Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrambled egg (not) on toast 14:01 - Jun 7 with 10088 viewsD_Alien

I decided to have scrambled egg on toast for lunch. Got the bread out, started the scrambled egg, buttered the bread, put the egg on it - then realised i'd forgotten to toast it

Anyone else do really daft things like that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 07:52 - Jun 10 with 2845 viewsrochedale

I live quite near the co op int boro, and I would say probably nip in, by foot, more or less every day for the odd essential. The amount of times I’ve driven there after work, then walked home only to notice that my car isn’t on the drive when I get home. Classic head in the clouds autopilot!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 08:38 - Jun 10 with 2819 viewsmingthemerciless

One guy I worked with had taken one of the works vans home at night. It was parked outside his house. We were waiting for him outside the workshop ready to set off on the job when he arrived on his bike. One of us said " Where's the van Fred ? "

He said " Bloody Hell, I've left it at home ! "

He'd walked right past it and set off on his bike.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2018 8:38]
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 11:53 - Jun 10 with 2766 viewsTVOS1907

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 07:52 - Jun 10 by rochedale

I live quite near the co op int boro, and I would say probably nip in, by foot, more or less every day for the odd essential. The amount of times I’ve driven there after work, then walked home only to notice that my car isn’t on the drive when I get home. Classic head in the clouds autopilot!

You had probably been queuing up for so long that you'd forgotten what day it was, never mind how you'd got there...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 19:45 - Jun 10 with 2691 viewsScunnydale

Love this thread.

When I was a kid, I'd just eaten my tea but had left some, and my mum told me to take the pots back to the kitchen. Next thing, I find myself upstairs and in my bedroom. In the shock, I drop the dishes and rice goes everywhere.

Explaining to my mum why I'd done that was a tricky one...
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 20:30 - Jun 10 with 2667 viewsJames1980

Does getting to the driver's cab of a train I am despatching and realising I have forgotten my despatch bat count?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 22:50 - Jun 10 with 2607 viewsD_Alien

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 20:30 - Jun 10 by James1980

Does getting to the driver's cab of a train I am despatching and realising I have forgotten my despatch bat count?

Yes, it's something we've all done at one time or another

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 09:43 - Jun 11 with 2517 viewscumbria_dale

Lost my wallet even though I knew it was somewhere in the house, but after searching high and low for hours, I admitted defeat and rang to cancel all my cards and write-off the £30 that was in there in cash. Later that night I fancied some ice cream and low and behold - wallet tucked in next to the waffles and peas in the freezer.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 9:43]
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 11:15 - Jun 11 with 2465 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 09:43 - Jun 11 by cumbria_dale

Lost my wallet even though I knew it was somewhere in the house, but after searching high and low for hours, I admitted defeat and rang to cancel all my cards and write-off the £30 that was in there in cash. Later that night I fancied some ice cream and low and behold - wallet tucked in next to the waffles and peas in the freezer.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 9:43]

Also enjoying this thread and your post in particular. Often wondered what they meant on the news when they talked about a credit freeze. Voila.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 10:47 - Sep 18 with 2177 viewsDaleiLama

Quick update on my latest autopilot moment. Toasted 2 slices of bread (are you taking notes DA ). Peanut butter on first slice. Don't use butter with peanut butter as there's enough fat there already. Strawberry jam on the second. Oh - look - there's no butter on it. Ever tried putting the butter on after the jam? Car crash breakfast

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 12:32 - Sep 18 with 2112 viewsD_Alien

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 10:47 - Sep 18 by DaleiLama

Quick update on my latest autopilot moment. Toasted 2 slices of bread (are you taking notes DA ). Peanut butter on first slice. Don't use butter with peanut butter as there's enough fat there already. Strawberry jam on the second. Oh - look - there's no butter on it. Ever tried putting the butter on after the jam? Car crash breakfast

Have to admit, as soon as i read the words "peanut butter" i had to dash to the bathroom due to uncontrollable retching. But for an advanced traffic-light system at a critical junction in my home there might've been casualties

But seriously, the thing to do would be to scrape the jam back off and re-apply in the correct order. Anything else would be a contravention of the natural system of breakfast justice

[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 12:35]

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 15:21 - Sep 18 with 2045 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 12:32 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Have to admit, as soon as i read the words "peanut butter" i had to dash to the bathroom due to uncontrollable retching. But for an advanced traffic-light system at a critical junction in my home there might've been casualties

But seriously, the thing to do would be to scrape the jam back off and re-apply in the correct order. Anything else would be a contravention of the natural system of breakfast justice

I'm in (anaphylactic) shock you don't like PB. Go easy taking those corners on the landing at speed too.

I hope word of my brekker misdemeanours don't spread. I would like to preserve my dignity. The thought sends Chivers down my spine.

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 15:30 - Sep 18 with 2036 viewsD_Alien

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 15:21 - Sep 18 by DaleiLama

I'm in (anaphylactic) shock you don't like PB. Go easy taking those corners on the landing at speed too.

I hope word of my brekker misdemeanours don't spread. I would like to preserve my dignity. The thought sends Chivers down my spine.

It's not that i don't like PB, i've just got an aversion to it since trying to achieve my PB on the landing ended badly

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 16:01 - Sep 18 with 2011 viewsCleedale

Dale related this one!

In the early 1990s, completed 3 full journeys to Spotland and back to see one match against Burnley. 3 X 226 miles = 678.

The first 2 had been postponed (rightly so) from waterlogged pitches but at least got to see the moonlight (floodlights) reflecting on the pitch as proof!

Obv., pre-internet and iPhone days so info was very hard to come by. Think there was this extortionate Dale phone line which seldom was updated - how times have changed.

3rd match was played - seem to remember a biggish crowd - and we needed to win (I think) to get a Play-Off spot. Did we take the lead but ended losing 3-1 to Burnley who won the league.

Don't do mad things like that anymore but do do the sugar in fridge and milk in the cupboard job!
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 22:13 - Sep 18 with 1914 viewskiwidale

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 12:32 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

Unbelievable Jeff there are two side's to toast fer fckssake turn the fcker over and jobs a good'en.

This is not the time for bickering.

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 02:04 - Sep 19 with 1861 viewssoulboy

In my late teens and after a particularly heavy night out at either Tiffanys or Baileys i woke up about 5 am with an urgent need to inspect the plumbing. Half way through i realised i wasnt in the bathroom but had opened the wardrobe door and was using it as the loo!
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 11:18 - Sep 19 with 1808 viewsdownunder

Does travelling round the world to watch a decent football match count? In January. When the pitch was bad, and the weather worse?
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 23:56 - Sep 19 with 1719 viewsMeanwood

Put leg of lamb in oven to roast, go out for walk with dog, come home to no smell of cooking lamb, forgot to turn oven on, went to Toby for tea!
Drive to town, go shopping [few years ago now] and then walk home, only remembering car was parked up in town a few day later when i went to garage, took a while to remember what i had done after almost calling the law and reporting a breaking!
Put dog food in breakfast bowl, and cereals in dogs bowl!
Just as well my balls are in a bag!
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 00:01 - Sep 20 with 1718 viewsSuddenLad

Woke up a bit groggy, came downstairs, fed the cat from a tin, then licked the spoon.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 00:42 - Sep 20 with 1713 viewsrobtheb

Once when I was staying in a B & B I put orange juice on my cereal. As there were others sat around me and not wanting to appear to be an idiot I ate the lot...not very nice.

Also, I have an habit of pointing my car remote at the front door of the house in an attempt to open it.
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 08:23 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 00:01 - Sep 20 by SuddenLad

Woke up a bit groggy, came downstairs, fed the cat from a tin, then licked the spoon.

The thread that keeps on giving.

Funny slightly related tale - when I was a student, we went out for a curry with a medic who was wearing a tie. Got back to the house and the cat went to sit on the medic. It got up later and someone said "what's that on your tie?" The medic said "oh, it must be curry sauce." It was brown but it wasn't curry sauce

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 09:54 - Sep 20 with 1597 viewsScunnydale

As a school kid (about 8, I think), I heard the bell go so I started walking home. Got about halfway home (a mile from school) and realised it was a bit quiet.

Turns out it was just the bell for the afternoon break. Ran back to school, turning up late and sweaty for my next lesson.
Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 13:15 - Feb 13 with 1279 viewsDaleiLama

It's been a while, but a new memory-addled tale to add to this thread. Making cheese on toast for lunch. Put grill on. Put kettle on. Loaded tea ball. Cut bread. Got Worcester sauce and chilli sauce to put on cheese as it melts. Mashed tea. Sliced cheese. Looked everywhere for bread as cheese ready for loading. Could smell toast but nothing under grill. Found bread toasting in toaster! Auto-pilot strikes again!!!

Fortunately, my toaster (like a lot seem to) toasts more on one side than the other and it hadn't finished toasting when I spotted my error so was able to switch to the grill and salvage a pleasant lunch out of it.

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 14:58 - Feb 13 with 1200 viewsMoonyDale

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 11:08 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

As an alternative, there's always "buttering the egg" if the soldier won't go in, even when toasted

And the award for the best euphemism in one sentence goes to.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 17:18 - Feb 13 with 1123 viewsD_Alien

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 13:15 - Feb 13 by DaleiLama

It's been a while, but a new memory-addled tale to add to this thread. Making cheese on toast for lunch. Put grill on. Put kettle on. Loaded tea ball. Cut bread. Got Worcester sauce and chilli sauce to put on cheese as it melts. Mashed tea. Sliced cheese. Looked everywhere for bread as cheese ready for loading. Could smell toast but nothing under grill. Found bread toasting in toaster! Auto-pilot strikes again!!!

Fortunately, my toaster (like a lot seem to) toasts more on one side than the other and it hadn't finished toasting when I spotted my error so was able to switch to the grill and salvage a pleasant lunch out of it.

Autopilot has a lot to answer for!

But what's a tea ball?

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 1094 viewsDaleiLama

Scrambled egg (not) on toast on 17:18 - Feb 13 by D_Alien

Autopilot has a lot to answer for!

But what's a tea ball?

Wonderful invention - spring-loaded gadget which is the equivalent of two small tea-strainers which seal together. Allows you to use loose leaf tea to make a brew in a mug with no mess!

Edit: Since a picture is a thousand words, there are two types - the second can also be used to put herbs/spices in to a stew etc if you want to fish them out at the end and not eat them.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024