Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Nigeria 17:20 - Jun 2 with 2652 views442Dale

Kit clash. I get that they had to wear their top-seller shirt, so why didn’t England make the most of the chance to wear the red away kit that hasn’t been worn before? We can’t even get the marketing right so how are we going to win a World Cup?

Eyes hurting already.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England v Nigeria on 17:34 - Jun 2 with 2628 viewsmingthemerciless

Are England playing ?
England v Nigeria on 17:43 - Jun 2 with 2609 viewsfunkkk

But...it doesn't clash.
England v Nigeria on 17:56 - Jun 2 with 2588 viewsmeeee

We appear to be playing quite well, some nice ideas but the end product just needs to be improved. We look so much more fluid with just one of Henderson or dier then all the attacking kids. Nigeria look awful though so I’m not getting to carried away yet
England v Nigeria on 18:07 - Jun 2 with 2561 views442Dale

England v Nigeria on 17:43 - Jun 2 by funkkk

But...it doesn't clash.

It does when viewed from a distance. Close up for the players and the ref there are less issues but those in the stands and watching on tv have a bigger problem, as seen by the reaction on twitter. All elements, especially those watching the game, should be considered. See Bury v Dale on Sky 2010.

It appears ITV were expecting England to be in red too as they had a red bar on the scoreline bar initially.

England v Nigeria on 18:15 - Jun 2 with 2534 viewsD_Alien

A kit clash can be the only explanation for Stones playing a simple five yard pass direct to the opposition in midfield

Can't it?

Not a bad watch overall

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

England v Nigeria on 18:27 - Jun 2 with 2504 views442Dale

England v Nigeria on 18:15 - Jun 2 by D_Alien

A kit clash can be the only explanation for Stones playing a simple five yard pass direct to the opposition in midfield

Can't it?

Not a bad watch overall

His lack of awareness throughout contributed a lot to that goal. His thought process just isn’t improving.

England v Nigeria on 00:59 - Jun 3 with 2193 viewsDiddyDave

Didn`t see the game,didn`t even know it was on,but from memory,I thought England play in white and Nigeria in green?
England v Nigeria on 09:35 - Jun 3 with 2017 viewsmingthemerciless

I watched most of the second half. Plenty of passes made for the sake of passing. Meaningful passes that lead to shooting chances - only a handful. I don't think their goalkeeper had a save to make from what I saw. To get to a final you need three players that could get into a World 11, at the moment we haven't got one.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Nigeria on 10:00 - Jun 3 with 1993 viewsYorkshire_Dale

England v Nigeria on 09:35 - Jun 3 by mingthemerciless

I watched most of the second half. Plenty of passes made for the sake of passing. Meaningful passes that lead to shooting chances - only a handful. I don't think their goalkeeper had a save to make from what I saw. To get to a final you need three players that could get into a World 11, at the moment we haven't got one.

Kane9.......the Dog?
England v Nigeria on 10:38 - Jun 3 with 1951 viewsfunkkk

And so it begins.
England v Nigeria on 10:53 - Jun 3 with 1929 viewsD_Alien

tbf, once Nigeria had changed their formation and scored early in the second half, it became an exercise in taking care not to concede the lead, which is a skill in itself (if only Dale had that last season) and retaining possession ("passing for the sake of passing") is what teams have to be able to do at international level to achieve that - which we did. If you'd watched the first half, you'd have seen some pretty incisive passing and promising moves

We were clearly lacking in the ability to change our formation to counter the Nigeria change, but that's a different matter

We all know that you've lost your patience with the modern game, so view your comments accordingly
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 10:58]

England v Nigeria (n/t) on 10:59 - Jun 3 with 1904 viewsAtThePeake

[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 11:00]

Tangled up in blue.

England v Nigeria on 14:03 - Jun 3 with 1769 viewsboromat

After that game the main worry is when we come up against someone that matches up formation wise. We couldn't create second half. If anything Nigeria were the team more likely to get any more goals. Obviously the subs skew it a bit.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

England v Nigeria on 14:36 - Jun 3 with 1746 viewsmingthemerciless

England v Nigeria on 10:53 - Jun 3 by D_Alien

tbf, once Nigeria had changed their formation and scored early in the second half, it became an exercise in taking care not to concede the lead, which is a skill in itself (if only Dale had that last season) and retaining possession ("passing for the sake of passing") is what teams have to be able to do at international level to achieve that - which we did. If you'd watched the first half, you'd have seen some pretty incisive passing and promising moves

We were clearly lacking in the ability to change our formation to counter the Nigeria change, but that's a different matter

We all know that you've lost your patience with the modern game, so view your comments accordingly
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 10:58]

The thing is halves like that are one the of the reasons I lost patience with the modern game. I'll be watching most of the World Cup though. It throws up a few brilliant games every time.
England v Nigeria on 15:31 - Jun 3 with 1700 viewsD_Alien

England v Nigeria on 14:36 - Jun 3 by mingthemerciless

The thing is halves like that are one the of the reasons I lost patience with the modern game. I'll be watching most of the World Cup though. It throws up a few brilliant games every time.

Fair point, and I can't deny it was frustrating to watch while we conceded the initiative, but that's sport, and i doubt it's something peculiar to recent times

I'll be watching too, and as you say, there'll be games that'll grab our attention and not always the ones we might think. To turn the situation from yesterday's (friendly) game around, a game can be a real bore-fest until the 85th minute when it can suddenly burst into era-defining life - if people are still watching

I recall the story of George Best leaving Camp Nou in search of a Barcelona bar with Utd 0-1 down going into added time and the UEFA president tying Bayern's colours to the European Cup. He'd just left the exit gate when the roar went up for Utd's equaliser and tried to get back in. With re-entry not allowed, he apparently just made it to the nearest sports bar to watch extra time when the final whistle went on Utd's victory...

England v Nigeria on 18:08 - Jun 3 with 1604 viewsmingthemerciless

Yeah there's always some results you wouldn't have seen coming - Argentina v Cameroons, France v Senegal. A work mate of mine was a big gambler on short odds and odds on bets.
He had £650 on France to beat Senegal at about 6-1 on. He wasn't too happy after that game.
England v Nigeria on 20:28 - Jun 3 with 1534 viewsDaley_Lama

Good game on Thu in the final warm up v Costa Rica

They're a damn fine team and thrashed Northern Ireland 3-0 today.

Poll: DF in or out

England v Nigeria on 21:52 - Jun 3 with 1457 viewsJimmyRustler

Kane is unfortunately the only "world class" player we have but even he still needs to prove himself at international level on the big stage. Mind you, world class players don't always make a good team (see Portugal in the Euros) but you still need to have something about you and unfortunately, I don't see that with England. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024