Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tickets and travel to ground 12:02 - May 20 with 1286 viewsJames1980

Living in Sussex, Brighton is the team nearest to me. The match tickets home and away, plus season tickets, include free public transport within a certain catchment area. Would Dale doing such a thing help to increase attendance? If it did would it be sufficient to cover any subsidy paid to the public transport providers

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:06 - May 20 with 1274 viewsTVOS1907

Probably not, James.

The difference is that Brighton are able to fill their ground for every game, so schemes like this are worth it to them.

Access is also difficult to the Amex Stadium and any financial losses are offset by the money they make by being in the Premier League.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:10 - May 20 with 1266 viewsJames1980

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:06 - May 20 by TVOS1907

Probably not, James.

The difference is that Brighton are able to fill their ground for every game, so schemes like this are worth it to them.

Access is also difficult to the Amex Stadium and any financial losses are offset by the money they make by being in the Premier League.

So any increase in gate receipts and season tickets would be negligible, and insufficient to cover payments to Rosso etc

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:12 - May 20 with 1259 viewsTVOS1907

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:10 - May 20 by James1980

So any increase in gate receipts and season tickets would be negligible, and insufficient to cover payments to Rosso etc

I doubt there would be an increase, so yes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tickets and travel to ground on 12:58 - May 20 with 1229 viewswindowsbug

I remember having to get the bus to the ground when they played at Withdean.
What an absolute joke.
On later visits we managed to park on the pub carpark just outside the ground.
Why build a new ground and not have a reasonable amount of parking, even if it's just for visitors?
Tickets and travel to ground on 13:29 - May 20 with 1194 viewsKenBoon

Spotland is really poor for public transport anyway. When I get the train to matches I always end up walking from the station. When I lived in the big smoke (Littleborough) to use public transport to get to Spotland involved a journey into town and then one of the small buses to Spotland. Both operated by different companies so it’d cost in the region of £7 return. A taxi is cheaper if there’s two of you.
Tickets and travel to ground on 16:44 - May 20 with 1029 viewsmikehunt

Let's say you could get a town centre pub (Regal Moon?) to sponsor a matchday coach which made a few shuttle runs up to the ground. Might get one or two more coming to the ground. Pub should get some extra business too, so something in it for them.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Tickets and travel to ground on 17:07 - May 20 with 1003 viewsdeeplishblue

Wasn't this done about 10 years ago. Cheap or free transport from town? Was very poor take up if I recall.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Tickets and travel to ground on 17:58 - May 20 with 936 viewsJames1980

Tickets and travel to ground on 17:07 - May 20 by deeplishblue

Wasn't this done about 10 years ago. Cheap or free transport from town? Was very poor take up if I recall.

Bearing in mind the team's improvement in the last 10 years. Would such a scheme get more interest nowadays?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024