Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible Attack 22:02 - Jun 3 with 20635 viewsnordenblue

Just been sent this link from a friend,yet it seems it's nowhere near the news,strangely enough!!

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littleborough/news/two-colts-hospitalised-in-unpro
Terrible Attack on 22:27 - Jun 6 with 2596 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 22:13 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

The trenches reference is an analogy, a reference to the lack of leadership that currently exists in Government, in my view, as opposed to the conspicuous leadership skills of those who were prepared to lead others into battle.
If politicians refuse to share their vision (perhaps because they do not have one) and give vacuous responses to TV presenters and journalists, the vacuum they create is soon filled by those who shriek loudest. We have arrived at a point where the political agenda is being driven by Sky, The Grauniad the BBC and various other malcontents, the result is a Government that responds and apologises rather than leads and the outcomes will inevitably be detrimental to democracy and our national wellbeing. I should also point out that the Labour party has the same problems but being in opposition means they are less damaging to the country.

As Montgomery pointed out, if you push a length of string it never goes where you want it to, however, if you pull it, it goes exactly where you want .

But again, the leadership skills of those in armed conflict is a very different animal to trying to thread a piece of string through the eye of needle, to absolutely murder a metaphor!

Just one example. Churchill is quite rightly on a pedestal as a consummate leader of the nation at war, but i watched a programme about the suffragettes the other night when he, as Home Secretary, was in absolute denial of the reality of their struggle and fed outright lies to his crony Lord Northcliffe to ensure the truth was obscured by the press

Quite frankly, i've had enough of the "visions" of politicians. Simple competence will do, and i can agree at least that all our politicians have something of a deficit on that score

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Terrible Attack on 22:35 - Jun 6 with 2584 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 21:54 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

Here's another joke!

It's true. We have nowhere to go out to for a drink or decent food nowadays, and those places that are left only open between 9-11pm on a Saturday night

That's because every decent citizen has left, and those who remained aren't worth opening new premises for, since we've haven't a brass farthing between us

We await your return, to help us out of this morass, bringing with you the wisdom and humility accumulated from your foray into the world, to enlighten us and unburden us from our misery

Did I not say slowly enough for you? What is wrong with you? Change...brings...change.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 22:42 - Jun 6 with 2571 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 22:13 - Jun 6 by 49thseason

The trenches reference is an analogy, a reference to the lack of leadership that currently exists in Government, in my view, as opposed to the conspicuous leadership skills of those who were prepared to lead others into battle.
If politicians refuse to share their vision (perhaps because they do not have one) and give vacuous responses to TV presenters and journalists, the vacuum they create is soon filled by those who shriek loudest. We have arrived at a point where the political agenda is being driven by Sky, The Grauniad the BBC and various other malcontents, the result is a Government that responds and apologises rather than leads and the outcomes will inevitably be detrimental to democracy and our national wellbeing. I should also point out that the Labour party has the same problems but being in opposition means they are less damaging to the country.

As Montgomery pointed out, if you push a length of string it never goes where you want it to, however, if you pull it, it goes exactly where you want .

Well yes 49th. Politicians are just berks like you and me. Why on earth do you think they should have, or could have, 'vision'? What would you do about the 'threats' to your way of life? Why do you think it was a big deal deal between Chamberlain, Halifax and Churhill then? No-one knows anything.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 22:46 - Jun 6 with 2565 viewsFalingeParka

It frightens me that 'politicians' are anyone's candleholders. Hitler was Weimar's when the crash happened. You, you are the candelholders.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 22:53 - Jun 6 with 2554 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 21:54 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

Here's another joke!

It's true. We have nowhere to go out to for a drink or decent food nowadays, and those places that are left only open between 9-11pm on a Saturday night

That's because every decent citizen has left, and those who remained aren't worth opening new premises for, since we've haven't a brass farthing between us

We await your return, to help us out of this morass, bringing with you the wisdom and humility accumulated from your foray into the world, to enlighten us and unburden us from our misery

You know that's not what I meant. Must we have to climb the wall again. So mendacious. So wilful in 'misunderstanding'. FFS!

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 22:59 - Jun 6 with 2543 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Do you reckon Jeremy Thorpe shagged him out of the Sparks or what? Not the one who looked like Hitler the one that looked like a shit Jim Morrison.

Peter Cook reckoned he did.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 23:07]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Terrible Attack on 23:03 - Jun 6 with 2536 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 22:27 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

But again, the leadership skills of those in armed conflict is a very different animal to trying to thread a piece of string through the eye of needle, to absolutely murder a metaphor!

Just one example. Churchill is quite rightly on a pedestal as a consummate leader of the nation at war, but i watched a programme about the suffragettes the other night when he, as Home Secretary, was in absolute denial of the reality of their struggle and fed outright lies to his crony Lord Northcliffe to ensure the truth was obscured by the press

Quite frankly, i've had enough of the "visions" of politicians. Simple competence will do, and i can agree at least that all our politicians have something of a deficit on that score

You're just the kind of tit found anywhere D'Alien. Why must we have you?

I try to find a genuine rise about the old town, and why not, and you, well...

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 23:10 - Jun 6 with 2517 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terrible Attack on 21:26 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

The following a joke.

I leave you for a mere 25 years and you properly fcuk everything up:

Every single pub from the Highland Laddie all the way down Spotland Road to the Golden Ball gone. The beaut by the actual ground gone. Don't get me started on Whitworth Road's amazing places to go out any day of the week go.

You let the town lose all all important NHS services to other towns.

You let drug users intimidate you.

You naysay any fightback.

You blame the council for everything.

You blame everything on 'foreigners'.

You hate anything new.

IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT.

;)

Alpine Gastof managed to outlive them all. Just saying.

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible Attack on 23:16 - Jun 6 with 2508 viewsFalingeParka

Terrible Attack on 22:59 - Jun 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Do you reckon Jeremy Thorpe shagged him out of the Sparks or what? Not the one who looked like Hitler the one that looked like a shit Jim Morrison.

Peter Cook reckoned he did.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 23:07]

If Peter said so, you might count on it.

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 23:23 - Jun 6 with 2503 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terrible Attack on 23:16 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

I’d get into a trench with Harold Wilson and Colin Moynihan. The rest can fook off.

Terrible Attack on 23:27 - Jun 6 with 2496 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terrible Attack on 23:23 - Jun 6 by BigDaveMyCock

I’d get into a trench with Harold Wilson and Colin Moynihan. The rest can fook off.

Oh yeah and Frederick Engels.

Terrible Attack on 23:32 - Jun 6 with 2484 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Terrible Attack on 22:23 - Jun 6 by R17ALE

I've read this thread with interest but have no desire to get into the politics of it.

But, to go back to the beginning of it, I do have question. How the hell did the reporter know that it was a 9 iron used in the assault? Was Peter Alliss on hand soothingly saying, "he looks like he's going to go for it with a 9-iron"?

And I'm not dis-respecting the victims, I just want to know.

In fairness R17 and again no disrespect to the victims. But in a lightning storm hold a 1 iron above your head. Even god can’t hit a 1 iron!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Terrible Attack on 00:01 - Jun 7 with 2448 viewsD_Alien

Terrible Attack on 23:03 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

You're just the kind of tit found anywhere D'Alien. Why must we have you?

I try to find a genuine rise about the old town, and why not, and you, well...

Such a sense of humour FailureParka!

You just wouldn't cut it here anymore

Terrible Attack on 00:19 - Jun 7 with 2441 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terrible Attack on 09:32 - Jun 4 by nordenblue

Yet others have done exactly the same just this week yet not even been given a warning nevermind a spell inside,how's that work?

If people actually do some proper research on him and not just the usual bollox the media like you to believe most if not all of what he reports is frighteningly accurate,keep brushing these things under the carpet but the country has an enormous elephant in the room that the majority are scared stiff to even talk about let alone tackle.

Right, done my research and found a song about even numbers on a motorway, which was sh1t.

Terrible Attack on 06:51 - Jun 7 with 2363 viewsFalingeParka

Please ignore most of the content of my last posts. You're all marv and up the Dale!!

ColonelHall

Terrible Attack on 08:58 - Jun 7 with 2295 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible Attack on 23:16 - Jun 6 by FalingeParka

In the old days when Hornets played at The Athletic Grounds the guy who ran the half time draw had a fearsome reputation among us young lads. You wouldn't want to be caught out on your own with him about.

He had several funny sayings when he walked around the ground with the winning number. He'd shout out " First prize, a round the world cruise on The Pennine Queen " , which was a motor boat on Hollingworth Lake I believe.

I remember him shouting out one week " First prize, a game of snooker with Jeremy Thorpe ".

This was well before the Thorpe affair became public. As a young lad I remember thinking " Why would anyone want a game of snooker with Jeremy Thorpe ? "
Terrible Attack on 12:20 - Jun 7 with 2187 viewsEllDale

I remember him. Think he was called Walker and had been an ex-professional wrestler.
Terrible Attack on 12:32 - Jun 7 with 2174 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible Attack on 12:20 - Jun 7 by EllDale

I remember him. Think he was called Walker and had been an ex-professional wrestler.

That's the guy. Not a bloke to get on the wrong side of.
Terrible Attack on 12:36 - Jun 7 with 2164 viewsEllDale

Was his brother Arthur Walker who was Hornets chairman at one stage?
Terrible Attack on 13:18 - Jun 7 with 2113 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Terrible Attack on 12:32 - Jun 7 by mingthemerciless

That's the guy. Not a bloke to get on the wrong side of.

Nor was Jeremy Thorpe if British justice is not to be believed.

Terrible Attack on 13:21 - Jun 7 with 2109 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible Attack on 12:36 - Jun 7 by EllDale

Was his brother Arthur Walker who was Hornets chairman at one stage?

I think so.
Terrible Attack on 14:00 - Jun 7 with 2061 viewsrochdaleriddler

Terrible Attack on 00:19 - Jun 7 by BigDaveMyCock

Right, done my research and found a song about even numbers on a motorway, which was sh1t.

And he was glad to be gay

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Terrible Attack on 17:21 - Jun 8 with 1867 viewsD_Alien

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/119472/hate-crime

Two arrests made, under section 18 (GBH with specific intent)

Terrible Attack on 19:47 - Jun 8 with 1796 viewsmingthemerciless

Terrible Attack on 17:21 - Jun 8 by D_Alien

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/119472/hate-crime

Two arrests made, under section 18 (GBH with specific intent)

I can't see how that's not a case of attempted murder.
Terrible Attack on 20:01 - Jun 8 with 1773 viewssince58

Terrible Attack on 19:47 - Jun 8 by mingthemerciless

I can't see how that's not a case of attempted murder.

there good boys they didn't really mean it did they.???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024