Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 14:39 - Jun 22 with 2315 viewsD_Alien

Working well so far - when it's been used*

Penalty awarded for 'foul' on Neymar overturned, rightly so

*The Costa Rica lads were really in the refs face to review. Maybe our lads need to be a bit less reticent? I really don't like the 'in your face' attitude but if it helps arrive at the right decision, as should have happened for the constant and obvious fouling in the penalty box against our lads v Tunisia, then fair enough

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

VAR on 14:48 - Jun 22 with 2293 viewsjudd

I hate that sort of approach.

I would much prefer the captain to approach the ref and politely invite him to utilise the opportunity of review via VAR.

Then tell the ref he's a blind tvvat when he don't give the fooker.

Poll: What is it to be then?

VAR on 15:08 - Jun 22 with 2274 viewsdingdangblue

Neymar should have had a yellow for diving.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

VAR on 15:40 - Jun 22 with 2250 viewsD_Alien

VAR on 15:08 - Jun 22 by dingdangblue

Neymar should have had a yellow for diving.

Diving?

It was a backwards somersault with 2.5 twists

VAR on 15:48 - Jun 22 with 2234 viewsDaleiLama

VAR on 14:48 - Jun 22 by judd

I hate that sort of approach.

I would much prefer the captain to approach the ref and politely invite him to utilise the opportunity of review via VAR.

Then tell the ref he's a blind tvvat when he don't give the fooker.

Chuck a Kirkby kiss in if you don't get your own way in the end. May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

VAR on 01:03 - Jun 23 with 2095 viewsDiddyDave

No wonder non football lovers call the players Hollywoods. Costa Rica,who otherwise played really well,resorted to disgraceful play acting towards the end of the game leaving the ref no alternative to allow the players to be "treated" by the physios. Let`s hope all the South and Central Americans will soon be on way home.
VAR on 09:01 - Jun 23 with 2016 viewsNigeriamark

VAR on 01:03 - Jun 23 by DiddyDave

No wonder non football lovers call the players Hollywoods. Costa Rica,who otherwise played really well,resorted to disgraceful play acting towards the end of the game leaving the ref no alternative to allow the players to be "treated" by the physios. Let`s hope all the South and Central Americans will soon be on way home.

Another good VAR decision in the Nigeria game to give Iceland a penalty. will be a few issues but I think it is a good thing as decisions are now being made quickly.
VAR on 10:50 - Jun 23 with 1948 viewsTVOS1907

VAR on 01:03 - Jun 23 by DiddyDave

Is 'Hollywoods' an Australian term as I've never heard it said any non-football lovers?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

VAR on 11:09 - Jun 23 with 1932 viewsmikehunt

And yet that Serb who got wrestled to the ground by two Swiss doesn’t get reviewed. It was arguably worse than Kane’s incident. Are we to assume wrestling in the box is not an offence?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 12:30 - Jun 23 with 1896 viewsD_Alien

VAR on 11:09 - Jun 23 by mikehunt

And yet that Serb who got wrestled to the ground by two Swiss doesn’t get reviewed. It was arguably worse than Kane’s incident. Are we to assume wrestling in the box is not an offence?

The Serb management apparently lodged a complaint about this after the match with the refereeing authority, who said they'd be issuing further instructions to their refs (according to the discussion on the highlights programme last night)

So, we'll see

Needs to stop, and a few penalties awarded in front of the many millions watching worldwide is no better opportunity

But i won't be holding my breath...

[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 12:32]

VAR on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 1877 viewsdingdangblue

VAR on 12:30 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

The Serb management apparently lodged a complaint about this after the match with the refereeing authority, who said they'd be issuing further instructions to their refs (according to the discussion on the highlights programme last night)

So, we'll see

Needs to stop, and a few penalties awarded in front of the many millions watching worldwide is no better opportunity

But i won't be holding my breath...

[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 12:32]

Yes they'll start giving them in the knockout stage - and watch an England defender get penalised for holding in the box!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

VAR on 12:58 - Jun 23 with 1873 viewsSaxonDale

Would it be worth VAR being used only to correct a decision that the referee/asssistants have actually given? Would arguably help clear up a few of the inconsistencies seen so far this World Cup. It would obviously also have its set backs though.
VAR on 15:21 - Jun 23 with 1795 viewsmikehunt

I wonder if you could have it like in tennis? Each side gets three challenges (or whatever) per game. That should take some of the frustration out of perceived misdemeanours missed.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

VAR on 13:30 - Jun 24 with 1605 viewsDaleiLama

VAR on 15:21 - Jun 23 by mikehunt

I wonder if you could have it like in tennis? Each side gets three challenges (or whatever) per game. That should take some of the frustration out of perceived misdemeanours missed.

That's how the NFL does it. 2 challenges per team + a bonus per team for a successful challenge. Works well

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

VAR on 21:00 - Jun 25 with 1476 viewsToffeemanc

VAR

VAR = Visually Afflicted Referees

So wanted Iran to get a winner just to see Ronaldo cry.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

VAR on 21:09 - Jun 25 with 1459 viewsArthurDaley

VAR on 21:00 - Jun 25 by Toffeemanc

VAR

VAR = Visually Afflicted Referees

So wanted Iran to get a winner just to see Ronaldo cry.

The winker should have got a red, if he touched him or not.

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024