything

It’s the existing indigenous soil base which originally had Fibresand ameliorated into it a few years ago with bits of drainage done here and there, though over the years lack of ‘topping up’ of the Fibresand coupled with the two returfings has seen the majority disappear. The reinforced turf used in February has been stripped off and Fibresand topped up to a much better level, with work taking around 5-6 days to complete and probably at a ballpark cost of around £50-60k including materials.

Worth noting a ‘new Fibresand pitch’ including new drainage and irrigation etc,which is what was originally communicated by the club, would take 3-4 weeks to complete and would cost up to £500k so whilst problems may not resurface immediately, don’t expect them to be a million miles away.
Pitch on 13:21 - May 19 with 15275 viewsJames1980

Has anyone seen Keith Hill and The Ground Staff perusing packets of grass seed in the local garden centre?

Keith Hill and The Ground Staff sounds like a band from the 60s or 70s

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch on 15:54 - May 19 with 15146 views442Dale

Pitch on 12:39 - May 19 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

It’s the existing indigenous soil base which originally had Fibresand ameliorated into it a few years ago with bits of drainage done here and there, though over the years lack of ‘topping up’ of the Fibresand coupled with the two returfings has seen the majority disappear. The reinforced turf used in February has been stripped off and Fibresand topped up to a much better level, with work taking around 5-6 days to complete and probably at a ballpark cost of around £50-60k including materials.

Worth noting a ‘new Fibresand pitch’ including new drainage and irrigation etc,which is what was originally communicated by the club, would take 3-4 weeks to complete and would cost up to £500k so whilst problems may not resurface immediately, don’t expect them to be a million miles away.

Interesting insight.

As is this: https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/oakwell-renovation/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch on 06:38 - Jul 16 with 14508 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

I believe the search is on for a third Head Groundsman in 6 months?
Pitch on 08:18 - Jul 16 with 14360 viewsShun

Pitch on 06:38 - Jul 16 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Trouble on the green?
Pitch on 08:59 - Jul 16 with 14291 viewsmingthemerciless

The pitch looked great on Saturday.
Pitch on 13:59 - Jul 16 with 13904 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch on 08:18 - Jul 16 by Shun

Trouble on the green?

Russ getting blamed for everything!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch on 06:42 - Jul 19 with 13328 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 06:38 - Jul 16 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Assistant groundsman also serving their notice as well, last one out switch off the lights.
Pitch on 13:45 - Jul 19 with 13014 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 06:42 - Jul 19 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Assistant groundsman also serving their notice as well, last one out switch off the lights.

Are the Makin way for someone else? 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 12869 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 13:45 - Jul 19 by dingdangblue

Are the Makin way for someone else? 😉

110% no.
Pitch on 15:58 - Jul 19 with 12859 viewsThe_Knightowl

Well Brexit or a Belgexit could change minds............but tbh Olly certainly knows how to make grass cutters look sexy on his twitter feed and I don't have a lawn let alone a pitch !
Pitch on 18:37 - Jul 19 with 12689 viewsShun

Pitch on 06:42 - Jul 19 by NordenBoysLoveGravy

Was it our decision or theirs?
Pitch on 19:33 - Jul 19 with 12615 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch on 18:37 - Jul 19 by Shun

Maybe they thought the grass was greener?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch on 09:30 - Jul 20 with 12309 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Pitch on 18:37 - Jul 19 by Shun

Both of their own choice it seems.
Pitch on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 11798 viewsNordenBoysLoveGravy

Believe a replacement has now been sorted, from Bolton Wanderers I believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024