Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrambled egg (not) on toast 14:01 - Jun 7 with 10087 viewsD_Alien

I decided to have scrambled egg on toast for lunch. Got the bread out, started the scrambled egg, buttered the bread, put the egg on it - then realised i'd forgotten to toast it

Anyone else do really daft things like that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 18:43 - Feb 13 with 1106 viewsD_Alien

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 18:01 - Feb 13 by DaleiLama

Wonderful invention - spring-loaded gadget which is the equivalent of two small tea-strainers which seal together. Allows you to use loose leaf tea to make a brew in a mug with no mess!

Edit: Since a picture is a thousand words, there are two types - the second can also be used to put herbs/spices in to a stew etc if you want to fish them out at the end and not eat them.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:10]

Cheers, it's something that's completely passed me by, probably applies to a lot of things!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:08 - Feb 13 with 1062 viewsroccydaleian

Once got in from a night out, feeling a bit peckish, looked in the fridge to see if there was owt I fancied and saw some raw eggs in a bowl. Put the frying pan on and let it heat up, then chucked the contents of the bowl in said pan, and got an almighty shock and horrible smell of burning fruit. They were left over peach halves ffs.
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:22 - Feb 13 with 1047 viewsTVOS1907

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:08 - Feb 13 by roccydaleian

Once got in from a night out, feeling a bit peckish, looked in the fridge to see if there was owt I fancied and saw some raw eggs in a bowl. Put the frying pan on and let it heat up, then chucked the contents of the bowl in said pan, and got an almighty shock and horrible smell of burning fruit. They were left over peach halves ffs.

That must be a while ago.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:41 - Feb 13 with 1025 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 18:43 - Feb 13 by D_Alien

Cheers, it's something that's completely passed me by, probably applies to a lot of things!

Nay bother. Mate of mine went round a tea plantation and saw some of the stuff that went into the tea bags ……. basically the stuff (dust) from the floor swept up …….. think the equivalent of mechanically recovered meat, i.e. dross fit for nowt else. Switched to loose leaf whenever I make my own.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:42 - Feb 13 with 1025 viewsroccydaleian

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:22 - Feb 13 by TVOS1907

That must be a while ago.

Late eighties I think, deffo before I met Mrs roccy.
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:58 - Feb 13 with 1002 viewsTVOS1907

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:42 - Feb 13 by roccydaleian

Late eighties I think, deffo before I met Mrs roccy.

Oh.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 01:33 - Feb 14 with 864 viewspioneer

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:41 - Feb 13 by DaleiLama

Nay bother. Mate of mine went round a tea plantation and saw some of the stuff that went into the tea bags ……. basically the stuff (dust) from the floor swept up …….. think the equivalent of mechanically recovered meat, i.e. dross fit for nowt else. Switched to loose leaf whenever I make my own.

Same here - never touch a t bag. Thing I always pack on my frequent trips abroad is a packet of PG Tips loose leaf - and it is like nirvana drinking that compared to the crap tea you get in many places overseas, whether in bags or not. Dont understand why they stopped the tea cards though.
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:56 - Feb 14 with 733 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 01:33 - Feb 14 by pioneer

Same here - never touch a t bag. Thing I always pack on my frequent trips abroad is a packet of PG Tips loose leaf - and it is like nirvana drinking that compared to the crap tea you get in many places overseas, whether in bags or not. Dont understand why they stopped the tea cards though.

My brew of choice is Morrisons The Best Loose English Breakfast. Used to drink the bog standard red label, but this is an upgrade worth making. Recommend you try it.

Must admit that if I'm away for anything up to a week I go without tea - the water and milk just aren't the same so I go for the coffee (when in Rome). Can't manage 7 days+ without tea though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 720 viewspioneer

never put milk in my tea...probably started that years ago when I was working in India and every 15 mins they brought me tea with condensed milk in it on a silver tray. Ran out of aspidisras to pour it on and there started my years of black tea. Only place I ever had trouble was at Headingly cricket ground at an ashes test where the woman serving said “yer in yorksher now, and in yorksher everybody has milk in their tea” What lovely people!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024