Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Perkins Returns 13:42 - May 24 with 17606 viewsChaffRAFC

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Incoming.... on 13:43 - May 24 with 9757 viewsDickster

Is he blonde?
Incoming.... on 13:46 - May 24 with 9728 viewsChaffRAFC

David Perkins returns!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Incoming.... on 13:46 - May 24 with 9723 viewsmeeee

Perkins is back!!!!!!
Incoming.... on 13:47 - May 24 with 9716 viewsEllDale

Fookin' awesome news!!!!!!!
Incoming.... on 13:47 - May 24 with 9698 viewsScunnydale

Incoming.... on 13:43 - May 24 by Dickster

Is he blonde?

Yes!
Incoming.... on 13:48 - May 24 with 9686 viewsfitzochris

Tremendous signing. Delighted with that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Incoming.... on 13:49 - May 24 with 9661 views442Dale

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/may/david-perkins-to-leave-wigan-athleti

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/may/a-tribute-to-perks-from-his-best-mat
[Post edited 24 May 2018 13:50]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Incoming.... on 13:52 - May 24 with 9604 viewsisitme

Excellent news. The experienced holding midfielder we need.
Login to get fewer ads

Incoming.... on 13:54 - May 24 with 9557 viewsTVOS1907

I do hope we get a new poster called PerkinsGimp....

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

David Perkins Returns on 14:08 - May 24 with 9403 viewsdingdangblue

'That goal'!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

David Perkins Returns on 14:16 - May 24 with 9345 viewsDanny1907

Fair play to Hill, I think he's learnt from last season and he's improving where we need to most. Fantastic signing because he'll free up the more attack minded midfielders who had to do a job they're not particularly comfortable in doing and the experience he's going to pass onto Morley, Adshead, Camps (assuming he stays) etc.

Left back and a genuine pace demon up front and we have a good team, I said a couple of weeks ago that I expected some exciting signings and it certainly looks that way!
David Perkins Returns on 14:22 - May 24 with 9296 viewsDaleFan7

He's 36 next month so wouldn't have thought he'd be able to play every week. Is he really the physical holding midfielder we need? Always though of him more as a flair player.

Probably in the minority but not massively excited by the signing. Still not sure of the obsession we have with signing ex-players either. Is Griffiths still knocking about in case McGahey leaves?
David Perkins Returns on 14:22 - May 24 with 9290 viewsDale92

Was offered a new deal with Wigan as well. Be interesting to know if he took a pay cut or pay rise to join us. Great signing, if we came keep him fit at 35 i dont expect him to ve playing every week. But like hes says in his interview, the young midfielders in the squad esp Rathbone have the potential to learn a lot from Perks. I just really hope his legs havent gone. Maybe Mj Williams back as his back up, wouldnt be a bad shout.

This is the One, I've waited for

David Perkins Returns on 14:26 - May 24 with 9262 viewsandyk

Was he out of contract or have we paid?
David Perkins Returns on 14:26 - May 24 with 9257 viewsTVOS1907

David Perkins Returns on 14:22 - May 24 by DaleFan7

He's 36 next month so wouldn't have thought he'd be able to play every week. Is he really the physical holding midfielder we need? Always though of him more as a flair player.

Probably in the minority but not massively excited by the signing. Still not sure of the obsession we have with signing ex-players either. Is Griffiths still knocking about in case McGahey leaves?

Ian or Gareth?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

David Perkins Returns on 14:31 - May 24 with 9220 viewsfitzochris

Fair play for offering an honest opinion, but I think back to the Wigan game against us in 2015, where Perkins showed exactly what he can offer a midfield, even at an advanced age.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Perkins Returns on 14:40 - May 24 with 9134 viewsdingdangblue

David Perkins Returns on 14:31 - May 24 by fitzochris

Fair play for offering an honest opinion, but I think back to the Wigan game against us in 2015, where Perkins showed exactly what he can offer a midfield, even at an advanced age.

Like you - I can't see age being an issue to be honest. He came very late into professional football (age 24-25) with his first pro contract at Dale back in 07/08 - there is a very good chance he will carry on playing longer than the average player because of this. Certainly Wigan didn't see it as a problem and he's won 2 promotion's from league 1 as part of their squad.

Plus if he has a shave he still looks about 15!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

David Perkins Returns on 14:57 - May 24 with 9024 viewsrochdale_ranger

Der der der der Davy Perkins.
David Perkins Returns on 14:57 - May 24 with 9025 viewsJames1980

Does he have the personality to perhaps be part of the coaching team in the latter part of the 2 year contract? Perhaps that is another reason for the length of contract he has been given. Good signing in my opinion.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

David Perkins Returns on 14:57 - May 24 with 9022 viewsDaleFan7

Not saying it's a bad signing. Just don't think it's one to get overly excited about.
David Perkins Returns on 14:59 - May 24 with 9008 viewskirbys

Top man and a top signing. can't add to that!
David Perkins Returns on 15:07 - May 24 with 8959 viewsDale92

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/may/a-tribute-to-perks-from-his-best-mat

Good piece by Max Power and Wigan

This is the One, I've waited for

David Perkins Returns on 15:12 - May 24 with 8916 viewsShun

Great signing! He’ll add some bite to a midfield that, while talented, has been walked over too many times this past season. Hopefully he’ll be a great mentor to Morley and Adshead too.
David Perkins Returns on 15:13 - May 24 with 8907 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Oh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

David Perkins Returns on 15:30 - May 24 with 8769 viewsdeeplishblue

Sort of agree with you. Wouldn't it be better to try and find someone who might last 5 or 6 seasons or someone who could be sold on in a couple of years?

There was a lot of excitement last year when we re-signed Matty Done - and that hasn't really worked out either in my opinion.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024