Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 18:13 - Jun 18 with 13612 viewsColDale

Match Thread on 21:54 - Jun 18 with 2157 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread on 21:41 - Jun 18 by D_Alien

Yes, i thought it was the other way round!

So, another reason to be positive

Don’t be so hasty. The Icelandic bog came after the Wales game. Which we won 2-1.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread on 22:04 - Jun 18 with 2132 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 21:54 - Jun 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Don’t be so hasty. The Icelandic bog came after the Wales game. Which we won 2-1.

I'm relying on it being the wc, not the bog

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 2056 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread on 21:45 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Glad to see the back of that cynical Tunisia lot........how come none of them got booked?

I thought a sin-binning more likely after some of the wrap-up tackles they were getting away with in the box.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread on 22:38 - Jun 18 with 2045 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread on 20:58 - Jun 18 by Shun

Really encouraging first half but that second half was insipid, just as boring as under Hodgson. Spot the Dale flag in the crowd at full time too.

Good spot!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread on 22:52 - Jun 18 with 2018 viewsdingdangblue

That was much more encouraging than anything under Hodgson. We had a shape, started off wonderfully well and really should have been out of sight before the ref intervened. Kane scoring 2 is a massive positive (not happened in a World Cup since Lineker) - with Kane on form we can beat anyone. It's the first game and there is so much to be positive about and both England and Belgium should now be qualified before we meet. Trippier was a revelation and the substitutions really made a difference (massive boost for the manager) - onwards to Panama on Sunday. 👍🏻

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread on 22:55 - Jun 18 with 2012 viewsdingdangblue

Some good stuff here ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44528384

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Thread on 22:59 - Jun 18 with 2001 viewsmingthemerciless

Match Thread on 22:30 - Jun 18 by DaleiLama

I thought a sin-binning more likely after some of the wrap-up tackles they were getting away with in the box.

Even in rugby league it's a penalty if you tackle a player without the ball !
Match Thread on 23:30 - Jun 18 with 1960 viewsDaley_Lama

Best team won
England were the best team.

Been a while when I’ve been able to say that in a World Cup Final.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 00:02 - Jun 19 with 1924 viewsSandyman

Certain players can make careers out of World Cup performances. The Tunisians that proper wrestled Harry Kane to the ground, twice, will soon be signed up by Vince McMahon and be wearing leotards in the WWE. Not that V A R saw anything wrong, like.....
Match Thread on 00:08 - Jun 19 with 1915 viewssweetcorn

First half (especially the first 20 minutes) we looked sharp and dangerous going forward, slacked off a little in the second half.

Sterling wasn’t good enough and should lose his starting place to rashford on Sunday.

Any team that has harry kane in will score goals, as he’s shown tonight.

Can’t really be too critical of the team, most of the “big” teams have struggled in their openers and we’ve managed to get an important 3 points on the board.

Can feel the optimism levels rising. Its coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread on 07:40 - Jun 19 with 1751 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread on 00:08 - Jun 19 by sweetcorn

First half (especially the first 20 minutes) we looked sharp and dangerous going forward, slacked off a little in the second half.

Sterling wasn’t good enough and should lose his starting place to rashford on Sunday.

Any team that has harry kane in will score goals, as he’s shown tonight.

Can’t really be too critical of the team, most of the “big” teams have struggled in their openers and we’ve managed to get an important 3 points on the board.

Can feel the optimism levels rising. Its coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

The most encouraging thing for me, and all I’m expecting is gradual improvement, is that they seem to have greatly improved team possession of the ball and movement (that’s why Sterling may start the next game). Very, very early days yet but they seem to have developed a ‘way’ of playing. They stuck to it, believed in it and most importantly didn’t panic when it wasn’t going their way. No superman quarter-back balls. We may just benefit from not having a Rooney or a Gerrard. Or Andy Carroll (who, along with Rooney, may have been there if Allardyce was still in charge).
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 7:49]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread on 08:23 - Jun 19 with 1707 views1949er

Need someone like Jonjo Shelvey, but his reputation goes before him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Match Thread on 08:31 - Jun 19 with 1696 viewsaleanddale

a win is a win I suppose.... England so frustrating to watch though.

England toothless in front of goal - Kane apart.

Lingard miss on 2 mins set the tone. A scuffed shot right at the keepers legs.

How can you repeatedly miss kick the ball in front of goal! Stones Lingard and Sterling all with boots on the wrong feet.

Harry Maguire looked lg2 standard first half thankfully he improved quite a bit second half.

Loftus Cheek and Rashford to start on Sunday please.

still a real chance to get into the last 16 and the knock out stages.
Match Thread on 09:33 - Jun 19 with 1628 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread on 07:40 - Jun 19 by BigDaveMyCock

The most encouraging thing for me, and all I’m expecting is gradual improvement, is that they seem to have greatly improved team possession of the ball and movement (that’s why Sterling may start the next game). Very, very early days yet but they seem to have developed a ‘way’ of playing. They stuck to it, believed in it and most importantly didn’t panic when it wasn’t going their way. No superman quarter-back balls. We may just benefit from not having a Rooney or a Gerrard. Or Andy Carroll (who, along with Rooney, may have been there if Allardyce was still in charge).
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 7:49]

Funnily enough Allardyce was on the radio this morning putting the boot in (bitter because he feels he should still be Manager). Doesn't agree with 3 at the back, didn't like Maguire and Stones bringing the ball out saying midfielder's should be doing that - also had the cheek to remark that we had to rely on 2 set pieces to win the game!

Match Thread on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 1615 viewsScunnydale

I wouldn't necessarily change anything against Panama. Sterling's frustrating and Alli/Lingard weren't at their best, but I'd give them another chance on Sunday. Whether they take it is up to them.

Rashford is excellent off the bench and, as good as Loftus-Cheek looked when he came on, I'd prefer the others to be starting.

As for Big Sam, he's an incredibly bitter man. Did you see the Impossible Job documentary?
Match Thread on 09:52 - Jun 19 with 1609 viewsfitzochris

England’s “get at em early” approach was refreshingly pleasant to see for the first 20 minutes of last night’s match. However, hailing it as the best football of the tournament so far was a eulogy too far (I reserve that praise for Spain’s midfield display on Friday). Still, but for some outrageous profligacy from the England attack, we could have been out of sight by this stage.

Could have been.

Sadly, the moment Tunisia instigated their first press in the final third, the old England foibles became apparent. Three centre backs looking under pressure and a little lost. Wayward passing, being caught in possession and all a little panicky. Once Tunisia equalised (it was a penalty), their game plan switched to one of playing for a point. Thereafter we were subjected to watching our boys trying to unpick a tangle of Tunisian mesh, which more often than not, resulted in playing backwards. Necessary, granted, but frustrating as a spectacle.

The introduction of Loftus-Cheek and Rashford was welcome, especially as the former seemed to have no other thought than to drive forward, but it was down to Harry Kane once again (who, other than two goals, had a quiet game) to dig us out in the last minute.

Then it’s back to the studio for a routine, colonialesque dismissal of Panama on Sunday.

It’s refreshing to see a new England side without the egotistical baggage of yore, and I do think most fans are keeping our chance in perspective, but to progress, we need to join our back three together by rope and introduce mandatory shooting practice for all our attackers other than Kane, with anyone who misses receiving an electric shock.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread on 09:56 - Jun 19 with 1599 viewsR17ALE

There are occasions when ordinary fans know better than the football people. 4 years ago Roy had Kane taking the corners which to anyone who knew anything about football was insane.

Yesterday we had Kane in the box and scored from 2 corners.

It's a bit like making sure Hendo is further up the pitch than anyone else, as he's the best finisher!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread on 10:12 - Jun 19 with 1566 viewsR17ALE

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-tunisia-world-cup

There's one regular Dale fan in this picture looking quite suave in Russia!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread on 10:19 - Jun 19 with 1553 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread on 10:12 - Jun 19 by R17ALE

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/england-tunisia-world-cup

There's one regular Dale fan in this picture looking quite suave in Russia!

Bazingadale would have a meltdown at all those "hipster" retro shirts.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread on 10:21 - Jun 19 with 1545 viewsdingdangblue

Even just for morale for our youngest most inexperienced squad ever at a World Cup - it was undoubtedly the best way to win the game - and the fact Kane scored is just icing on the cake. Everyone of them must be buzzing this morning and there are so many positives to work on - hopefully as we progress further in the tournament we can improve and develop. I remember Italia 90 and Euro 96 we were poor against both Eire and Switzerland in our openers but progressed to the semi's. We will need a bit of luck along the way but it's a very decent start.

Match Thread on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 1514 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread on 10:21 - Jun 19 by dingdangblue

Even just for morale for our youngest most inexperienced squad ever at a World Cup - it was undoubtedly the best way to win the game - and the fact Kane scored is just icing on the cake. Everyone of them must be buzzing this morning and there are so many positives to work on - hopefully as we progress further in the tournament we can improve and develop. I remember Italia 90 and Euro 96 we were poor against both Eire and Switzerland in our openers but progressed to the semi's. We will need a bit of luck along the way but it's a very decent start.

One thing they must learn quickly is that with VAR and wacko foreign referees our defenders cannot get away with stuff which happens week in week out in the Prem........Kyle Walker said as much post match.......
Match Thread on 10:53 - Jun 19 with 1486 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread on 10:36 - Jun 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

One thing they must learn quickly is that with VAR and wacko foreign referees our defenders cannot get away with stuff which happens week in week out in the Prem........Kyle Walker said as much post match.......

Yet perfectly fine to use any wrestling move you like,how in God's name weren't them 2 assaults on Kane not given as a pen,unbelievable but saying that was pretty on par for the ref who was shite most of the game imo
Match Thread on 11:19 - Jun 19 with 1446 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread on 10:53 - Jun 19 by nordenblue

Yet perfectly fine to use any wrestling move you like,how in God's name weren't them 2 assaults on Kane not given as a pen,unbelievable but saying that was pretty on par for the ref who was shite most of the game imo

Nearly as annoying as the 2 blatant assaults on Harry Kane the ref turned a blind eye to - what was going on when their player stood over Trippier's free kick and refused to go back 10 yards? The ref just let him do it and ran off? And his assistant also did nothing! It will be interesting if FIFA have anything to say about the 2 VAR's that didn't happen - I hope England ask for an explanation.

Match Thread on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 1403 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread on 11:19 - Jun 19 by dingdangblue

Nearly as annoying as the 2 blatant assaults on Harry Kane the ref turned a blind eye to - what was going on when their player stood over Trippier's free kick and refused to go back 10 yards? The ref just let him do it and ran off? And his assistant also did nothing! It will be interesting if FIFA have anything to say about the 2 VAR's that didn't happen - I hope England ask for an explanation.

The World's against us.........always has been,just how we like it.
Match Thread on 12:07 - Jun 19 with 1396 views100notout

Match Thread on 12:03 - Jun 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

The World's against us.........always has been,just how we like it.

Its like the fookin Eurovision song contest

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024