Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WC 16:52 - Jun 14 with 13613 viewsD_Alien

Decent opening first half

Saudis look wide open at the back and the hosts took full advantage. At least it's not a bore draw

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

WC on 21:07 - Jun 23 with 2467 viewsArthurDaley

A real game of two half's, all Sweden in the first. All Germany in the second. A real blitzkrieg in the second.

A large VAT Dave

WC on 10:46 - Jun 24 with 2337 viewsD_Alien

Expect the beer tents will be packed at Old Trafford today, between 1-3pm

Will be interesting to see if the crowd disappears on the highlights tonight

WC on 17:37 - Jun 24 with 2265 viewsD_Alien

WC on 10:46 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

Expect the beer tents will be packed at Old Trafford today, between 1-3pm

Will be interesting to see if the crowd disappears on the highlights tonight

As it turned out, sensational finish to the game, with Buttler's slowest ODI ton dragging us over the line when we looked gone

WC on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 2259 viewsNigeriamark

WC on 17:37 - Jun 24 by D_Alien

As it turned out, sensational finish to the game, with Buttler's slowest ODI ton dragging us over the line when we looked gone

Listened on TMS. The atmosphere and decibel level from that new stand sounded amazing

Senegal v Japan another cracking game going on too
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 17:40]
WC on 22:25 - Jun 27 with 2063 viewsDaleiLama

WC on 21:23 - Jun 17 by mingthemerciless

Mm, they'll be back. They're not done yet.

Some people think it's all over? It is now!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

WC on 10:44 - Jun 28 with 1953 viewsdingdangblue

Group G won't know it's last 16 opponents till later today - but we now know whoever finishes 2nd in our group will face a potential quarter final against Sweden or Switzerland. I think if anyone gave you that option you would take it. It would mean losing to Belgium today though and hindering the momentum we've built up in the 1st 2 games. The other option is drawing and picking up bookings which could potentially mean a suspension - I'm sure Phil Jones wouldn't mind taking one for the team though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

WC on 11:06 - Jun 28 with 1937 viewsD_Alien

WC on 10:44 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

Group G won't know it's last 16 opponents till later today - but we now know whoever finishes 2nd in our group will face a potential quarter final against Sweden or Switzerland. I think if anyone gave you that option you would take it. It would mean losing to Belgium today though and hindering the momentum we've built up in the 1st 2 games. The other option is drawing and picking up bookings which could potentially mean a suspension - I'm sure Phil Jones wouldn't mind taking one for the team though.

But as we've seen, those teams who reach the QFs will have emerged from groups where highly-rated teams have been knocked out and/or taken out decent opposition in R16

Far more important that we keep on the front foot, and avoid any cards if possible

WC on 11:30 - Jun 28 with 1908 viewsdingdangblue

WC on 11:06 - Jun 28 by D_Alien

But as we've seen, those teams who reach the QFs will have emerged from groups where highly-rated teams have been knocked out and/or taken out decent opposition in R16

Far more important that we keep on the front foot, and avoid any cards if possible

Yes I know it's not usual to plan your route through a tournament - in fact in recent years with England it's been impossible!
I'm just thinking back to 98 where we played Argentina in the 2nd round because we cocked up in the group v Romania. And last Euros because we failed to top the group we went out against Iceland and Wales progressed v N.Ire. This time it's really in our hands.
There is a chance Japan could top group H in the game before us and Senegal or Columbia finish 2nd.
That would mean whoever topped our group would play Senegal or Columbia then Mexico or Brazil.
2nd in our group would play Japan then Switzerland or Sweden for a place in the Semi's.
It's only natural to see this is a real chance to get far into the competition.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

WC on 11:39 - Jun 28 with 1900 viewsD_Alien

WC on 11:30 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

Yes I know it's not usual to plan your route through a tournament - in fact in recent years with England it's been impossible!
I'm just thinking back to 98 where we played Argentina in the 2nd round because we cocked up in the group v Romania. And last Euros because we failed to top the group we went out against Iceland and Wales progressed v N.Ire. This time it's really in our hands.
There is a chance Japan could top group H in the game before us and Senegal or Columbia finish 2nd.
That would mean whoever topped our group would play Senegal or Columbia then Mexico or Brazil.
2nd in our group would play Japan then Switzerland or Sweden for a place in the Semi's.
It's only natural to see this is a real chance to get far into the competition.

But these names of teams being bandied about - it actually means nothing. Nothing!

Past reputations are being shredded left, right & centre

I just hope we get our left, right & centre-backs defending and passing more cohesively, then we can take on any fooker

WC on 12:06 - Jun 28 with 1880 viewssweetcorn

WC on 10:44 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

If we're drawing in the 90th minute, I hope southgate does the right thing and sends welbeck on with the instructions to tw*t the first Belgium he see's in the nose and get a red card which see's us through in second.

Welbeck will be no loss and I really don't see a situation arising (barring 2 of our strikers getting serious injuries) where welbeck will get any minutes.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

WC on 12:23 - Jun 28 with 1866 viewsdingdangblue

All yellow cards are re set before the quarter finals. If this had happened in 90 then Gazza's booking against West Germany wouldn't have meant he missed the final - he would have also taken a penalty in the shootout. This makes sense - certainly in today's game where yellow cards are more frequent now. To go through a whole tournament without picking up 2 yellow cards is a tough ask. Especially for defenders.

WC on 12:27 - Jun 28 with 1860 viewsTVOS1907

WC on 11:06 - Jun 28 by D_Alien

Exactly.

I seem to remember us being pleased to avoid Portugal in Euro 2016 and matching-up with Iceland instead...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

WC on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 1819 viewsdingdangblue

Wise words from Gareth Southgate who is becoming a real leader and genuine class act...

"We have not won a knockout game at the World Cup since 2006, so why we would start plotting which would be a better venue for our semi-final would be beyond me," he said.

"We think that we need to keep winning football matches and we want to breed a mentality that everybody in our squad consistently wants to win."

WC on 15:19 - Jun 28 with 1774 viewsShun

0-0 in both games so far. Columbia survive a penalty scare after a VAR review.
WC on 16:40 - Jun 28 with 1722 viewsShun

WC on 15:19 - Jun 28 by Shun

0-0 in both games so far. Columbia survive a penalty scare after a VAR review.

As it stands Columbia top the group and Japan are 2nd. 10 minutes to go.
WC on 17:03 - Jun 28 with 1696 viewsaleanddale

win our group

Beat Japan ( They look very organised and a decent outfit so tough last 16 game )

Get into the last 8 and play whoever in the QF.

Momentum and confidence is the way forward from here.
WC on 17:04 - Jun 28 with 1694 viewsD_Alien

WC on 16:40 - Jun 28 by Shun

As it stands Columbia top the group and Japan are 2nd. 10 minutes to go.

Columbia/Japan it is

It's a fools game trying to make predictions about whether we'd be better off finishing top or second in our group - you just do the best you can and then face what's put in front of you

Also shows how Japan's disciplinary record helped them

WC on 17:10 - Jun 28 with 1680 viewsaleanddale

anybody else glad we are not playing Senegal in the last 16?.

We would need every ounce of fitness level against those boys. Athletes every one of them.
WC on 17:39 - Jun 28 with 1653 viewsShun

WC on 17:10 - Jun 28 by aleanddale

anybody else glad we are not playing Senegal in the last 16?.

We would need every ounce of fitness level against those boys. Athletes every one of them.

I think they were quite unlucky not only to lose today but to go out as well. Japan apparently play good football but are fairly toothless, and today’s the first time I’ve watched Columbia but they didn’t impress that much. I wouldn’t be afraid whoever we faced next round.
WC on 17:42 - Jun 28 with 1650 viewsdingdangblue

WC on 17:03 - Jun 28 by aleanddale

win our group

Beat Japan ( They look very organised and a decent outfit so tough last 16 game )

Get into the last 8 and play whoever in the QF.

Momentum and confidence is the way forward from here.

Brazil or Mexico QF.

WC on 17:53 - Jun 28 with 1640 views442Dale

WC on 17:42 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

Brazil or Mexico QF.

Finish second and play a Columbian side that look dangerous. And now he’s made EIGHT changes, the wisdom of doing so will become apparent.

You don’t plot routes through a tournament, you win football matches.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

WC on 18:25 - Jun 28 with 1605 views100notout

WC on 17:53 - Jun 28 by 442Dale

Finish second and play a Columbian side that look dangerous. And now he’s made EIGHT changes, the wisdom of doing so will become apparent.

You don’t plot routes through a tournament, you win football matches.

Don't you think he's trying to do that !!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

WC on 19:38 - Jun 28 with 1555 views442Dale

WC on 18:25 - Jun 28 by 100notout

Don't you think he's trying to do that !!!!!!!!!!!

Never said he wasn’t. It was a reiteration of not worrying about what half of the draw we are in.

The eight changes are too many, but merely an opinion. This match is starting to feel like a distraction and again time will tell on whether that has an effect.

WC on 20:55 - Jun 28 with 1503 viewsdingdangblue

WC on 19:38 - Jun 28 by 442Dale

Never said he wasn’t. It was a reiteration of not worrying about what half of the draw we are in.

The eight changes are too many, but merely an opinion. This match is starting to feel like a distraction and again time will tell on whether that has an effect.

Chance to give the reserves a game - done.
Onwards to the knockout stages - it's been a while.
Can't wait 👍🏻

WC on 21:57 - Jun 28 with 1461 views442Dale

WC on 20:55 - Jun 28 by dingdangblue

Chance to give the reserves a game - done.
Onwards to the knockout stages - it's been a while.
Can't wait 👍🏻

Indeed. Which is why we shouldn’t have gone down the route of “momentum” ahead of the game. Especially as some of those left out may have lost theirs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024