Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Article on Delaney 22:21 - May 23 with 3233 viewsDale96

I thought this was a good read, especially the part about BBM's role in the transfer.

http://www.the42.ie/ryan-delaney-may-2018-4007511-May2018/?utm_source=shortlink
[Post edited 23 May 2018 22:30]
Interesting Article on Delaney on 22:47 - May 23 with 3157 viewsD_Dale

A fine find!

Perhaps Ryan has the potential to follow a similar route to Craig Dawson - including (a point not really mentioned in the article) the ability to be both an effective defender as well as to score a few goals.
Interesting Article on Delaney on 23:31 - May 23 with 3098 viewsAtThePeake

Good article.

I really like this kid and think he will be vital to us next season.

Tangled up in blue.

Interesting Article on Delaney on 07:54 - May 24 with 2929 viewsEllDale

Excellent piece.
Interesting to see the BBM connection.
Interesting Article on Delaney on 08:14 - May 24 with 2908 viewsisitme

Interesting Article on Delaney on 23:31 - May 23 by AtThePeake

Good article.

I really like this kid and think he will be vital to us next season.

I think defensively he did pretty well and he got better as he played more games. His distribution and decision making on the ball was a bit hit and miss, but he is young and appears to have the right attitude to keep progressing. I will take a defender who can defend over an overplaying liability any day of the week.

It was telling that when Hill went with two centre backs it was McNulty to was left out/taken off rather than Delaney so he obviously rates him. I actually thought Jim had a decent season as well.
Interesting Article on Delaney on 08:25 - May 24 with 2876 viewsSaxonDale

Interesting Article on Delaney on 07:54 - May 24 by EllDale

Excellent piece.
Interesting to see the BBM connection.

Think BBM has a connection with pretty much every player of Irish heritage. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the driving factor behind Finnerty.
Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:12 - May 24 with 2698 viewsR17ALE

Interesting Article on Delaney on 08:25 - May 24 by SaxonDale

Think BBM has a connection with pretty much every player of Irish heritage. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the driving factor behind Finnerty.

I think the BBM family is very well known in sport in Ireland. I've never known us have so many Irish players. Plus Lund and Camps have been capped by Ireland when they're probably not Irish.

I have it in my head that a member of the BBM family is as big a name as Alan Shearer in Irish football, whatever that is...might be called Gaelic football. Worryingly, they might play it with an egg shaped ball.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:15 - May 24 with 2689 viewsScunnydale

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:12 - May 24 by R17ALE

I think the BBM family is very well known in sport in Ireland. I've never known us have so many Irish players. Plus Lund and Camps have been capped by Ireland when they're probably not Irish.

I have it in my head that a member of the BBM family is as big a name as Alan Shearer in Irish football, whatever that is...might be called Gaelic football. Worryingly, they might play it with an egg shaped ball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Barry-Murphy

"Barry-Murphy is regarded as one of the most iconic players in the history of Gaelic games"
Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:19 - May 24 with 2663 viewsR17ALE

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:15 - May 24 by Scunnydale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Barry-Murphy

"Barry-Murphy is regarded as one of the most iconic players in the history of Gaelic games"

Thankyou. I really wasn't 100% on this and I'm not one for searching the web.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:23 - May 24 with 2645 viewspioneer

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:12 - May 24 by R17ALE

no they use a round ball. it’s the aussies who play with an oval ball, or a sherrin as it is known locally.
Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:35 - May 24 with 2604 views100notout

A great read and shows what a valuable contribution BBM makes.

As an aside looking at BBMs wikipedia page it says that we gave him a 4 year contract when we signed him at the age of 31. If thats true its very unusual - not just the length of the contract but also to a player of his age.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:38 - May 24 with 2601 viewsScunnydale

Interesting Article on Delaney on 10:19 - May 24 by R17ALE

Thankyou. I really wasn't 100% on this and I'm not one for searching the web.

No worries, I had a similar feeling to you. The personal life section of JBM's wiki hints at something of a sporting dynasty with his granduncle and father doing rather well in the GAA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024