Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans.. 13:36 - May 19 with 2833 viewsdale1968

Now all the controversy regarding this young man has now pretty much died down, I wonder if we could make a move for him during the Summer??

I see he has been relatively unused since his return to Sheff U and could possibly benefit from a potential guarantee of 1st Team Football again and return to the sort of player we know he once was?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Ched Evans.. on 13:42 - May 19 with 2816 viewsNathaniel82

I’d certainly take him. Always rated him.
Ched Evans.. on 13:46 - May 19 with 2803 viewsD_Alien

I'd welcome it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans.. on 14:19 - May 19 with 2719 viewsShun

Controversy will follow him for the rest of his career I think. I feel like as a club we’re well respected and well liked in the footballing community for recent stories such as Josh McCormack, the Spurs games, Joe Thompson, added to the fact that we’re a small club playing good football above our typical position. I wouldn’t want to tarnish that to sign a player who still has so much negativity about him.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:24]
Ched Evans.. on 14:41 - May 19 with 2669 views442Dale

Footballing reasons alone I’ve failed to see why he’s rated so highly. He had one excellent season at this level for a team that should be better than anyone else anyway, that was six years ago. Made little impact at Chesterfield on his return before Sheff U signed him to bolster their numbers where he’s done nowt.

We need to recruit wisely.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 14:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ched Evans.. on 15:21 - May 19 with 2589 viewsD_Dale

Ched Evans.. on 14:41 - May 19 by 442Dale

Footballing reasons alone I’ve failed to see why he’s rated so highly. He had one excellent season at this level for a team that should be better than anyone else anyway, that was six years ago. Made little impact at Chesterfield on his return before Sheff U signed him to bolster their numbers where he’s done nowt.

We need to recruit wisely.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 14:42]

Agree entirely. Leaving aside the notoriety associated with him, his last goal was on 10 December 2016, 25 appearances ago. He'd be a too big, and an unnecessary, gamble.
Ched Evans.. on 16:02 - May 19 with 2510 viewselectricblue

Get a proper preseason in him and he could just be the striker dale require...

As for the controversy thats all water under the bridge isnt it !

Hill would probably give him a miss anyway..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Ched Evans.. on 16:41 - May 19 with 2429 viewsrochdale_ranger

Ched Evans.. on 14:19 - May 19 by Shun

Controversy will follow him for the rest of his career I think. I feel like as a club we’re well respected and well liked in the footballing community for recent stories such as Josh McCormack, the Spurs games, Joe Thompson, added to the fact that we’re a small club playing good football above our typical position. I wouldn’t want to tarnish that to sign a player who still has so much negativity about him.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:24]

Typical of you to come out with such tripe. The lad has practically had his life ruined because he decided to bed a lying vindictive horrible little woman. You were on here a few month ago extolling the virtue of the #metoo movement well what about the virtue of men falsely accused of rape? He should be allowed to move on with his head held high and his dignity intact. I would have him.
Ched Evans.. on 17:24 - May 19 with 2365 viewstony_roch975

Ched Evans.. on 16:41 - May 19 by rochdale_ranger

Typical of you to come out with such tripe. The lad has practically had his life ruined because he decided to bed a lying vindictive horrible little woman. You were on here a few month ago extolling the virtue of the #metoo movement well what about the virtue of men falsely accused of rape? He should be allowed to move on with his head held high and his dignity intact. I would have him.

Technically the use of 'trial of witness' evidence of past negative behaviour led to the testimony of the woman not being believed beyond reasonable doubt as to whether Evans' behaviour was illegal but it was still crass, sexist, amoral and unworthy of someone lucky enough to be vastly overpaid for kicking a football. This club is better than that.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans.. on 17:38 - May 19 with 2342 viewsShun

Ched Evans.. on 16:41 - May 19 by rochdale_ranger

Similarly I expected nothing else from you, rr, than a post that misses the point. The #metoo campaign wasn’t just about rape, it was about respect for women - something Evans clearly has none of. Yes, he was found not guilty of rape but to say he should hold his head high is indicative of your antiquated and backwards attitude.
Ched Evans.. on 17:41 - May 19 with 2336 viewsrochdale_ranger

Ched Evans.. on 17:24 - May 19 by tony_roch975

Technically the use of 'trial of witness' evidence of past negative behaviour led to the testimony of the woman not being believed beyond reasonable doubt as to whether Evans' behaviour was illegal but it was still crass, sexist, amoral and unworthy of someone lucky enough to be vastly overpaid for kicking a football. This club is better than that.

She was up for getting spit roasted of two footballers how is it sexist for the guys to go for it. Footage of her walking arm in arm with them both on the cctv says it all really. I don’t look to footballers for my moral compass. Could he get twenty a season for Rochdale under Hills management. Yes.
Ched Evans.. on 17:48 - May 19 with 2322 viewsDale92

Their is literally Zero chance of it happening. We cant afford him hell be on good money there. Done was different they still owed us money we called it quits, i believe. Hes a top league 1 striker if anything he'll go somewhere like Sunderland and do well.

This is the One, I've waited for

Ched Evans.. on 18:02 - May 19 with 2290 viewsrochdale_ranger

Ched Evans.. on 17:38 - May 19 by Shun

Similarly I expected nothing else from you, rr, than a post that misses the point. The #metoo campaign wasn’t just about rape, it was about respect for women - something Evans clearly has none of. Yes, he was found not guilty of rape but to say he should hold his head high is indicative of your antiquated and backwards attitude.

I am genuinely respectful of all people at all times despite my cutting and abrasive writing style I don’t need a bunch of Hollywood hypocrites who have sucked dick to get parts in plays and movies to get that message across to me. Now where has Evans shown a disrespect of women if you wouldn’t mind enlightening mr antiquated Rochdale_ranger?
Ched Evans.. on 20:00 - May 19 with 2119 viewsKenBoon

Ched Evans.. on 17:41 - May 19 by rochdale_ranger

She was up for getting spit roasted of two footballers how is it sexist for the guys to go for it. Footage of her walking arm in arm with them both on the cctv says it all really. I don’t look to footballers for my moral compass. Could he get twenty a season for Rochdale under Hills management. Yes.

I thought Evans arrived afterwards. That is why he was originally found guilty and the other lad not.
Ched Evans.. on 22:43 - May 19 with 1871 viewsMIlnrowdale

Given half a chance sign him up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024